Closed Thread

Old 03-23-2006, 09:09 AM   #1  
Amy

S/C/G: 233/188/155

Height: 5'6"

Default 1pt muffin fact or fiction

I keep learning of the "1 point" muffins using a cake mix and a can of pumpkin. Only problem is, when I use the points finder on cake mix alone, it is 2 points for 1/24 of the mix. Anyone know if there is a cake mix out there for 1 point per serving???? Please advise. --Amy
Old 03-23-2006, 06:57 PM   #2  

I came up with the same 2 points for 1/24. I think mine even may have worked out to 3 points by the time I divided it by 12 instead of 24. It's the same with the famous pineapple angel food cake. Plain angel food cake is the same or less points than if you make it without pineapple.

If you do find the "1 point" muffin let us know . I did have a 1 point PB cookie recipe. It didn't have any flour in it, very easy to make, but to get it to be 1 point it had to be 1 tsp, which baked up to be between the size of a quarter and a 50 cent peice. They were yummy though
Old 03-23-2006, 10:37 PM   #3  
Cowboy Up Chick

If you can get 36 cupcakes/muffins it does work out to 1 point muffins. Also most of the 1 point (24 yield) muffins were made with the reduced fat cake mixes but they no longer make them.
Old 03-24-2006, 08:55 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 157/140/135

Height: 5'4"

Default I hate when they stop making products I like

SnackWells had a chocolate mint cookie, similar to the Girl Scout ones, and then suddenly they were gone. I wrote to them, and their reply was something about "low consumer demand." When low carb became the thing, many of my favorite low-fat or fat-free products disappeared off the shelves. I still swear by low fat diets; they have worked for me for many years. I think medical research will prove them to be the best ones, in the end.
Closed Thread