Old 03-24-2006, 05:46 AM   #1  

Default Treat Week!

A few days ago I got my hair cut in a fancy salon. It went from very long to shoulder length with an actual style!

Since then I have noticed people, especially men, reacting to me differently - in a much more friendly and dare I say flirty manner!

Why am I telling you this? Well I haven't suddenly lost 100 pounds. I have given myself a treat and the change in my looks or the resulting rise in confidence has changed how people react to me.

So don't wait until you are 'normal' size. Lets make this official treat week! What are you going to do to treat yourself just for being good ole fabulous you?
coley144 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2006, 09:30 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 180/130/130

Height: 5'5

that's a wonderful idea!

i'm going to buy a new pair of dressy boots It's kind of a necessity, as the heel of my old ones broke off but c'mon, shoe shopping is always a treat!!
just_a_dreamy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2006, 10:52 AM   #3  
Downsizing Dee!

I like this idea too! I think this weekend I'm going to head out and have a pedicure. With the warmer weather starting to arrive, I can't wait to get back into my sandals again. Enjoy your pampering everyone!

~Dee
newfiedarling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2006, 12:51 PM   #4  

Quote:
Originally Posted by newfiedarling
I like this idea too! I think this weekend I'm going to head out and have a pedicure. With the warmer weather starting to arrive, I can't wait to get back into my sandals again. Enjoy your pampering everyone!

~Dee
I do things almost every day where I have to take my shoes off (play therapy with kids, physical therapy lab practice sessions) and I've noticed that I feel pretty now that I've made a point of keeping my toes painted. The kids even notice! I go to a place around the corner that paints flowers on for me, and the kids notice my "pretty toes". It's a little thing, but having pretty toes all the time is fantastic.
mousie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2006, 01:18 PM   #5  
Long Time Member

Height: 5'6

My manicure is scheduled for noon on Saturday!! I am also a huge fan of pretty feet. My toenails are almost always painted!
Sandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2006, 01:47 PM   #6  

Cool...congrats on the new sexy hairdo!!!!!! Well....I took a long hot bath lastnight and I'm counting that as my "treat" for now. I am working all weekend...and when I'm done with my stretch, it will be 7 out of 8 days worked..ugggghh. The hospital is soooooo busy right now too...everyone is sick!!!! I think next week after my stretch..I may go and get my hair colored and cut...it really needs it and it will be the perfect treat!
roundRN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2006, 03:09 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 304/289/160

Height: 5'5"

I had my treat week, last week. I did the same thing. I had already started to wear my smaller jeans so I wanted something more to make me feel better. I went and did the mani/pedi and then got my hair done. It's felt so good this week getting compliments on them (I'm learning how to accept them). Have a wonderful weekend everyone.
citycowgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2006, 10:49 PM   #8  
Losin' it forever!

I got a perm yesterday so that is my treat. I love a bunch of curl when the weather warms up! Now, if it would only warm up!
LakeGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2006, 01:21 AM   #9  
Made in England!

S/C/G: 260/260/169

Height: 5' 4"

Enjoy your treats, everyone!

My big treat comes in two weeks when I get to see my sister.
I'm a little excited.
I guess I can wait a fortnight....
DishyFishy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2006, 01:02 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 412/TICKER/175

Well, It's been planned for a while, but next Saturday, I'm going to a concert in Chicago! AND! My size 20's fit for the concert! Very very happy about that! I bought hair dye & makeup for it, so I guess that's my "treat".
kayleystar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2006, 02:17 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 180/130/130

kayley...
wow, the concert's finally just around the corner. I know you've been looking forward to it for a long time - have tons of fun, and congratulations on everything! You've come SO far so fast.
just_a_dreamy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2006, 04:31 PM   #12  
Masterpiece in progress

S/C/G: 279/206/167

Height: 5'8"

Cool shoes.... and clothes

I would by shoes. All my wide feet can fit in are sneakers, If I lost enough to fit into shoes even if I only loose have of the weight, I would go get some shoes, and I will probably be buying clothes for size drops. Just going from a 22 to an 18 is going to feel more than great to me.
hellokitty81668 is offline   Reply With Quote