Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 04-03-2006, 03:25 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 257/164/140

Height: 5' 6

Default Any advice?

Today was my first day back in the gym for about two months. I had a lot of stuff go on lately that caused some bumps in my schedule and prevented me from going...a death, car trouble, got sick ....the list goes on. Anyways when I went to the gym I discovered that I have gained three pounds!!! I guess I expected a gain but now I am just discouraged. Prior to all this I had been on a plateau for about 3 months...now I have broken the plateau but I went the wrong way! Any advice on how to re-energize myself and start losing again? Thanks!
silversparkle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2006, 04:43 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 248/223/160

First off congradulation on the 23lb loss you have already have. 3 lb isn't bad for not working out for 2 months. Don't beat your self up over it.
It will be like start new and soon you will be on a roll and blowing past that plateau.
Moore2lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2006, 05:00 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 257/164/140

Height: 5' 6

I hope your right!
silversparkle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2006, 05:17 PM   #4  
Is on an Infinite Cut

S/C/G: 165/152/140

Height: 5'4

Taking time off could be a good thing because you probably will plateau out at a low weight this time, most of the time when you hit a plateau all you have to do is change your routine to shock your system again. 3lbs isnt a major gain, besides its normal for everyones weight to fluctuate 3lbs to the plus or minus. They say ( whoever they are) that the only time you should count a 1-3lb loss is if you keep it off for 2 weeks or more. Thats what I read anyways..
Ready2ShedLBS is offline   Reply With Quote