Old 03-28-2006, 06:26 PM   #1  

Default 5 days NO junk (sort of)

I have gone 5 days (not including today, as it is not over yet!) with out any little bit of sugary, carb filled junk food.
I have done this before, like 5 years ago, and I never thought I would really get to the point where I would let go of it. I really want to make it stick this time and not go back to it. I think I am going to see the pounds come off pretty easily for a few weeks as long as I keep this up.
Don't get me wrong, I have still had some "junk" food - such as beer batter onion rings, a bacon/egg/cheese McGriddle, and frozen pizza - but those foods aren't the problem per se. I can just not eat those foods anytime I want. I am not addicted to those (yet). But the sugary, sweet stuff.... I swear I literally went through withdrawl - the first day I was shaking so bad by supper-time, the next day not so bad, and now not at all.
I have even noticed that food has tasted much better the last few days than it has in a long time. I feel hungry (actual hunger pains), and I am not nearly so thirsty as I usually would be. I even feel satisfied on smaller portions. It is amazing...
I knew I had to quit the crappy food cold turkey.... there is no way I could "wean" my way off of sugar and I finally got real about it. I am hoping that this step is not only lasting, but will finally help me to truly get eating under control.
I've gone 5 days, and I am gonna make it 5 more and keep going. I quit smoking, so I know I can quit this junk food too.
buckettgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2006, 07:03 PM   #2  
so close, yet so far...

S/C/G: wanna be 135

Height: 5'3"

Good for you! One day at a time is all it takes. Good luck and we're all here cheering for ya.
melekalikimaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2006, 07:26 PM   #3  
On Day at a Time

S/C/G: 293/293/165

Height: 6'

Incredibly wonderful!!! You are doing terriffic and I know you'll keep doing great! Rah Rah!

When I started WW I was addicted to carbs. My first week was complete #ell! I had a bad headache everyday. Unfortunately my body was so used to the carbs that it was going through withdrawl! NEVER AGAIN!

Sarah
sarahdafiregal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2006, 10:02 PM   #4  
You can do it!!!!

S/C/G: 294/260/200

Height: 5'3

That is an accomplishment! Like you said, you did five days, and you can do five more! Keep it up!
Monkeybabies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2006, 09:12 AM   #5  
DNR
Determined Woman

Default No Junk

Rah Rah, sis boom bah!

No Junk, No Junk

Rah Rah Rah!!!!

Say this to yourself each day and you'll make it.

DNR
DNR is offline   Reply With Quote