UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Old 03-23-2006, 07:57 AM   #1  

Default Any book recs?

Hi

Not to be morbid but can anyone recommend a book by a cancer victim/survivor?

No morbid reason but someone in our book club is going on a run for cancer and thought we should read a suitable book. Great.

It shouldn't be a medical self help book but more of a person's life.

The only one I have read and I think is not printed anymore was Life Wish by Jill Ireland - wife of Charles Bronson. That was actually a really good book.
peacock 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2006, 08:02 AM   #2  

Forgot to mention not that Gloria Hunniford and her equally awful daughter thing. Sorry - cannot stand them.
peacock 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2006, 08:55 AM   #3  

First to come to mind John Diamond's (Nigella Lawson's late husband) book C: Because Cowards Get Cancer Too.
veggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2006, 09:05 AM   #4  

What about what his name's book....um...er...Lance Armstrong It's Not about the Bike. I've not read it, but I keep meaning too.
kykaree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2006, 09:49 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 211/211/140

Height: 5'4"

Definitely the John Dimond one - he published two that I know of, the onev veggie mentioned is the one to try -not the one called something like "Snake Oil"
I followed his and Nigellas journey on TV while he was being treated and it was very moving and poignant, but also he kept his sense of humour.
Artemis__ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2006, 11:23 AM   #6  
Heather/Caterpillar

I have a friend that wrote one...will have to dig out his web address...hang on...Here it is
He was a teenager when he was diagnosed, like I was. Watch this space too because some friends of mine from Christie Hospital Young Oncology Unit and myself, are putting together a book of artwork, stories, poems, anything really, done by teenagers and young people who have, or have had cancer. Should be really cool!!!
Heather
Heva2015 is offline   Reply With Quote