Old 03-30-2006, 12:51 PM   #1  

Default Hi!

Hi girlies, I've read a lot of your messages. You sound like a fun, caring, and determined bunch. I posted some messages, but haven't found a place where I really fit in and/or have gotten much response.
To tell you a little bit about myself, I'm 24, just moved home, just got out of a serious relationship, and I'm trying to drop a little weight not only to look a little better, but to feel a little better. It's hard to find a "workout" buddy b/c all of my friends are married, engaged, or live with their significant other. So what better way than to stay on track with friends who are wanting to do the same via the internet.
I am taking a "girlie" trip with my mom at the end of the month to Miami and I definitely want to lose a few lbs. before then. Any suggestions?!?
I think that I can get super motivated in here and also stay on track.
I'm about 5'6" and 138 lbs. I'm really needing to lose some weight (especially since I tried on 3 pairs of pants this morning and NOTHING fit me).
So I guess what I'm trying to say is hi and I hope to get to know all of you a little better
and hopefully we can all reach our goals.
If anyone has any suggestions on where I should start/post or do whatever please let me know!!!
periwinkle10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2006, 01:35 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 225/225/150

Height: 5'9"

Welcome, and good luck! In April a challenge will probably start up and those are great ways for just post and see how everyone else is doing... Also there are weekly chat posts, as well as just people posting rants, comments, suggestions etc, I really like this part of the board! Well... Good luck again!
Dreamer85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2006, 05:34 PM   #3  
Moderator.:.20-Somethings

Welcome!
I will be posting up the monthly fitness challenge either today or tomorrow, so sign up! It will be fun.

I would recommend 30-60 minutes of cardio AND strength training at least 4X's a week and you will get your body in tip top shape in no time.
trnsfrmnreplace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2006, 05:44 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 304/289/160

Height: 5'5"

Welcome!!!!!
citycowgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2006, 07:31 PM   #5  

Hi there Do you have a specific plan of action -- diet plan, calorie counting, exercise regimine? It's important to plan above all else, I find. No matter what you're doing, PLAN and you'll have an excellent shot at success!! Good luck!
britomart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2006, 10:39 AM   #6  

Britomart--Hi there no real specific plan of action. I've tried a bunch of different things. I would like to just do calorie counting, but I start on Monday and by Friday I'm eating chinese for lunch and pizza for dinner. I had to try on 4 pairs of pants this morning until I could find one to fit me. That enough should be motivation for losing weight. My friend saw a nutionist and she has lost a lot of weight. It is basically the Zone diet, but I had to do one of those fad diets b/c you have to make it a lifestyle. Any suggestions.
periwinkle10 is offline   Reply With Quote