Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 04-01-2006, 06:37 AM   #1  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Wink Weekend Log - April 1st and 2nd

Good Morning,

Sorry I was MIA yesterday. Work is soooooo busy, I emailed a friend and didn't even have time to respond back to her... lorday.

I'm doing crapy with my eating and exercise has really not even been a thought. I gotta get my arse in gear, this is disgusting.

I can't play right now, because the water trucks are coming to fill the pool soon and I have to get dressed... can't scare them ya know.

I'll ba back later...... Watcha all doing today?
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2006, 12:38 PM   #2  
One day at a time..

S/C/G: 264/ticker/150

Height: 5'6"

Hey Leenie Don't worry, you'll get back to business. I haven't been around much myself, been busy with work and such. I'm so excited about your pool - what do ya say we have a pool party??

I had a pretty good week. I walked about 3 miles every day, a step up from what I was doing. I also bought an elliptical and am waiting for it to arrive. I'm so excited I was dreading the weigh in today.. which is not unusual, but I was thrilled to see a 2.5 lb loss! I'm down 28.5 lbs weee! 1.5 more till 30.

I collect these dolls called Asian Ball jointed dolls and was selling one on Ebay. I got $310 for it which I'm going to use to buy my Select tech dumbbells and a weight bench. I'm so pumped for it! BTW, has anyone ever heard of ball jointed dolls? Does anyone on here collect dolls? Or am I the only big kid, lol.

Well, I'm off to find my kids.. also known as dogs haha Have a happy day everyone!

Candi
MizCandula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2006, 02:48 PM   #3  

Don't worry about it, Leenie. I had an awful week too. I mark down the days that I binge eat on my calendar...and in the last two weeks...6 days of binge eating!!! The other night, after my three meals and dessert, I ate FOUR packs chocolate covered almonds...you know, the ones that kids sell to raise money...huge boxes. I just couldn't stop...I don't know what came over me...it was as if I was afraid of being successful and I just had a panic attack.
But anyway...today's the first day of April...so we're off for a clean start!

MizCandula, congrats on your loss! I have an elliptical myself...I'd say it's the best low-impact workout I've ever done.

My plan for today:

Go to work: 1:30 - 9:30pm.
Workout: 10:30-11:30pm

B:Lean cuisine spinach cheese pizza
L:Eggs and brocolli???
D:swedish meatball pasta???
S:yogurt???

G'day all!
Peanut_butter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2006, 07:59 PM   #4  

Done my exam.......it wasn't so bad......have to wait 8 weeks to get the results.......

Beautiful spring day.......walked with my dog for about 45 minutes with dd8 on her bike.

Hang in there Leens!

Hi Candi and Peanut and all to follow!

L
liz321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2006, 10:10 PM   #5  
Dream Big

S/C/G: 233.4/see ticker/135

Height: 5'2

Just dropping in to say a quick hi! Been off my feet the whole day and boy the house shows it! I swear I'm the only one in the house that even acknowledges that we have a dish washer or clothes washer and dryer. My knee better be better tomorrow or we're gonna run out of dishes! My family has somehow managed to use every pot and plate in the house today I think. At least that's the way the kitchen looks right now. Oh well tomorrow is another day right. Hope everyone is good. I'll see ya tomorrow.
timmyshawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2006, 11:54 PM   #6  

S/C/G: H178/S170/140/135

Height: 5'3"

hi again

Leenie *hug.. thanks for the welcome back... I appreciate it.

Did 55 min on elliptical (at gym) plus my back and ab exercises.. had a decent day with the food too.

company yesterday til about noon today.. all cleaned up from that too.
JudoMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2006, 01:58 AM   #7  

Hi everyone....DH was in hospital for 3 days.....he had surgery on his prostate.....he found out today.....he doesn't have cancer....what a relief!!!!
He came home around 6 tonight.

I have been feeling good the last 3 days....I sort of have come to realize that I feel better when there is stuff happening in my life....like the kids coming to visit....or going to see them....or like when DH is in the hospital.....I guess I have someone else to think about besides myself.
It's when I sort of hibernate....staying home all the time....that I get depressed.....so I guess I need to get out more.

I am doing better with food today.

Hi JudoMom....I haven't seen you here in a while......good to see you here.

