Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Closed Thread

Old 07-28-2001, 06:28 PM   #1  

Default Everyday Exercisers - Saturday/Sunday

Welcome to Everyday Exercisers -- a daily thread that focuses on healthy weightloss and overall fitness through regular exercise. Our goals are to stay active, stay hydrated, and make healthy eating choices. We share our exercise plans for the week, and check in each day to share our progress...and our set-backs. Here you'll find a supportive and encouraging environment in which to pursue your fitness goals, and a community of people who share your commitment to fitness and provide motivation and inspiration to each other. Welcome!

Old 07-28-2001, 06:42 PM   #2  

I started a new thread - but made it for Saturday AND Sunday as I thought the posting might be light.

I will stick with Marvin's Question of the Day for the weekend: What are you going to do for fun/exercise this weekend?

My update: I didn't do any exercise yesterday. I just felt exhausted. I watched a good movie - Frequency - that I rented. My fun/exercise plans for the weekend are yoga class this morning (which I did) and swimming and hopefully at least yoga tomorrow. It may rain and I'm watching my friends kids for a few hours tomorrow. Today I worked out in the pool for about an hour but I was doing water aerobics and using the kickboard and dumbells. I got a perm this morning and didn't want to get my hair wet.

Morrigan: I hope you had fun with your friend from California. When is the triathalon?

Marvin: Did you get the two yoga sessions in? What movies did you watch?

Copperblu: Hope you enjoy your cardio sessions at the gym.

Winterstar: How are the house repairs going? That can be a lot of exercise too.

That's it! Hope everyone is having a good weekend.
Old 07-29-2001, 02:06 PM   #3  
Hang In There

Default I need motivarion!!!

Hi, I'm Ageoldie and I been around the 3FC site here well over a year and jump in an post on anything that catches my eye. I am a regular poster on the Oxycise thread among others. I am having a really tought time staying focused right now. Iknow what to eat, Iknow to drink plenty of water, and I know I need to exercise every day.. So WHY can't I DO it???

I thought If I hung out with you guys a while your enthusiam for exercise would rub off on me

I live in Dallas and I am a member of The most up-to-date, sate of the art health club in the city.(and let me telly you there are a lot in Dallas) and try to go every morning during the week. I mostly do water aerobics. They have three different kinds of water aerobics classes. The one I like best is one called H2O Pump. It's a strength training class in the water. The other two are just regular shallow water or deep water classes. I do the Pump on Mondays & Thursdays, the only days its offered and then on the other days just do whichever one I feel like doing that day.

The club has started a contest that they are giving "points" for different activities you do to try to get us our of our ruts and to try something different. You can get a max of 5 points per week. If you get 10 in the first two weeks you get a free beach towel, and if you get the total 20 for the whole month you get a free shirt with the club logo. I'm determined I'm going to get the shirt, So I need you to prod me along. And also I thought that during this contest would be a good reason to get back in the weight loss mode.

So to ramble on about myself, but I did want to let everyone know what I'm thinking. Wish me luck and I wish the same for all of you.
Old 07-29-2001, 10:38 PM   #4  

Hi Ageoldie - Welcome! I find this is a very motivating thread. The people on here are doing a variety of different types of exercise and we all try to motivate each other, especially when we hit those plataeus.

The thread has been really busy lately but I guess people aren't posting this weekend. Everyone must be busy exercising! I know a lot of people were going out of town.

The contest at your club sounds like a good motivator. I also really like water aerobics. We have a pool at home but in the winter I swim and do water aerobics at the YMCA.

My update for today: I did about 40 minutes of yoga, targeted at the thighs and abs. Then I did leg weights for about 15 minutes and 30 minutes of water aerobics in the pool.

Hope everyone had a great weekend!
Closed Thread