Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 03-21-2006, 01:38 PM   #1  
The Beauty of Balance

S/C/G: 213/193~196/<195

Height: 5'7"

Default Warming Up

Inspired by the Coast to Coast Challenge I got off my behind today and walked on the treadmill. It has been a long time since I exercised.. so I hope I didn't overdo it.

In order for me to keep moving as I wait for Saturday (the start of the challenge), I am going to post my miles here and encourage anyone who is waiting for a challenge to start (or finish) to join me for a couple of days.

Today,.. so far 3.5 miles.

Changes?

I cleaned out the pantry of junk.. quite refreshing to throw out boxes and containers of "perfectly good" junk food.

Concentrating on drinking more water.
Taking that multivitamin and working more magnesium into my diet.
No coffee ..
I will treat myself to a glass of wine at each 25 mile mark. This might be the hardest change...
Jayde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2006, 05:54 PM   #2  

Great job! Throwing out all the junk food is a hard thing to do, but if it's not there, you can't snack on it. I know that I have no willpower at all when there's something like cookies in the house, so I don't buy any. Dh is pretty overweight, so I know he certainly doesn't need them any more than I do.

Congrats on what sounds like a great start! Keep it up!
hellcatjill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2006, 06:57 PM   #3  
Embracing My New Normal

S/C/G: 248/226/135

Wow, Jayde, 3.5 miles is fantastic!!! Well done! I'm really looking forward to our cross-country trek! Glad you're going to be part of it!
Less of Lena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2006, 11:36 AM   #4  
The Beauty of Balance

Thanks for the encouragement, Lena and Hellcat.

My husband raised an eyebrow when he saw the trash can full of leftover marshmallows, Chinese fortune cookies, and chocolate biscotti. But he didn't say anything... Lucky thing my son wasn't here or he might have done a trash dive. He doesn't usually eat the junk but every once in awhile wants something like that. He knows moderation... unlike his mother. My health has to trump his occasional indulgence....

Today I revved up the treadmill again. 3.1 miles at speed and incline intervals 2.2 - 3.4 mph and 1% - 6% grade. It is hard.. but it feels good to be moving again.

Especially feels good that when honey asks if I've exercised today.. I can honestly say that I have...

today's addition....
made steel cut oats.. plan to eat it for breakfast, in place of white rice at meals, and as a quick healthy snack..

What exercises are you into?
Old 03-23-2006, 11:33 AM   #5  
The Beauty of Balance

treadmill this morning at same intervals... 3.4 miles... just enough to add another happy face to my signature.. I really had to push the last half mile.. my legs feel so heavy. ummm... maybe that is because they ARE heavy..
Old 03-24-2006, 11:39 AM   #6  
The Beauty of Balance

3.2 miles this morning.. various intervals of speed and incline

I didn't think I could make it this morning... so I surprised myself again.
Looking forward to and dreading a day of rest at the same time.... strange isn't it.
Old 03-24-2006, 12:33 PM   #7  

Sounds like you're doing great so far! I used to hate the treadmill. I got bored on it so easily. Now I'm actually starting to enjoy it. It seems I burn more calories on it than any other machine, and I like that!
hellcatjill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2006, 02:49 PM   #8  
The Beauty of Balance

Hey Hellcat!

Yes, the treadmill is a lot of fun .. but I like to mix it up too..

I have a tampoline in my backyard... when I get just a little bit lighter I plan to jump on it a few times a week..

I also used to enjoy jump roping. Again.. I need to lighten the load for my knees and ankles first.

I added 1.8 more miles this afternoon.. at my regular speed and incline intervals. I was shooting for more than this so I could have a total of 18 miles for my personal challenge.. but I just couldn't do any more.. so I stuck it out the last 2 tenths of a mile to make 15.

I'll be ready for the Coast to Coast challenge tomorrow.