Closed Thread

Old 03-21-2006, 01:00 AM   #1  

Default Curves

I've heard mixed reviews about curves. I hate spending money on stuff like that especially when I have a perfectly good Gazelle at home (well in storage till we move) that I never use.

Anyone absolutely love them?
Old 03-21-2006, 02:22 AM   #2  
Angelina/Gerard is Love

S/C/G: 291.8/286.8/199

Height: 5'4 1/2

I do! It's great for when you're first starting out. After a while, it can get boring so I suggest you get month to month.
Old 03-21-2006, 08:52 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 157/140/135

Height: 5'4"

I tried Slim N Tone (I think that's the name), which is a similar circuit-training place. I did not find the camaraderie that Curves supposedly has, and I found it boring. I have not found a great exercise place to go to since Gloria Stevens closed down in the early 80s. If I had a lot of money, I'd open a place that had just exactly the formula they had. The staff was caring, the routines were fun, and their program really worked.
Old 03-21-2006, 11:37 AM   #4  
trishlovescurves

S/C/G: 188/181/155

I am a curves employee, and I believe we have one of the greatest curves anywhere!! Even if I didn't work here, I would be a member!! The members are wonderful, I am getting so fit, the insperation is tremendous, and even getting larger. We had a 6 week challenge that started Jan 9 06, by the end of the challenge, our biggest loser had lost 20.25 pounds, and 19.5 inches. And she is still losing! She is currently my insperation! She looks wonderful, and feels wonderful! Oh her starting weight was 189.5 and she is now down to 159 pounds. If any of you feel like you don't get the support you need where ever you work out just ask me. Just because you belong somewhere else, dosen't mean you can't get encouragement from me. Everyone at curves is family! Good luck on all your goals, and don't ever give up! Remember with the Curves diet, you won't have to diet the rest of your life to see results! Just stick to it until you reach your goal weight, and it will be sooo easy from there!
Old 03-21-2006, 11:43 AM   #5  
gotta lose it!

I just joined Curves about 3 weeks ago & I love it. I also have a gazelle, but it does not give me the strength training like Curves does. I joined when they were having a food drive, so my initial fee ($149) was waived because I brought in groceries. Now I have $29 automatically withdrawn from my checking account every month. Ask about specials...or if you know someone, ask them to get you a guest pass - you will have to fill out a health form, but then you can try it for free to see if you will like it.
Old 03-21-2006, 12:20 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 157/140/135

Height: 5'4"

Default There's one of the differences --

Slim & Tone did not weigh me or give me an eating plan at all. In fact, no one seemed to care if I showed up or not. They advertised that they had a personal trainer on staff to help, but she was never there on weekends or during the evening, so I couldn't use her services. I have joined a YMCA for my workouts now.
Old 03-22-2006, 11:28 AM   #7  
Gonna win the battle!!

S/C/G: 226/213/130

I also am a curves girl. I am liking it so far. I have been there almost a month. I like it because the staff is so helpfull and friendly! It is only 30 minutes so anyone can do it. You can go more than 3 days a week. Plus sometimes I find myself going around an extra time just because we were all talking and I forgot to stop. And you can do a light work out or work your A$$ off, its all up to you and how good you work the machines. So agian anyone can do it. I am so out of shape that it is the best start for me. I worry that after 6 months or so I will be in better shape and not get a good enough work out, but well see. I plan on joining another gym as well for my off days at curves because I like to mix it up. Good luck and what ever you choose will be fine as long as you move move move that body!
Old 03-22-2006, 09:49 PM   #8  

My friend has been wanting to try...I'm debating on whether to do that or to join the local community colleges gym which is like $35/mo but they don't help you unless you ask and they just have treadmills, bikes, etc. The gazelle can do what they do. Also the community center here has free aerobics classes so I may go do those.

Thanks for the input!
Old 03-24-2006, 02:55 PM   #9  
Coop class of '82

I really enjoy Curves. I even signed up for a year in advance. They do have an advanced workout for those that need it but I don't know what it's like since I'm not ready for it yet. I have definately noticed a difference in my strength, especially in my legs when getting up out of the car and such. I go three times a week and round it out with walking and (soon!) yard work.

Since you are a SAHM, it would be great to get out for a bit, but you won't have to leave the kid(s) with hubby for very long.
Old 03-24-2006, 06:10 PM   #10  
prc
Professional YoYo Dieter

I attribute my 100 pound Weight Loss to CURVES AND WEIGHT WATCHERS! I think it's a winning combination!

I started to gain some of my weight back when I stopped going to Curves!!!
Old 03-24-2006, 08:19 PM   #11  
Angelina/Gerard is Love

S/C/G: 291.8/286.8/199

Height: 5'4 1/2

Quote:
Originally Posted by prc
I attribute my 100 pound Weight Loss to CURVES AND WEIGHT WATCHERS! I think it's a winning combination
I hope so! That's what I'm doing!
Old 03-26-2006, 08:40 AM   #12  
Sis

S/C/G: 306highest/281/265.5/180

Height: 5' 5"

I just joined curves about 3 wks ago. I LOVE it! I am also trying to do curves and do WW at home. I lost almost 100 lbs on WW but now I need more. I think WW is the best weightloss program for me but I need the activity too. Good luck all... Sis
Closed Thread