WW Food and Point Issues ...other than recipes

Closed Thread

Old 07-30-2001, 01:55 PM   #1  

Default points for cheese soup

I just made the cheese soup recipie with the broccoli, cauliflower,carrots, rotel tomatoes and it was so good but I am not sure on the points per cup. Does anyone have the points for it. It seems to me it was one or two points per cup but as I scribbled it on a post-a-note I never wrote down the points. (or the name! ) but I think I got it on this site. Can anyone help? Thanks
Old 07-30-2001, 02:11 PM   #2  
imaleader

Default Ingredients

You can always figure out the points if you know the quantities of ingredients. Add up what you've put in, and divide by the number of servings,

Old 07-31-2001, 09:06 AM   #3  

Default points for cheese soup

Thanks, Imaleader, that's what I normally do but I threw away the light Velvetta package so I don't know the nutritional info. That's all I need as the rest of the ing. are broth and veggies. I suppose I could guess and check it out next time I buy it but I thought someone could help me out.
Old 07-31-2001, 10:20 AM   #4  
imaleader

Well, you could also rev up your internet skills and go to kraft.com for the velveeta nutritional info! that's what I always do... (By the way, the soup sounds delicious. What's the recipe?)

Old 07-31-2001, 10:39 AM   #5  
Happy Member

The recipe I got for that soup was 1 cup=1 point. Delicious, eh??
Old 07-31-2001, 10:48 AM   #6  
Happy Member

Cheese Soup

one cup=one point

10 ounces of Velveeta Lite, cut it up into cubes
2 pounds of frozen mixed vegetables (any kind, but most I've seen do the broccoli/cauliflower mix)
1 can Rotel tomatoes (you choose level of spiciness)
3 to 4 cups of fat free chicken broth (I've also seen 3-4 "cans")

Heat until the cheese melts and vegetables are done. This stuff is filling and GREAT!!
(when it's done it doesn't look as good as it tastes!!)

Ally
Old 08-01-2001, 05:28 PM   #7  

Default Cheese soup

Ally-Oop has the recipie right. I used 6 cups water and 6 vegetable boullion cubes as I am a vegetarian. It is delicious! Thanks to all who helped me.I think I'll have one more cup.
Old 08-01-2001, 08:14 PM   #8  

Ok, this sounds very tasty! I will be making this very soon!
Old 08-02-2001, 03:42 PM   #9  

Wink What do ya think about...

what do ya think about topping a cup (3 pts) of white rice with this yummy soup? How about a potatoe topper? Yummmm! Just thinking.
Old 08-04-2001, 09:32 AM   #10  
Sis

S/C/G: 306highest/281/265.5/180

Height: 5' 5"

I made this soup a couple days ago. I love it! And you are right Lovinlife it IS good with potatoes! I tried it with a bit of mashed potatoes since we werent having baked and it tasted very good!
I didn't think of rice but I'll try that too. Thanks for the suggestion. If you haven't tried it give it a try. Its great......Sis
Closed Thread