Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 03-22-2006, 05:09 PM   #1  
Beth

S/C/G: 200/147/130

Thumbs down Need Help-2 diet week

Hello, I am going on my second week of my diet and feel like I did pretty good. I started going back to the gym yesterday and will be going on tue and thur and that is a good thing for me. But here is my problem I feel like I am starting to lose motavation to stay on this diet. I need to lose 20 pounds first and then my next goal is another 20 for a total of 20 but short goal for me are better. I have a sticky on my computer becuase that is where I am at all day long that has my first 20 pound goal weight on it. But today I just seem so hungrey and want to go out and get some junk food. I did something bad at lunch and got a cookie, vegan cookie it was good and went with the oatmeal cookie instead of the cho chip cookie so at least a better desc i think there but I need help with keep going.

To tell you the truth I find that the weekends I do better, I stay more busy doing stuff outside and do not feel as hungrey.
azul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2006, 05:16 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 198 (HW) 183 (SW) / 180 / 150

Maybe just take it one day at a time. Plan out tomorrow, get through it, do it again for the next day. Pretty soon it will be a month and anything you do for more than 30 days becomes a habbit
Sassy8877 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2006, 05:27 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 196/160/125

Height: 5'5"

you can do it. we have faith in you, now you just have to have faith in yourself. don't beat yourself up over a cookie. I don't. i ate at least one cookie a day and still managed to lose weight. and i had icecream alot too. i just limited myself to how much i could have. but i have sworn off sweets until next month for my birthday. i will try not to eat any cookies, ice cream or cakes until april 28th. i bought myself another box of girlscout cookies and put them in the fridge. i told my kids they were not to open them. they are for me and i can not open them until april 28th. it's a little experiment for myself. to see if i will lose weight any faster by not eating any junk food for a whole month!

anyways, just do like they said. try to plan in snack or a meal every 2 hours. that's what i do. i have breakfast at 8:30 and then if i need a snack before lunch, i eat a snack at 10:30 or 11am, then it's lunch at 12:30 (after my walk at noon), then i plan an apple for around 3:30 to 4pm. then it is either off to the gym with an apple/bannana after the gym and dinner when i get home. or off to home and dinner when i get home.

you can do this. just believe in your self. oh, i also chew a peice of gum after lunch to satisfy my sweet tooth and keep my mouth busy until it is time for my snack. sometimes my mouth is bored and i eat for the wrong reason.
lumifan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2006, 06:01 PM   #4  
I'm bringin' SEXY back!!!

Height: 5'3 1/2

If you are hungry then perhaps you are not eating enough. I don't know what you typically eat during a day but that right there might be the key. I don't know about you but I don't want to stick to something if I feel deprived.

As far as motivation, you just have to accept that some days you simply won't feel motivated. Some days you won't want to exercise, you will want to eat the entire Entemanns cake and not just a slice, you'll want to bury yourself in a box of Krispy Kremes. That's when you have to be determined and committed even though the motivation is not there. A fantastic poster from here helped me to appreciate that. And having that thought in mind is what keeps me going on those days when I just don't feel like it.

And btw, a vegan cookie sounds a heck of lot better than the junk I probably would have eaten.
teahoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2006, 06:21 PM   #5  
Sweet Success

Just keep fighting the junk food cravings. Go for a walk, come to 3FC let us know about your day, get a diet buddy you can email with, talk to a trusted someone that gets excited about your success You said you were two weeks into this and in my opinion it take about 4 weeks to really get a good control over the cravings for junk food and do not beat your self up over a cookie. You had one cookie. To me that is great moderation if you only had one cookie. I trusted you ate it slow and enjoyed it , you didn't eat it like cookie monster

My only best advice for hunger and we all go through it time to time having hunger spells. If everything else fails and you must stick something in your mouth, try for a small salad or a favorite fruit. Time to time I'll hit those moments where I get a hunger spell and I done everything I could do to solve it, took a walk, got into a project, drink a glass of water, instead of grabbing for some kind of junk food, I made up a small salad or just grab an apple and the hunger spell went away but at least I ate something for the good.
It just comes down to making a good choice.

I had found out for myself that certain apples tend to kick out my sweet tooth cravings and we can give all the thanks to Lena for starting the whole apple subject in the nutrition section. ( which was a good habit I learn from here)
FeistyRoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2006, 06:57 PM   #6  
sli
On A Mission

S/C/G: 209/135/130

Don't beat yourself up over one cookie, it happens to all of us.
My husband bought girl scout cookies (before I started the diet) and then they came in about 2 wks ago. It was driving me nuts to have one, its all I could think about. So I did and then I was fine I didn't want them anymore!
Just tell yourself tomorrow is a new day!
sli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2006, 10:10 AM   #7  
Beth

S/C/G: 200/147/130

Thank you ladies for you help and suggustions. It was not just a cookie it was a 19 g fat cookie, vegan cookies have more fat for some reason in them. Not sure why. However I did get a new cook book that has some fab low fat splenda vegan recp in it but that will not get here until next week. I am so bad with the scale that I get on it twice a day, yep that is right twice a day. I was so upset at myself yesterday. But today is a new day.

I know I need to take it one day at a time. But it is so so hard. FOr those who have been on it for a long time I get you a hugh I am going to be going and makeing me a bracelet like some one mentioned to me.

I am drinking about 10 to 12 glasses of water a day but do not want to drink to much more becuase it was throw off my electrolights (sp).

Today I am going to the gym and will add some extra time to my machine.

Thank you again ladies and gents I knew I could count of your help
azul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2006, 10:42 AM   #8  
future triathlete

S/C/G: 187.5/148.5/129

Height: 5'2"

Giving yourself a treat now and then isn't a bad idea - you're far less likely to want to go on a binge and drop the diet altogether if you give in to your cravings sometimes - the key is to only do it sometimes. I actually have 2 scheduled times per week wheni get treats - Thursday dinners at my dad's are "free" nights (I don't worry about what they're serving, but i still watch my portion control), and Sundays after I weigh myself I get a treat - nothing huge, but something like a Cadbury Thin or a cookie. So far this has helped keep my eating under control. So don't get mad at yourself for giving in, just don't make a habit of it. Maybe make a rule for yourself that if you crave something sweet, you have to eat an apple first, and if the craving's still there 20 minutes later, then give yourself a treat - you deserve it!
And remember that your weight can fluctuate a couple of pounds per day - I think it's important to set specific days when you record your weight, and weigh yourself at the same time on those days, otherwise it's hard to see the big differences. I know I'd rather see 2 pounds in a week than watch my weight go up and down every day.
sierra_ttw is offline   Reply With Quote