Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 03-25-2006, 08:54 AM   #1  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Talking Weekend Log - March 25th and 26th

Good Morning,

Its so nice to read up on you all, FINALLY !!! I just read up on the weekly thread as well. I'm proud to be a part of all you lovely ladies. There couldn't be a more caring, loving supportive group anywhere. Thanks everyone.

B- Egg, Turkey Bacon, Coffee, OJ
L-
D-
Water: YEP

The only plans I have today is to take my Mom shopping. But thats about it.

How about you ?
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2006, 09:50 AM   #2  

Well, last night went well. Jim, our neighbor and friend came over and first we enjoyed some pizza and the guys had beer and mixed drinks. Then, we tackled the secretary minutes for the last 15 years. Oy vey! We organized as much as we could. He took some documents with him along with some homemade bread. He lives with his 89-year-old Dad and I hope they enjoy it!
Today is mega shopping for groceries and flooring. I don't look forward to this!

We found lost documents dating back to 1927! Now, he wll talk to his brother who might have other missing paperwork,hopefully on disk. Jim is not computer savvi but is brother is.

Well, must get that grocery list compiled.....see you tomorrow!
Tippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2006, 11:17 AM   #3  
Walking by faith

Smile Hello Ladies

Sorry I've been gone so long

My weight has been at a standstill lately, and I've been isolating instead of seeking support. Not anymore! I'm facing ANOTHER surgery for my ankle! I'll be having the biopsy in a few weeks (it was supposed to be Thursday, but I'm fighting a sinus infection). There is still a possiblity that I may lose my lower right leg . All this in the middle of selling our house (still waiting for a buyer) has been stressing me out..and when I'm stressed; I EAT! I'm still lurking even when you're not hearing from me, but I need to start getting involved. Most days are pretty uneventful, but I still need to give you a 'shout out' every now and then. I need support to do this, and I know you'll all be here for me!
Stepping Out is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2006, 01:39 PM   #4  

Joanne, I can understand what you mean by isolating yourself. I did that for a long time...and it got so bad that I dropped out of university and lost half my friends. But now with medical help I can search for support...and I'm finally back on track with my life. I hope all will be well for your leg. I don't know what's wrong, exactly...but faith can go a long way. If there's nothing you can do physically about it, then the strength of your mind can ease your pain.

*hug for Joanne*

Oooh I love weekend logs!

Today's going to be an easy-going Saturday for me. My friends are coming over later on tonight...so during the day I'm going to stay home and get some writing done. Play a few piano songs...and give myself a facial.

B: Jenny's personal pizza (yummmmm...)
L: (not yet, but will have Chicken fettucini most likely)
S: (might skip it because I'm going out with friends for dinner)
D: Anything I want, in moderation.
S: Jenny's chocolate peanut butter nutrition bar
Ds: Skipping dessert tonight. Ran out of cheesecakes already...and I still have to wait until Wednesday for my next consultation! Aaagh *dread*

I woke up this morning and looked at the full body mirror for the first time in months and I almost cried. I can actually see the loss for once...and it all came from healthy eating and exercise - not starvation and laxatives like in the past. I'm sure my depression isn't 'cured' as of now, but wow...I haven't felt this great in almost two years.

If I didn't have this forum to report to, I wouldn't have been able to persevere through it all. It's amazing what a few greetings and kind words can do for our well-being, eh?

Btw...do any of you have 'tired' days? I've been sort of sluggish these past three days or so...even though I'm eating the same stuff (~1300-1400 cals/day). In the past few weeks I exercised 2 hours a day easily and lately I could barely do 30 minutes.

Last edited by Peanut_butter; 03-25-2006 at 01:46 PM.
Peanut_butter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2006, 04:19 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 209/179/160

Height: 5'3"

good afternoon gang

all my plans for today changed my niece came in from out of town and called for everybody to meet for lunch so we were up and out of here early this morning, had a nice lunch and a great visit, ran by Old Navy so my guys could hit a sale they were having, and then headed back home. So I'm just now checking email and checking in and need to get the FAFSA form done.

Leenie - what did you and your mom buy today?

Tippy - did you get all your groceries today? and did you pick out flooring? do you go grocery shopping along or does R go with you?

Joanne!!!! it is so good to see ya girlie. We've been wondering where you were and how you were doing. Sounds like you have an awful lot going on - I can certainly understand the stress and the stress eating. I hope everything gets better soon! Yes! you do need to give a shout out every day and at least touch base with us.

