Old 04-05-2006, 01:50 PM   #1  
Red Sox Nation! :)

S/C/G: 280/240/160

Height: 5'7"

Default Fun food find

Hey, all-

I'm sorry if this is a repeat, but I've been insanely busy lately and haven't been able to keep up on the posts like I want to. =/ Grad school...*grumblegrumble*

Anyway! I was at the grocery store last weekend and found a fantastic new low-calorie item and thought I'd share it with you. Wishbone is now making salad spritzers (which I believe is their proper name as well) in at least three different flavors--red wine vinaigrette, balsamic vinaigrette, and Italian. They're very basically salad dressings in a spray-bottle, each spray amounting to a grand total of one calorie! The salads I usually eat for lunch do well with five to ten sprays, which cuts down on calorie totals considerably. The dressings are really versatile, too, as I've traded them in for my usual low-cal ranch dressing with mixed fresh veggies, et cetera. The best part, though, is that the ingredient listing is entirely readable. Nothing fake or frightening here, just your very basic vinegar/oil/spice ingredients, which makes the whole endeavor seem a little better.

Enjoy.
alkali-feldspar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2006, 02:01 PM   #2  
Mom to an active 1 yr old

S/C/G: 175/See Ticker/135

Height: 5'8

That sounds interesting....i will have to look at it when I go to the store...thanks for letting us know
Alaynna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2006, 03:02 PM   #3  
One life, live it well

S/C/G: 304|ticker|160

Height: 5'6½

That sounds like a great idea. I think I'll go try it out in my Pampered Chef spritzer - just a mix of oil, vinegar & spices - then measure out what 10 or so pumps measure in a teaspoon and go from there! I might have to grind the spices up super fine so it doesn't clog the sprayer. Thanks for the idea.
Nori71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2006, 03:21 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 188/188/150

Height: 5'7

that sounds great! Thanks for the heads-up.
judes26 is offline   Reply With Quote