UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Old 04-01-2006, 12:03 AM   #1  
YP1
Sub-4 marathon runner!

S/C/G: 260/156/148-152

Height: 5 9

Default April Chat, not for fools!

I've had one of those nights where I couldn't sleep properly. Gah!
YP1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2006, 02:07 AM   #2  

Isn't the weather horrible. I'm just finishing my breakfast before trekking to the yoga show. So much for a morning run, I could nearly swim down our main street!
kykaree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2006, 02:46 AM   #3  
Consistency + Balance

S/C/G: 18st/12st10lbs/11st3lbs

Height: 5 ft 6 ins

*sigh* I've been abandoned! DH has gone down to visit one of his daughters in Kent for the weekend - the one that recently had a baby. Its a difficult situation because, even though DH and I have been together 10 years (married for 9), she still won't even say my name and if he mentions me in conversation she just ignores it! Its not like we've even ever met....

I'm waiting for this rain to pass before I'm going to go out with the dogs. According to the Met Office website the weather there is supposed to be sunshine with little white fluffy clouds today, instead we've got a dark grey sky and heavy rain (but there is blue in the distance)! After my walk I'm going to set up my exciting new training schedule (!) and try and figure out how all the bits on the new exercise bench work.

You have to laugh... DH has asked me to set him up a training schedule - and I asked him what weights he wanted to use and he said he didn't mind but they would *naturally* be heavier than the ones I use - so we went through a few basic exercises with me demonstrating and him copying and he then decided he'd start at the same as I'm using now... typical!

Scales are strange... yesterday I had lost 4lbs this week but I use Saturday as my official weighing in day and today I weigh 2lbs more - its still 2lbs down on last week so I'm not too worried. I still don't understand how come I always weigh less on Friday mornings - its not like Friday is a free-day for me.
Sarah Ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2006, 02:54 AM   #4  
Consistency + Balance

Ooop! Just realised that I'm 3lbs down on last week. For some reason I thought I was 14st 4lbs last week but on changing my numbers it turned out I was a pound heavier. Anyway, I'm 14st 2lbs now - AND I've just noticed that its taken me out of the 200s and in to the 100s. Yah!!
Old 04-01-2006, 03:42 AM   #5  
aka Superwoman!

S/C/G: SW:226/16st - about 50lbs lost

Height: 5'8"

Er... I've got the little fluffy white clouds! It's ROASTING in our bedroom - no curtains and a big floor to ceiling glass window you see!

Just had a nice brekky, packed food for when we're out and about, now we're off to JJB to buy me some new running shorts and tops and then Borough market for healthy food, then steamy trains at Marlybone! FUN FUN!

YAY Sarah on your weightloss

Kykree do you need a KICK IN THE PANTS??? I like the sound of the organic food box - can you send me some details when you have yours sorted?? Ta!

YP Take it easy today - maybe it was the wine causing the sleepless night?

2frustrated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2006, 06:03 AM   #6  
Consistency + Balance

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2frustrated
maybe it was the wine causing the sleepless night?
I get that! One glass is great, two glasses makes me sleepy but three or more glasses and I don't sleep properly.

Well, the dark grey sky passed over and I got my walk. Its miserable having to keep the dogs on leads now because of the adders. I've been looking up their habitat and they live in the undergrowth at the edge of woodland so I'm going to try and find a walk that doesn't involve going near the few remaining stands of trees on the Moors.

I got some shorts, T shirts, vest tops and some weird three quarter length sort of crop legging thingies yesterday. The shop DH bought the weights and stuff in were having a clothing sale - all at 70% off and then, just for yesterday, another 50% off the lowest marked price. They are probably in last year's colours - but I don't care, just so long as they do their job. The three quarter length crop legging thingies have a PMP on the label of £45 and I got them for £6.75, the shorts were supposed to be £25 and I got them for £3.75. Most of the T shirts, vests and crop tops were only two or three quid and I got some in sizes 18, 16, 14 and 12 - I WILL get down in to them... one day.
Old 04-01-2006, 06:31 AM   #7  
****zippy****

Location: I am from Dublin Ireland but now live in Yorkshire England

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by YP1
I've had one of those nights where I couldn't sleep properly. Gah!
I find copious amounts of wine does the trick I see you are in leeds.....I am in dewsbury

zippy_loopy_squirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2006, 09:13 AM   #8  
Heather/Caterpillar

Quote:
Originally Posted by zippy_loopy_squirt
....I am in dewsbury

I'm sorry I suppose somebody has to be though! Are you a rams fan? Salford play them in the cup tomorrow and I am slightly worried, it would be just like Salford to play well all season and then be cr@p against Dewsbury. One of my friends plays for Dewsbury so I'm thinking of ringing him up every hour through the night to put him off the game lol!!!
Heva2015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2006, 09:30 AM   #9  
aka Superwoman!

I've made it thus far through the weekend without eating crap!

I too have bought three quarter length legging thingies and tiny shorts! I was having quite a good body image day! Usually I think those leggings make me look short and I would never touch tiny shorts in a million years, but I need em to run, so I bought em!

Been to Borough market, bought millions of apples, some rye bread with raisins in and a chocolate brownie (because they are the best in the world at the organic bread stall!!).

I'm going to tidy my hovel tonight and I might go and dribble over George Clooney in Syriana. Or I might stay in bed with a book!
Old 04-01-2006, 09:32 AM   #10  
Consistency + Balance

Frus, thanks for the idea about the apple crumble thing. I made it for my lunch but in slightly different proportions and it was great. I toasted the oats and a few slivers of almonds in a dry pan first and it was definitely yummy and didn't taste AT ALL healthy.
Old 04-01-2006, 09:36 AM   #11  
Consistency + Balance

Don't tell me you bought grey with pink three quarter legging thingies...? I got everything in pink and grey so it all goes with each other. I don't think the crop tank top thingies quite suit me yet - in fact I'm fairly sure they never will.
Old 04-01-2006, 09:44 AM   #12  

Hello all!

My weekend started with FAR too much boozeahol, and I'm still feeling icky now. Great. Also, my car's brakes are screwed - apparently it's developed a leak somewhere and is loosing brake fluid. I'm not overly concerned about the car, I'm just sat here wondering how the devil I ever got anywhere before I bought a car.

Quiet night in tonight - a new series of Strictly Dance Fever and hopefully finishing knitting my sock.
Freya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2006, 10:46 AM   #13  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarah Ann
Don't tell me you bought grey with pink three quarter legging thingies...? I got everything in pink and grey so it all goes with each other. I don't think the crop tank top thingies quite suit me yet - in fact I'm fairly sure they never will.
This calls for PICS!

Freya - now someone is talking my language, I love strictly dance fever (Sarah and Frus sounds like they're ready for the disco bit with the exercise clothes).

Ooh I spy Sarah's blog
veggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2006, 12:00 PM   #14  
aka Superwoman!

Er... no they're blue with a pink stripe and the tiny shorts are nike - black with a pink stripe! I almost bought a matching blue and pink crop top... Well there was a fuss over my 20% voucher at the till so I left the top and just bought the 2 things I really needed!

Fat chicks dancer fever here we come!

Just had a nice quiche for dinner. I'm stuffed now! I don't know why it does that to me! Must be all the cheese, cream and butter in it! I'm going to have that brownie I bought earlier for my next meal (perhaps with some blendered cottage cheese).

I'm clearing out my bedside table - it's a total mess! I got bored though so I thought I'd come online for a bit!
Old 04-01-2006, 12:21 PM   #15  

I can see it now, the FCUK/UKFC exercise dvd
veggie is offline   Reply With Quote