Peanut - sounds like you are doing great on Jenny Craig! I'm so proud of you! I cannot even imagine what it must feel like to lose 3 or 4 pounds in a week! wow! YOU GO GIRL!

ok I gotta get to my list of things to do. Hope everybody has a great weekend!
hugs,
Cathy
cathyxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2006, 05:38 PM   #6  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Hi Ladies,

Joanne, I'm so glad your back. Lordy girl, that ankle is still giving you problems? I am so sorry to hear about the operation. You know you can count on my prayers. Whats up with the house? are you getting any nibbles on it?

Tippy, sounds like a great time you had with friends. Yikes, documents from 1927, who keeps all that stuff ? Its kinda cool though. Is your house almost done with the renovations?

Pnut YES, I have tired days and days where I'm so full of energy I can't stand myself. I seem to have more tired then energy days LOL, I think thats age though. I seem to get really tired 1 week before TOM and then the day of TOM. After that I'm okay unless I'm coming down with something. COOL on the piano, I think thats wonderful that you taught yourself. And I'm really glad to hear that things are looking up for you with your weight... or is that down? lolol. Have a good time tonight.

Cathy, hope you had a fun day with your neice. I took my Mom to BJ's, its like a Costco's. She needed a bunch of stuff and I got a few things like laundry soap, shampoo, dish detergent, bread, pnuts, bologna, and yogurt

I'm going to read up a bit and then get dressed in my jamies.....yes its only 5:30.... why wait for good thing eh~

Have a good evening.
Old 03-25-2006, 08:10 PM   #7  

Hey everybody!

((((((((((((Joanne))))))))))

I love weekends too PNB

How is everyone?

I am studying.........and a bit of house work.

L

Last edited by liz321; 03-25-2006 at 10:42 PM.
liz321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2006, 11:36 PM   #8  
Hot Mama

Well, I had a great day. Felt SO good. I cleaned and cleaned. Then my DD has a friend over to spend the night. She is 13. My youngest son, 7, has a crush on her. She said she would go on a little date with him. So he set up a table in the living room, with flowers and everything. He got all dressed up, even had a little rose in his buttonhole. He looked so adorable. They sat down and had a soda, then she had enough. SO I stepped in, and had a date with my son. We had dinner, then danced, and finally watched a show together. I love those special moments. Those times you never forget, and make all the crappy times worth it. Now all I have to do is deal with my husband when he calls tonight.

Talk to you all later!
Marciet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2006, 06:20 AM   #9  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Good Morning

I've been awake since 5 AM.... don't ask LOL.

Nothing planned for today, sosdd!!

Liz

Awww Marcie, thats sounds sooooooooooo nice, your son is so cute !!!! Yes, those times do make up for the crapier ones. Absorb as much of it as you can.

How's everyone today?

B-?
L-?
D-?
Water (better than yesterday lol)
Old 03-26-2006, 09:16 AM   #10  

Just stopping in for a sec to say good morning! BBB! Going to look at more flooring!
Tippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2006, 11:42 AM   #11  

Tippy what you planning on? Tiles, lino, laminate, hardwood?

Cathy I was so glad you found your lens byw

Hey Leens!

Hi everyone!

L
liz321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2006, 01:56 PM   #12  

AAARRRRGHHHHHHH!!!!! It's Sunday morning and I'm feeling the damage from Saturday night!!!

It started out as a good "jenny craig day". THen my friends came over and we cooked a pizza together (and I promised myself I'd only have ONE slice). I had one slice, then they made panna cotta (400 cal/dessert). I ate half of that, then felt guilty...then somehow lost control and ate two more slices of pizza and a chocolate bar. I'm trying not to feel bad about it...and I don't want to categorize it as a binge...because it's not, right? I mean, a binge means mindless stuffing of the face with unhealthy junk bags/boxes at a time...doesn't it?
This just means alot to me because I've been 'binge free' for over 3 weeks now...and I don't want to fall back into the category of binge-eater.

So opinions on yesterday?

B: pesto pizza (280)
L: cereal (150)
S: cup strawberries (50)
D: 3 slices pizza [topped with meatballs and three cheeses] (~1100), one dark chocolate bar (250)

And I only did 2 miles...so that's barely 20 min of exercise.

*sigh* i don't wanna let yesterday ruin my day...but it is...I woke up early in the morning to check the mirror, lifted up my shirt...and I literally saw the damage. I drank tea like mad, hoping to flush it out..but it didn't work. Then coffee - didn't work. Can't work out, because my friends are asleep in my living room as I speak. And mentally, I'm calculating the number of hours of workouts I'll have to fit in before Wednesday (my weigh-in day). 15 hours! I know I'm being compulsive...but it's taking over my mind!!!

As for breakfast today, I've already had it:
B: Chicken stuffed sandwich (290)
Peanut_butter is offline   Reply With Quote