Closed Thread

Old 03-31-2006, 11:02 AM   #1  
banned

Default calling all ww newbies

is there anyone that started ww in the past 1-3 weeks that would like to buddy up? i am a re-start tomm for the 1swt time in bout 3 mnths.
Old 03-31-2006, 12:24 PM   #2  
15 pounds and counting!

S/C/G: 154/152/140

i'm down. i did my first weigh in on tuesday, so we'll see if i've lost anything. this is my 2nd time doing weight watchers. my first time i lost about 15 pounds, so i'm hoping to be just as successful. welcome back!
Old 03-31-2006, 01:06 PM   #3  
banned

hi indiana!
its nice to meet you im on my 3rd try..... the first was 11 years ago losing 65 lbs. the second was last june losing 50 lbs and now ive got bout 30 to lose. in fact we are within a few lbs of each other too. im 34, how old are tall are you? i'm 5'5.
Old 03-31-2006, 02:44 PM   #4  
barb

Height: 5'7

I am doing this again also. New but doing it on my own I have all the materials from last year...... I was doing south beach so I would love to join jyou.
Old 03-31-2006, 02:54 PM   #5  
banned

hi dj! nice to meet you as well the more the merrier!! when are you starting? or have you already? ive been trying to get some water in the last few days but thats about all. im starting fresh tomorrow
Old 04-01-2006, 07:20 AM   #6  

Can i join in??? I'm Deby--I had a baby last year and need to lose about 80 pounds. I just got off of LA weightloss. I only lost 12 pounds and it cost out the a$$! Then i went to the south beach thing and didn't do well. I'm terrible at portion control. I'm doing ww online and have lost about 2 pounds.

I am nearing 40 and have found losing weight is much more difficult now.

Deby
Old 04-01-2006, 10:43 AM   #7  
banned

hi deby! you sure can!

come on everyone we can do this!!!!!
Old 04-01-2006, 11:13 AM   #8  
weight watching

May I play too? I rejoined this morning for about the 35th time. The meeting centered on not letting the scale run your life. Well, the very first time I went to a WW meeting, back in 1985, that was also the meeting topic. Back then, I weighed 216 pounds and thought it was Time To Do Something. Today, I weighed in at 300.

I lost nearly 30 pounds that first time, getting down to 190 and then I thought I could do it alone. I never got lower than 188, but maintained that weight for about six years. A switch to a much more stressful job threw me off, and up.

I am pledging to go to meetings, with a friend, for three months. I will go whether I'm on program or not, but I fully intend to be OP. I'd love to have a group of Spring Starters, sort of like a freshman class We can see each other through to graduation.

I'm 56, single, no kids, a teacher and writer.
Old 04-01-2006, 12:29 PM   #9  
banned

of course bloomer welcome!b its nice to meet you. i also attend sat. meetings and returned today for the 3rd time. i lost 65 lbs the 1st time and 50 the second and now i need to lose 35. i just finished my workout and ive had almost 6 waters so far.
Old 04-02-2006, 12:12 PM   #10  
banned

hi guys1
how was everyones day yesterday? mine was good.
Old 04-02-2006, 05:52 PM   #11  

Default i'm new and love to join you all...

Hi , i just started the ww flex about a week and a half ago..I am doing it on my own so I am hoping that I will have some weight loss...I think i am eating below my points though..i just am not very hungry and so motivated right now..my biggest problem is exercise..i am do to have knee surgery on the 11th so i can't do much now and certainly won't be able to do much for at least 6 weeks..any help or tips would certainly be appreciated...i have quite a bit to loose but as i said, i am very motivated right now...i look forward to meeting you all...
Old 04-02-2006, 06:28 PM   #12  
banned

hey snicker welcome! id say def eat your allotted points. i have no trouble in that dept-im on core and can never stay within the 35.
as far as exercise, buy some dumbells and do arm exercises. also, go to a search engine and type chair dancing-----theres a whole series of low impact aerobic videos you can do from a chair.
Old 04-03-2006, 11:02 AM   #13  

thanks, andrea, never heard of the chair dancing but i will sure look into that...i have done so well on the ww flex and can't wait to weigh in on Thurs..i'll let you all know how i've done..this is such a great web site..thanks for the encouragement....
Old 04-03-2006, 04:01 PM   #14  
banned

yw
Old 04-03-2006, 04:18 PM   #15  
weight watching

I'm just restarting and an not going to try to do any serious exercise yet. All the walking programs say to start with 10 minutes a day, and I've always pooh-poohed that, but I'm so out of shape, I may only be able to DO 10 minutes a day.

Food, sticking within points, is good. So far. I hope everyone has a great week!
Closed Thread