Old 03-18-2006, 03:31 PM   #1  

Default Starting soon

I'm going to start Atkins on the 27th .
I just wanted to run by a daily meun with you girls to make sure I get this right . I've been read ,read and read Atkins so I hope to get this right. It just hard for me to not think calories and low-fat because thats how I have been losing weight, but I do know this works because of my brother since he was little he always ate like this and he was never over weight . Please under stand that I won't fully get in my head until the weight comes off. I love the foods that are on Atkins so I know I can do it and with all of you here to help I'm sure this is going to be easier then what I have been doing.

BF- 2 eggs 2 sausage patties

L- 2 celery sticks with cream chesse ( LOVE IT )

D- hamburger with chesse ,onion and mayo ( no bun)

Snack- pork rinds (love them too hope I don't eat a whole bag.)

I think I got this right ,but just wanted to make sure.

I'm waiting to start because of my B-day and all the food that comes with it and I want to start this off right.
plb@m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2006, 07:01 PM   #2  
Baby Steps

Where's the veggies?? I know you said celery sticks but that seems awfully low. Don't forget the water
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2006, 08:16 PM   #3  

I had onion on there too. LOL
I'm a little sick of veggies right now ,but maybe a little spinch with dinner wouldn't hurt .
I'm doing the water already so that won't change.
Thanks for your help.
Old 03-19-2006, 11:37 AM   #4  
TemporaryFatChick

Isn't it amazing that you can eat this way and lose weight? I had a hard time getting past my low fat\high carb brain washing, but after seeing a steady weight loss without ever being hungry, having a ton of energy, and breaking the hold that sugar has had on me my whole life, I'm a firm believer.

As Brenda mentioned, you really do need to eat your veggies. Two cups of salad + one cup of cooked, or three cups of salad every day during induction. It's very important, not just for the healthy carbs your body needs, but also because your body really needs the fiber. Loosing weight isn't a lot of fun if you feel sick because you can't go to bathroom.

I'm so excited for you, you're going to LOVE this WOE
Tennessee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2006, 01:56 PM   #5  
250/ticker/160

Height: 5"9

Looks awesome! GOOD LUCK! just hang in here with us and you'll reach whatever goals you have set!!

Lacey
bnbsmommy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2006, 02:10 PM   #6  
TemporaryFatChick

O yeah, I forgot...
Measure yourself! O man do I wish I had my beginning measurements. There will be times in the future when the scale just won't move, but you'll still be loosing inches (weird, huh?). Anyway, get a tape measurer and measure your neck, bust at the fullest (with a bra on), bust at the band, waist, hip, thigh at the fullest, calf, and wrist. If you have a lot to loose like I did\do, you'll be so encouraged when you see the inches melt away.
Tennessee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2006, 02:33 PM   #7  

TENNESSEE
I know what you mean about the inches thats whats happing now . I have lost 36lbs so far with low fat/low cals .Started at 216 now 180 and been there for a couple weeks ,but still doing my exercise . My size 16 pants where falling off and I went to the store last night and got a new pair size 12 at 180 I can fit in a 12 and I tried on DDs size 12 to and they fit .( don't think she liked it because she is about 20 lighter then me.)I told my mom and I think she thought I was lieing about my weight . I just got to wonder want size I'll be after I lose 20 more lbs.

You girls are great thanks for all the help.
Old 03-19-2006, 04:15 PM   #8  
Lovin' Life

S/C/G: 300/too much/155

surprisingly onions are high in carbs.

Atkins says "salad" veggies.....personally Im sick to death of salads. So I just eat lower carb veggies like broccoli, green beans, cukes, celery, spinach etc....

I keep track of my calorie and carb counts on fitday.com ...its free and helps you see what you have eaten in a day. You are not suppose to count calories, but I still like it keep it between 1200 & 1800 calories a day. Too little and you wont loose, and too much, and you wont loose. Go figure

Good luck to you and
RobinW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2006, 04:37 PM   #9  
Determined

S/C/G: 285/235/140

This is actually my first offical day of doing Atkins so I'm kinda in your boat. I, also, am used to losing weight by counting my caleries and fat grams so it is a big transition to actually not have to watch out for that stuff, but also a relief. Your menu looks great and is something I would typically eat as well...but as they mentioned, of course salad mix/veggies are important. We'll do it together =) Good luck!
daydreamer06 is offline   Reply With Quote