Closed Thread

Old 03-20-2006, 04:52 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 217.8 / 172 / 140

Default Anyone else with a roommate...

Anyone else with a roommate or husband, or friend, or sig. other or SOMEONE else in their life have this problem? i like food. i DO journal my food and i TRY to eat the healthiest that i can...but there are times, like literally right this second...lol. but for example, i've already eaten my breakfast AND my lunch and a snack today and i'm ALMOST ready for dinner (it's 4:40 p.m. - i had breakfast at 10 a.m. and lunch at 1 p.m.)

I DO eat about every 4 hours. my (skinny) roommate, however, eats MAYBE twice a day. IF that. and when she DOES eat it's all fatty foods that i'd KILL to eat with her. but i almost feel "embarrased" to eat the 4 - 5 times a day that I do just because she ONLY eats 2 MAYBE 3 times a day.

I dunno. I just wish my appetite wasn't always "on" so to say. ya know? and what DOESN'T help is that i'm a BORED eater. and, for example, today is my day off (i work tue - sat) so on mondays - when my WW meeting is at 9:30 in the morning - i've done laundry and worked on my WW book (i always keep a book and it's time for a new on)...but there really ISN'T anything for me to do because i have NO money to go out and do anything - and i'm going to the gym here in a little bit...but honestly other than that i'm sitting here at home BORED.

I just WISH that i could be that kind of person that "forgot" to eat because i was so "busy"..etc...lol or ONLY want to eat once or twice a day - but no - i eat every 4 hours. i do. sometimes i just wish i could be more like "them" and ONLY eat twice or three times a day instead of the 4 to 6 times that i do.

anyone else understand what i'm talking about?
Old 03-20-2006, 04:58 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 157/140/135

Height: 5'4"

Default Not only do I love to eat --

but I love to cook as well, and my husband loves to eat my cooking. I am the opposite of bored - I do taxes as a major part of my job, and I am overwhelmed with work right now, making me feel my hunger even more acutely. I don't have much to lose and my points allowable are on the low side, and it's tough to stretch them out throughout the day and still save enough for a decent dinner. I am so exhausted from looking at numbers and a computer all day that exercise is the furthest thing from my mind -- after dinner, all I want to do is sleep. I can't wait for April 19!!!!
Old 03-20-2006, 05:04 PM   #3  
Fat-be-gone

Oh yes!!! My boyfriend eats so much and not the healthiest food either. And he's so small. He's getting the tiniest hint of a belly but after 3-4 weeks of working out his stomach will be flat once again. Damn men!! lol

It's something that we, as overweight adults, have to understand. We can't eat like everybody else. As much as we want to, we just can't. I think you're doing great eating 4 meals a day. That's healthy. Your roomate may be skinny, but if she is eating fatty foods she probably isn't very healthy.

I too am a bored eater. I think in another thread someone mentioned taking up a hobby or just keep yourself busy and you won't think about food too much.

Just wanted to let you know that you aren't alone and it's okay to eat as many meals a day as you want, just as long as it works for you.
Old 03-20-2006, 07:14 PM   #4  

i eat out of boredom too and the weekends are the worst. if i'm at home alone i need to be careful not to snack all day. a good hobby to take up is knitting. it keeps my mind & fingers occupied... it's hard to drop the needles and head for the kitchen to snack.
Old 03-20-2006, 10:42 PM   #5  

I eat 6-7 times a day. This is actually much healthier than eating 2-3 times a day, even if your roommate was eating healthy instead of fatty food. Never ever feel bad about the frequency you eat. Just focus on yourself, know you're doing what's right for your body. You can't change others, and would you really be happy eating just as your roommate does? My fiance eats bacon every morning and it never shows on him, but I would not feel good eating like he does. I'd just feel gross and sick! So really.... remember everyone is different.
Old 03-21-2006, 12:50 AM   #6  

Not a roommate...well he is a roommate...but my husband.

He has a great metabolism, can eat whatever he wants and NEVER gains weight. He loves McDonalds and tries to be helpful but we always end up cheating by getting ice cream or eating out...whatever. When I start WW again I'm MAKING him stick to it too...it can't hurt to eat healthy.
Old 03-22-2006, 04:07 PM   #7  

go to the library and check out a book, go out the front door and take a walk, watch a movie (libraries have those too), dance in your room with some music on, vaccum, reorganize your drawers, file your nails, write in a journal (do you have a livejournal, those can be fun if you like forums) organize your shoes, clean under the bed, do the dishes.

seriously, not all of those things sound fun, but at least it is something to do! im sure if you sat and thought about it, you could come up with your own.
Closed Thread