Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 03-19-2006, 09:37 PM   #1  
Losing for Life!

Default Losing For April Fools! Week13, March 20,06

WELCOME!

Losing for April Fools
Challenge Group!

We are a group of determined people who have set a goal to reach within the next 12 days (2 weeks).

Everyone is welcome to join in at anytime during the challenge. All you need to do is set a goal for yourself. It can be weight loss, exercise, or maintenance; whatever it is you need support and motivation for.

We are all here working hard to stay strong and motivated and supporting each other is the best way to do this. Come as often as you can, post as much as you can and make 2006 the year of health and happiness for you!

We will post a new thread each Monday.

It is a documented fact that people who set goals are the most successful. Goals give you long-term vision and short-term motivation. By setting sharp, clearly defined goals, you can measure and take pride in the achievement of those goals. You can see forward progress in what might previously have seemed a long pointless grind. By setting goals, you will also raise your self-confidence, as you recognize your ability and competence in achieving the goals that you have set.
(From Mind tools)

"Set your goals high enough to inspire you and low enough to encourage you.” Anonymous
Sheri~C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2006, 09:52 PM   #2  
Losing for Life!

Down to our last two week now everybody. It's time to put in a little extra effort and go for the Gold!

With spring coming today it is very important that we get ourselves as healthy and fit as we can so we can enjoy all the fun activities that the warm weather will bring us.

I am planning on digging out my bike and getting it ready to put on the road. What plans do you have for this spring now that you are feeling and looking great?

I know we are feeling and looking great because we have lost a huge amount of weight in this group a whopping 312 pounds!

Way to go everyone!

Let's keep moving and losing and get healthy!
Sheri~C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2006, 10:15 PM   #3  

Hi! I would really like to try and lose 8 pounds in these 2 weeks! I just need to keep up my exercising and stop eating so many sweets. I hope I can do it.

Last edited by shopgirl_alana; 03-19-2006 at 10:25 PM.
shopgirl_alana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2006, 08:48 AM   #4  
Working on Hot!

S/C/G: 242/225/175

WOW 312 pounds!!!! We are going strong!!!!!

Keep up the good work ladies!!!!!!
la3y_un1c0rn_37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2006, 03:48 PM   #5  
Have U had your WATER yet

S/C/G: 172 / 159 / 145

Height: 5 '1.5"

WOW!!!! Good going everyone ...... We have got htis weight loss thing down.......literally Just wanna wish everyone a happy spring day have a good one and we can meet our goals by the 1st. Let's stay positive
jelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2006, 04:07 PM   #6  
I'm bringin' SEXY back!!!

Height: 5'3 1/2

Great job everyone. We are all doing great.
teahoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2006, 09:49 AM   #7  
Starbucks Addict!

Height: 5'4

Wow thats alot of weight!!!! YAY!!

I weighed in today and stayed the same. I figured that. I lost 7 lbs last week!!! Not sure why, not complining, so didnt lose today. Its ok~ I feel so much better about myself and im wearing clothes that I couldnt before!!!

Hope everyone has a great day. Its rainy here today It was so nice yesterday, I worked in my garden all day! I planted a bunch of stuff! Today is my sons first baseball practice of the year, and I sure hope it doesnt start pouring, because hes been waiting patiently since Jan when I signed him up lol
purplecrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2006, 10:19 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 230/218/145

I have lost 8 pounds since I joined here in February. Only 2 more pounds to go, and I will have met my Apr 1 goal. I am so proud of me and all of us!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Way to go everyone!
vaughnc5920 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2006, 11:06 AM   #9  
repeat offender

S/C/G: 178/167/105

Height: 5' 3"

Talking Positive Attitude

Although when I started this challenge, I thought April 1st would give me plenty of time to reach my goal. But now I realized how naive I was. I lost pretty fast in the beginning which only adds to my inability to loose the last 8lbs now. But I am keeping a positive attitude and hope to loose some before April 1st.
Miaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2006, 12:04 PM   #10  

Morning gals,

Miaka- Girl look how far you have come. You still have time. But if you don't make it no worries you done the best you can. And I bet you are feeling great.Don't give up....

Well, wish everyone will have a good one
Old 03-21-2006, 01:38 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 198 (HW) 183 (SW) / 180 / 150

Just wanted to say I that I am going to pull out of this group - not because of anything bad, just because I joined late and didn't set a reasonable goal for myself. So here is to wishing you all great success!!
Sassy8877 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2006, 04:07 PM   #12  
Working on Hot!

S/C/G: 242/225/175

Sassy there is no need for you to leave just because you think you will not make your goal!!!!! I knew I would not make mine so I changed it.....I am still posting and still working on a goal.....You stay with us and see where you get to......Just to see how far you can get....
la3y_un1c0rn_37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2006, 08:21 PM   #13  
bigmamatita

I lost another 2.6 lbs my goal is becoming more of a reality. I started wearing size 14 jeans now I'm wearing size 8!!!!
bigmamatita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2006, 09:59 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 184/C/145

good job everyone!
I weighed in last night and lost .8 hmmm...I find it is really getting hard! I believe I can reach my goal for April 1st. I feel I am half way there in my weight loss journey. I have lost 22lbs, and I have 21 more to go, I feel that in another 3 months I will be where I want to be. I always tell myself If I start now in a few months I will be really happy and satisified with myself, and I realized how happy I was last night to have done this for myself. Loosing weight and being able to fit into a certain size is just a small piece of the reward, the bigger part is the satisfaction you feel in your own skin. I told my mom last night I have over 20lbs gone, and I am still a big girl, how big was I before...lol...
anyways good luck this week!
Jenn
jenn_mullett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2006, 11:08 AM   #15  

Morning ladies

Big mamatita and Jenn_mullet - You girls are doing awesome

SASSY- You can do that(quit). I agree with La3y, Just cuase you think you won't meet your goal doesn't mean you gotta quit. We still have time and just push yourself a little harder. I know I won't make my goal but I'm not stopping cause I know I am giving my all. "THE ONLY WAY TO FAIL IS TO QUIT" So forget what you wrote and stay POSITIVE

Well, hope ya'll having a good one