Leenie......I sure know what it's like to want to eat everything in site.....I have been doing that for months.....but today was a good day with food....just hang in there.

April
april99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2006, 07:26 AM   #8  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Good Morning,

Candi congratulations on your WL...boy are you flying whooot!
Yup, you wanna come up from MD to swim in my pool, your more than welcome lol. Shoot, you could stop at the jersey shore, cape may and forget I even exist hehehe. Never heard of the asian ball dolls (sounds kinky lol) but boy, $310 smackers for it whhoooohhhooo thats great. My mom tried to get me to collect dolls when I was a kid, but I wanted no part of it. I was more like a tom boy but I did like my stuffed animals. I see my DD is the same way but not a tom boy like I was.

Pnut, yep today is a new day. Hopefully it will be better lol. Only we can do that right. Good luck and thank

Liz, sounded like a wonderful walk yesterday. I too kept busy but I noticed with the nicer weather that Im not always thinking about what I can shovel in my pie hole.

Judomom how is your back? I remember you hurting it and it really throwing you for a loop. 55 min on the eliptical wholey smokes woman!!! I can't even do 10.

Heather, tell your DH to first clean up, second to get paper plates and order out for pizza or cook on the grill so you don't have to get upset about the dishes.... I know I'd be a looney (okay more of a looney) if my kitchen was piled high with dishes. Feel better hon.

April I'm so glad to hear that DH is doing well and that its NOT cancer....phewww. Glad to hear your doing well and yes, I can relate to being busy and not having time to be depressed. Give DH a hug and get wells from me.

Food:
B- Coffee, Bagel
L- ?
D- ?
Water....gotta do better today.
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2006, 12:11 PM   #9  
Dream Big

S/C/G: 233.4/see ticker/135

Height: 5'2

Hi everyone! My knee is feeling a bit better today, which is good since I have to do the grocery shopping. Dh is trying to clean up the house a bit for me. I let him know in no uncertain terms how i felt about the fact that it had been trashed. Oh yeah. I lost another lb. So that makes it 15 gone so far!!

April I'm so happy for ya'll that it's not cancer! Congrats honey! I know you're relieved!

JudoMom, Wow 55 min on the eliptical!! WTG!!

Leenie I wanna come swimming! I wished you lived closer. Do things ever slow down for you honey? It always seems so hectic up there. You need a vaction. Just some lazy days on a tropical beach with a cute cabanna boy named Jose to rub oils on your body and treat you to a massage and tropical drinks with little umbrellas.

Candi, wtg with the exercise and weight loss! Congrats on the sale of that doll! That's a good way to use the money too!

Peanut hang in there honey! We all have bad times with our food. If we didn't we wouldn't need to lose weight. Take the good days and be happy for them and try to do better on the other days and it'll come in time.

Liz I bet you sure are glad to be done with the exam. Eight weeks is a long time to wait. I'd go batty (or more batty) waiting for the results. I wish you luck honey, not that you need it with all the studying you did.

Well all I'm off to finish the store list and get in the shower. Hope everyone has a good day. TTYL
timmyshawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2006, 01:36 PM   #10  

S/C/G: H178/S170/140/135

Height: 5'3"

Good afternoon.

Leenie, my back has been much better, thanks. I've stuck to the exercises the physio gave me and have incorporated them into my gym workouts. I haven't had an episode with my back in just over 15 months. I am much stronger... she said the key was improving my core.

Hub couldn't get over the muscles/tone in my legs last night *lol... I told him there was a wicked bod under the padding I just gotta get rid of the padding.

I do minimum 35 min on elliptical, max 65 min (alternate days) as part of my program. There is a very fancy one at the gym and I use the ledge/electronic read out table as a book prop. I always take a book with me and it makes the time fly by when I'm on it.

We've had a rough winter here with family things. It's going to sound like I'm making it all up, but hub has had some significant health issues and we just got the news on Thurs that cancer has been ruled out. It has been a frightening time, as cancer runs rampant in his family.

Our son's (23) girlfriend got raped by the cab driver driving her home about a month ago. Our son suffers from depression/anxiety and this has thrown everyone for a huge loop. Both are doing better and son has been wonderful with her. They are both in counselling (just started) to help them cope. I am so proud of my son for how he has handled it all. His gf is a lovely young lady and I fully expect she will be our d-i-l some day.

