Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 03-22-2006, 02:11 PM   #1  
Work it out.

Angry Lunchtime dissaster.

Okay I need help and support fast, because I feel horrible.

For breakfast I had some Cheerios with I% milk. Later on I ate a kiwi, then after that I drank some green tea. For Lunch which was about 30 minutes ago I decided to cook some brown rice and my mother brought some Chinese food from a party at her job. It was shrimp with vegetables and it was soaked in some heavy sauce. I made the rice and then decided to heat up the shrimp and vegetables, and just picked out the broccoli, cucumbers, carrots, peppers, and I had like 7 baby shrimps. The vegetables had sauce in it so I didn't want to add more sauce on the rice, so I just ate it liked that. It was so good, but now I feel horrible, because I know it was so fattening. I'm going to exercise again, because I feel horrible. My weigh in is on Sunday so I hope this doesn't ruin anything.
motivation86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2006, 02:16 PM   #2  
Strong on the inside

S/C/G: 197/197/145 HW: 233

Height: 5'4"

It sounds like you didn't do anything all that terrible. You had brown rice instead of white, and you picked out the good stuff from the Shrimp and vegetables... So, it sounds like the meal might be a bit high in carbs (due to the rice and the veggies), but it doesn't sound like it'll be all that bad for you. If you do gain a little from it, it's probably just water weight due to all the sodium often found in Chinese food. Don't beat yourself up over it... there are a lot of worse decisions that you could have made for lunch!
aerotigergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2006, 02:24 PM   #3  
Starting Fresh

Height: 5'2"

Doesn't sound all that bad to me. And if you feel really bad about it - go for a walk - I know that always makes me feel better after I ate something I shouldn't have. Or just eat less at dinner; have a nice salad.
sotypical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2006, 02:34 PM   #4  
Nancy

S/C/G: 353/T/168

Height: 5'3"

That doesn't sound like a disaster to me either. You might retain a bit of water from the sodium for a day or two, but if you didn't eat too much of the sauce it actually sounds like a decent lunch. From the topic I was expecting that you ate half a pizza or something. Cheer up - you could have done a whole lot worse!
NotTheCheat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2006, 02:37 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 198 (HW) 183 (SW) / 180 / 150

Agreed I thought it was going to be I consumed all the junk food in my house, instead it actually sounded like a good meal. Agree on the either eat light tonight (salad) idea or doing some exercise to burn off those extra carbs. Either way - don't beat yourself up ... that isn't good. Just move forward, it is a new minute, new hour, new day ... always a chance to do better
Sassy8877 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2006, 02:47 PM   #6  
DIVA

It sounds like you are still within your calorie range for the day as long as you make good decisions for the rest of the day. Make sure you drink extra water because of the sodium but brown rice and vegatables are good carbs and the shrimp is high in protein.

Don't be so hard on yourself. You had some will power - I probably would have eaten the entire dish!
Curves4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2006, 03:15 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 190/140/135

Height: 5'7"

Good healthy lunch and breakfast (breakfast could have been more filling and substantial for me, because cold cereal makes me ravenous less than an hour later). Brown rice, shrimp and vegetables - all good. You are fine, completely fine, trust yourself more.
Glory87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2006, 03:27 PM   #8  
Work it out.

Now I feel stupid I was just doing so well this week, so after I ate this. I felt horrible. GRRRRRRRR at the possible water weight gain. I really hope not. I did exercise so I feel a little better, and definitely a lighter dinner for me. Thanks for all the advice.
motivation86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2006, 04:26 PM   #9  
LLV

Quote:
Originally Posted by motivation86
Now I feel stupid I was just doing so well this week, so after I ate this. I felt horrible. GRRRRRRRR at the possible water weight gain. I really hope not. I did exercise so I feel a little better, and definitely a lighter dinner for me. Thanks for all the advice.
Let me tell ya somethin, sweetie.... you're going to have days where you feel bad for eating a certain food. You're going to have days where you DO eat a bad food. It's gonna happen. But the worst thing you can do is beat yourself up over it. I've lost 80 pounds with MANY "disaster" days. It's life. Expect them. This wasn't the first and it won't be the last. The best thing is to put it behind you and move on.

However, in this particular case, I have to agree with the others that this "disaster lunch" wasn't a disaster at all. Not only because you still ate healthy food (despite the sodium, but poop on that, high-sodium meals will happen too) but you exercised control. Chinese food is my weakness. I can dive into that stuff head first.

So instead of beating yourself up, be proud of yourself that you didn't dive in head first. You made a conscious decision to pick out only what you felt was healthy instead of scarfing the whole thing.

There are people everywhere that could only HOPE for that kind of self-control.

I think you did a great job
LLV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2006, 07:50 AM   #10  
I restore Teeth.

the sauce that they use to drench the veggies don't have that much fat. While sodium may be the one in excess here, you actually had a pretty good lunch!
veggielover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2006, 08:17 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

Empty boxes of Entenmen's cookies and bags of Fritos scattered all over your kitchen as post-gorge detritus... I was expecting a train wreck!

You've read it about 6 times before, but you did fine, great, excellent!!!

I ate 1/2 a piece of cheesecake yesterday... no, I CHOSE to eat 1/2 a piece of Cheesecake Factory cheesecake yesterday, with the whipped cream! Not my best day, but I made the choice, enjoyed it, logged it, and moved on. In fact, I'd do it again, someday. Sometimes life has to have cheesecake.

If you are going to freak out over yesterday, then you run the risk of full out failure if you have a "cheesecake" day. And if you do this for life, you will have a "cheesecake" day. A lot of us get into the trap of all-or-nothing thinking, and if we aren't perfect we feel like failures. What you did yesterday was not a failure, but a rousing success!

Celebrate your success, log it, and move on!! Congratulations!!!
Heather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2006, 08:26 AM   #12  

Height: 5'8.5"

LOL I agree with the others here... THAT was not a disaster at all! Boxes of Oreos, bags of Doritos, whole cheesecakes... THOSE are disasters! You are doing great so don't beat yourself up over this!!
Misti in Seattle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2006, 09:09 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 196/160/125

Height: 5'5"

okay, let me be the 100th person to tell you, you did fine. you picked out the veggies and shrimp (which are high in protein). good job. I wish i could have that control with chineese foods. but i LOVE chineese food. so when I eat it, i eat it. all of it!!!

good job. you did well and had a tasty meal. don't sweat the small stuff sweets!!
lumifan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote