Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 04-08-2006, 11:54 PM   #1  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

Default can't seem to lose, help please

Now that I am getting closer to goal weight, I just can't seem to lose any more. Every time I lose a lb. one week, I go back up the next week. I have several health problems and really can't do much exercise other than walking. I walk 30 min's for 1 1/2 miles 7 days a week. Is this the right way to exercise or should I maybe change to walking 1 hour every other day or daily. I follow my diet plan strictly and write it down every day. Does anyone know what I could possibly do to help me start losing again. I lost 59 lbs. in first 6 months and only 16 more in last 3 1/2 months. Is this completely normal to have this much problem when a person is getting close to goal? I don't want to change the way I eat, because it was working to get me this far. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I can't get excited when I see a 1 lb. loss , when it hops right back up the following week. I am trying not to get depressed over this, but it seems like forever since I had any good steady weight loss.
lilybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2006, 12:22 AM   #2  
WW Moderator

Yes, this is normal. I don't know what health problems you have - can you lift weights? Some weight training will help, and if there is any other kind of cardio that you can do, then shaking it up will help with that, also. You don't want your body to get used to the same exercise because it will naturally get efficient and save those calories instead of burn them.

Kathy Smith Lift Weights to Lose Weight is a good beginners option for weights, and Walk Away the Pounds might be a good walking alternative for you.

Good luck!
Jennifer 3FC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2006, 12:37 AM   #3  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

I can't lift weights at all due to liver failure with severe pain over right side of back, abdomen and shoulder. I can't do any abdominal exercises due to large umbilical hernia.( which will be fixed in the next 2 weeks). My doctor had told me to walk 20 min's 4 x a week and I am doing a lot more than this already. I haven't heard of Walk Away the Pounds, could you tell me what this is.
lilybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2006, 04:01 AM   #4  

Have you entertained the thought that maybe your body has basically chosen for you the weight it wants to be?

Other than that, I would lower my calories and change up my exercise routine. If you don't want to lower your calories considering changing the nutrional balance such as less or more carbs, proteins, fats, etc., and see what works for you.
madscientist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2006, 10:03 AM   #5  

Quote:
I haven't heard of Walk Away the Pounds, could you tell me what this is.
I've never done/seen it but I believe it is a video/dvd exercise program where you walk in place in front of the tv and just like all exercise tapes you have the leader in the video to cheer you on (Leslie Sansone?). I'm sure someone else can give you more information.
holicanmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2006, 10:19 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

You're welcome to join a thread in support groups that's called "Almost There" we're all working away at those last few stubborn pounds.
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2006, 12:15 PM   #7  
WW Moderator

Walk Away The Pounds is an in home walking program. You do other things with the walking, like arm raises, leg kicks, etc to burn more calories and break up boredom. You can customize it to what you are able to do. Search this message board for WATP and you will find a lot of threads about it with opinions. Good luck with your surgery!
Jennifer 3FC is offline   Reply With Quote