Closed Thread

Old 03-19-2006, 07:50 AM   #1  

Default Welcome To Spring!!!!! Week of March 19th

I lOVE SPRING!!!!!!!

Let me welcome back Maggie!!!!!!! Your first reason in last week's thread cracked me up!!! How I have missed you!

Elana-How are you feeling? Hopfully you aren't feeling so overwhelmed and now are feeling more in control!

How was St. Patricks' Day for everyone? Ours was fun. Nothing special. But Fun.

Yesterday we celebrated my granmother's 75th birthday. My sister and I planned a HUGE brunch for her with all her friends and family. My sister came from NC. My Aunt's (my grandfather's sisters) came from Michigan. They canceled thier big St Pat's party to be there (they take St Pat's VERY serisouly!!!!, thier father I think came from Ireland). I absoultly adore these woman and soak up every chance I get to spend with them. Even in thier 60s and 70s they are all about girl power and build stuff and remodel thier home thier selves, run an art school. My Aunt painted teh most beautiful painting for my Grandmother. I wish I had just an ounce of thier talent. Anyway, the day was so wonderful and my Gramma was very surprised. It was well worth teh months of planning and time and stress trying to pull it off.

I did ok on food, not great but ok, I am pleased with my choices. Plus anything ahs to be better than the binge I was on the two previous weeks.

Well Tomarrow is the first day of Spring. Not that we won't have snow here for another month, but it's going to be getting better.

Have a wonderful week Ladies!!!!!!!!
Old 03-19-2006, 08:06 AM   #2  

Ditto....HAPPY SPRING EVERYONE! I think that the smell and sight of spring is just what we all need! What natural motivation! (Hopefully!)

Well, I HAVE NOT been to the gym since last Monday! I HAVE NOT been eating correctly! I HAVE NOT been doing anything!!!!!! LAZY!!!! I HAVE to get back on track asap!

Misty - I was glad to hear your Grandma's birthday bash went so nicely! I know how hard you have been working to get things ready!

Well gotta run. Sunday School! Have a great Sunday everyone! And a great week too! Stay strong!
Old 03-19-2006, 01:34 PM   #3  

Hi, ladies! I got back from vacation last night. We went to Las Vegas and the Grand Canyon. We had a blast! I ate a ton but also walked a lot, and my scale says that I'm only up a pound. Yippee!!

Maggieshines--I'm so glad to have you back!!

Jeanne--this week is a new week. You can do it!

Misty--it sounds like you had a great time at the party. Those women sound amazing.

Take care!
Old 03-19-2006, 04:25 PM   #4  

I just read through some of the posts that I missed and have a couple comments.

Elana--I'm also doing the self challenge. I'm on my 4th week, although I took last week off since I was on vacation.

Welcome, shannon!
Old 03-19-2006, 07:56 PM   #5  

Hi Ladies. I gained around 4 lbs. I am still working out, but, I went back to drinking regular coke instead of diet. It is really my downfall. I am try to get back on track Monday. I hope that everyone is doing well. Best wishes to everyone this week!
Old 03-20-2006, 02:41 AM   #6  
Jen

Height: 5'3"

Hi all. I am a buddy of Misty's from another group but it kind of dwindled down to just me and Misty chatting back and forth so we both of kind of gave up on it and I told her I'd see her over here once in awhile. So I hope ya'll don't mind if I pop my head in once in awhile to say hi. I post normally over in the 100 lbs club and I also journal here as well.

Misty - glad to hear that the party went so well, sounds like it was a lot of fun. How is the new job going?
Old 03-20-2006, 07:05 AM   #7  

Good Morning!!!!!!

Steph-Glad to hear you are back and all went well. One pound while on vacation isn't horrible at all. I know I'd certainly be happy with it! Great Job!!!

Jeanne-Did you get back to the gym yet? You were doing so wel!!!!!! You can do it, it's hard after you have been away a day or two, but you can do it!

Fost-Don't sweat the 4 pounds, I am up around 11 or 12 from my lowest since I started WW again in July. We'll both get there!!!!!!!!

Jen-Great to "see" you!!!!! Things with the new job are going great. My day is much longer but WAY WAY less stressful. The kids are good buddies and rarley fight. I can't wait to get them outside though!!!!!!

Ok running late. I gave my self until 7 to type and it's 7:03 LOL So I better run!!!!!!

Have a fabulous day everyone!!!!!!
Old 03-20-2006, 10:08 AM   #8  

Hi everyone--
I had a great weekend in Chicago. My weight stayed the same despite many special meals so that feels good.

