Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 03-17-2006, 02:41 PM   #1  

Default A secret I shouldn't keep

I know a friend of my daughters is throwing up.............she doesn't know I know.......I am going to talk to my daughter about it today......upset beyond words.

L
liz321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2006, 02:55 PM   #2  

Oh my gosh! I hope you can get that child some help. I hate hearing things like that. You don't think your daughter is doing it too, do you? I hope everything works out.

Good luck,
Sarah
Ariannas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2006, 04:58 PM   #3  

Height: 5'-2"

Oh, Liz, I'm so sorry. I'll keep her in my prayers... please keep us posted.
Is there anyone else you could talk to about it? Get some advice? I wonder if the parents know...
ellis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2006, 05:01 PM   #4  

This is all very new.......I have been trying to feel out my daughter all day...........I have to play it all by ear.

L

I am so physically and emotionally exhausted
Old 03-19-2006, 07:24 PM   #5  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

I'd be beside myself Liz. I think your going about it smart....feel em out and never blame. It just makes me so sad when young girls (any one really) fall into this.

Are you going to eventually tell her parents?
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2006, 02:17 AM   #6  

I have thought of little else this weekend. I am going to have tgo be so careful not to accuse if I am not sure what I am talking about.

I will keep you posted.

L
Old 03-21-2006, 11:06 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 160/122/120

The mindset for many girls like that is that they would rather be thin than healthy. So talk of adverse effects on their health acts as a minimal deterrent. I would suggest focusing more on what purging does to someone's teeth. I have read about girls who started to form holes in their teeth that expand with a "zipper-like" action. The usual intention of a bulemic is to look good, but they don't realize how ugly they can become. Not being able to smile in addition to exorbitant dental bills should be an indicator that there are better alternatives. Approaching someone about this topic is not easy; I wish you luck. If there are any local eating disorder centers, I'm sure they will give you some advice on how to confront someone if you give them a call.
Goodbye Chubby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2006, 10:15 AM   #8  
CURVY VIXEN

S/C/G: 205/194/128

Height: 5'2''

hi
I think my daughter is on the brink of an eating disorder. She is almost 17, is 5'4'' and weighs 100 pounds. Although she has not LOST any weight, she has remained at 100#'s since age 14. This must be her magic number. I recently talked to her about it. I brought up the fact that she wasn't eating much, was she feeling ok? She said yes i'm fine. I materfactly printed the USDA food pyramid and gave it to her. I told her "wow that I didn't know you had to eat so many fruits and veggies to 'stay healthy'". I also printed out a modernized weight chart and left it on her bed. The least she should be is 112.
For the last two weeks, she is eating more apples and even made herself some pasta. I never accused, or even brought up "eating disorders" aneroxic or bulemia.. god knows I don't want her to suffer like I do with a binge eating disorder. Her room is filled with magazines, and she is into dance. She teaches at a local dance studio, so I know she is very intuned into her body. I'm so scared that she might suffer the havic an eating disorder, but for now I think I opened her eyes.
I hope this helps
purplepansy912 is offline   Reply With Quote