Daughter (18 in less than 2 months) also deals with depression (who says it's not hereditary???!!!). She came off her Celexa cold turkey in Jan (didn't tell anyone... lied to me that she was still on it) and did a huge crash 2 weekends ago. We spent the better part of a day up at the hospital having her evaluated by psychiatrist (on family dr's orders) as she was being considered for admission. We chose the "someone stay with her 24/7 route & go home" so that was a pretty intense time. She's doing much better (relative) now and will go back to school starting tomorrow.

So, I am truly grateful spring, longer days and warmer sunshine are here and will continue to improve!

TimmyShawn it's nice to meet you and thank you for the encouragement with my workouts. They have been a tremendous stress reliever.

April I am so glad to hear the good news. I hope your hub gets better very quickly!! Hang in with the food. It really is a one day at a time lifestyle.

Liz Congrats on getting the exam over! 8 weeks is sure a long time to have to wait when you are looking at it from this end, but I bet it goes fast!!

peanut butter Have you thought about giving yourself a star/sticker for your good days instead of binge days? I do that for my workout days... it keeps me motivated. Then you can congratulate yourself on days things went well instead of focusing on days you binged.

MizCandula I think you'll enjoy the elliptical... just remember to start off slowly. It's amazing how fast you will build up your stamina.

Cathy I hope you are doing well, my friend!

I am taking a break from the gym today. I think I overdid it last week My legs feel 1000 pounds of rubber today *lol

Have a great week everyone!
JudoMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2006, 03:12 PM   #11  

Good morning all........went to work last night in the ER for 4 hours and stayed for 8.......went home at 4 in the morning........ugh!

It is so busy every where and everyone is so short......anyhow today I am doing some laundry and getting ready for back to school tomorrow....working full time for the next little while........gonna plan a get away to Vancouver in the summer and hopefully a hot holiday next spring........have to have something to look forward too!

April maybe I'll come visit you when I go see my aunt in Surrey. She is in a lovely care facility there. Congrats on your husbands good news about no Cancer.......so nice to know you don't have to think about chemo, surgery etc. My father went through that and he has never been the same........how is that grandbaby of yours!

Judo mom isn't that so true about the weather affecting our moods....unbelieveable....I am so sorry about all the pain your family has had to endure.......makes you wonder how much can a family endure...Hang in there.......you sound like a remarkable bunch!

Heather hooray for hubby's who clean the house!

Timmyshawn I hear ya about no one else seeing what needs to be done.......I have to admit my house is out of control........I know this sounds pathetic but I feel like selling my house and starting over, I just don't feel like I can get this one pulled back into shape.......it is reaching the 15 year mark and needs so much work to keep it up.

PNB how is the eating going today?

Leens.......s l o w d o w n!

Thanks for all your support and encouragement regarding my latest academic endevour.......I will keep you posted!

Back later.

Bye

L
liz321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2006, 03:55 PM   #12  

Judomom, sorry to hear you're having to deal with so much. But like you said, brighter days are to come. I'd think depression is hereditary...my dad is depressed as well...except he doesn't accept that as a fact and doesn't get help. I try not to reward myself with good days (although I have in the past) because I'm trying to convince myself that it's' a lifestyle change...not a temporary thing blah blah you know all that corny weight-loss magazine stuff heheh. Well actually, I'm severely obsessive compulsive...and I fear that'll take over as well. sighhhh...

April, you must be so relieved! I remember I had a few breast tumor scares...boy was I under stress.

Heather WHooooH! 15 lbs! You go, girl! That's how much I've lost so far too!

Liz, Leenie, and everyone else in this thread, THANK you for your support! I didn't binge yesterday!!! I worked 8 hours then I walked home from work, which took 1.5 hours!

Today's gonna be a great day...I already did my 4 mile wtp dvd...and I'll be working at 4:30pm so I won't have time to overeat!

Plan for today:
B: STouffer's Flatbread pizza
L: Eggs (2) and brocolli???
D: Chicken carbonara (lean cuisine) ???
S: Apple, and lots of milk tea!
Peanut_butter is offline   Reply With Quote