Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 04-03-2006, 03:33 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 165/205/120 PREGNANT!

Angry New Week

After a week of gorging myself to death, I am ready to start over. I did almost perfect for 2 weeks and then I starting binging. I was eating really well and excercising and water water water and felt great, but I have soooo little willpower. Last week was just one big dissapointing fluke along with a 5lb weight gain, a crappy road trip, a week full of anxiety attacks and the death of a friend. I'm going to find my positive attitude if I have to take it! lol

.susan.
suddenly susan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2006, 04:23 AM   #2  
aka Superwoman!

S/C/G: SW:226/16st - about 50lbs lost

Height: 5'8"

You can do it, just concentrate on the next meal... be sure to eat healthy, then the next meal, then the next... Eat the elephant one bite at a time.

2frustrated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2006, 08:11 AM   #3  
used to be tofat

S/C/G: 189/128.5/130

Height: 5' 3 1/2"

Hang in there. It sounds like you had a very tough week. I'm sorry you lost a friend. That is so hard to get through without having other problems get at you. BUT...You can get back on track. You can do this! Everyday, every meal we get to make a choice. These are not always easy choices due to ourselves, and our surroundings, but we can start to make small good choices and they will add up to a difference. Good luck on your choices today!
ArtsyGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2006, 08:14 AM   #4  

Height: 5'8.5"

Hi Susan

Yah it is discouraging when we blow it and end up paying for it with weight gain. Sorry about the loss of your friend and the other stresses you have had. Just jump right back up here on the wagon with the rest of us... we are all traveling along together in this journey!!
Misti in Seattle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2006, 09:38 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 190/140/135

Height: 5'7"

I'm going to link a post I wrote in the Chicks in Control forum about perfection and control:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/show...88&postcount=9

I try very hard not to view weight loss in terms of perfection and willpower anymore.
Glory87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2006, 10:32 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 165/205/120 PREGNANT!

Cool gracias!

Oh my gosh Glory, that is the best post ever. I was thinking about that a lot lately. I am probably far more focused on eating healthy than are a lot of dieters my age, but I still have that control freak factor. Just like I do with everything else. I was doing "perfect" in school this semester until I bombed a test...and it's been next to impossible for me to get the willpower to put any energy into school since then. My head gets this whole crazy "what's the point if i'm not perfect" mentality. I have decided though, that my FIRST goal is to get my sugar levels down. I think that once I can rope them under control, a lot of other things will start falling into place (with effort of course). Thank you guys for the words of encouragement =)

s.
suddenly susan is offline   Reply With Quote