Plan for the week:
Follow WW flex, stay at 20 points
3 workouts
Post food and exercise at the Self Challenge--I'm getting lots of good tips from it and I like the accountability.

Hope everyone has a great start to the week. It's cold here but very sunny so that helps.
Old 03-20-2006, 02:31 PM   #9  

Hi Everyone! Hope all is well and everyone is doing great!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MISTY!

I'm pretty sure I read "SOMEWHERE" that either today or tomorrow is your birthday...........so this is for "just in case it is today" lol! Well I went to the gym this morning and did about 50 minutes worth of exercise and today I started documenting again my eating and POINTS. I really really need to see a change on the scale soon!
Steph - Welcome back from vacation! Glad you had such a nice time! I WANNA GOOOOOOOO! 1# gain is awesome considering you were on vacation!
fost - That regular stuff'll get cha' everytime! I'm a huge PEPSI drinker. I have been doing diet for about 2 years now, cause if I taste the real stuff, I'll probably want it all the time again!
Jen - So nice to meet cha'!
Elana - Good job and so glad to hear you had a nice trip too!

HAVE A NICE DAY EVERYONE!
Old 03-20-2006, 06:06 PM   #10  

thanks Jeanne Great Job getting to the gym!!!!

Elana glad you had a great trip!!!!!!

I cut my thumb really bad today pitting a plum. It was nasty and it still hurts. DD is in a super bad mood and I can't take it much more. She is exhausted. I hope she crashes early b/c I seriously need a break. I did poor on my food choices today.

Well got to run, the crying ha sme frazzled. I need to calm her and make dinner. No clue where DH is, he can probably hear her outside and is hiding LOL/ The joy of a three year old..well almost 3.
Old 03-21-2006, 06:38 AM   #11  

Good morning Girls!!!!!!!!

Just a quick note to say hi. I am so thristy!!!! I was dreaming of water all night, amongst some other very weird stuff. So I guess I better get my tushie in gear. On a good morning I can drink 1 liter of water before I leave the house at 7:30.

I wasn't going to say anything but today is my birthday. I am 29. I have spent all of my 20's being fat. A little depressing. Spent a large portion of Saturday after the brunch looking through old pictures of my family. I thought I was HUGE in highschool. I looked so...normal. I felt like how I look now. What is that called body dismorphia or something? Anyway, last year at this time I said I wanted to be thin by 29 so I could have one non fat year in my 20's. Obvisouly I didn't make that. So now the plan is thin by 30. Can one lose 79-80 pounds in a year? I know 2 pounds a week yadda yadda yadda so it is a statistical possibility, but in reality with life's celebrations can it be done? We shall see. I am really depressed about turing 30. Not sure why. So maybe I should make the next year a celebration of me. Divaat40 was doing that. Where di she go BTW and how did her b-day turn out? Did anyone hear?

Anyway. Of to drink my water and clean my house, at least get it to the point where you can walk through the livingroom. I might just shovel a path LOL. Have a fabulous day!!!!!!! I weigh in tonight. I am down around 1.5 here at home from my HUGE gain last week. So I will take it.
Old 03-21-2006, 07:55 AM   #12  

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU, HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU, HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEAR MISTY..........HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!

Since I didn't sing yesterday...............there ya go! lol!

Dreaming of water.......thats a good thing! I dream of everything but healthy stuff! Turning 30 was the best year I ever had! Believe it or not. It was the turning point in sooooo many aspects of my life! Enjoy being 29, focus on YOU and by the time 30 rolls around..........take a deep and enjoy it! We'll stay here and help you get to goal by then, ok?! But, I do know how you feel about the 30 thing, but it didn't hit me until I turned 41 this year and I was not HAPPY at all about that .......9 years and I'll be 50! My kids are 18 and 14 and I just felt soooo old! Oh well.........

Well off to work..........CHOCOLATE.....TOM......I don't know if I can handle today!!!!! Wish me luck!
Old 03-21-2006, 09:20 AM   #13  

Thanks Jeanne!!!! You can handle it!!!!!!!!!! You can do it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Here's some just in case
Old 03-21-2006, 09:29 AM   #14  
Thin Girl In Hiding

Talking

Happy Birthday Misty!!!!!!

Old 03-21-2006, 02:44 PM   #15  
Jen

Height: 5'3"

Happy Birthday Misty

I know what you mean about looking back at old pics and remembering how I felt then, about being so fat and thinking it would be the end of the world is I ever weighed over 200lbs. It really is kind of funny now. When I was in high school I was about 20 lbs overweight but it felt like 100. Definately one of those if I knew then what I know now things.
Closed Thread