South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 03-16-2006, 10:52 PM   #1  
Hayley

Unhappy Augh What To Do??

I am so disgusted with myself right now!!

I started SB this past Sunday, so this is my fifth day on plan. Or for today, NOT so on plan. Today I just had terrible cravings and towards the middle of the day I just completely gave in. I've always had problems with binging, but I haven't in a while, until today. Bread, crackers, etc. It was pretty bad. I'm not worried about binging again, I feel so sad right now I know I won't do it again soon.

My problem is, I have an event on March 25 that I had wanted to lose just a little bit of weight for. Will this binge be a big problem for my intial weight loss? I'm scared that all the weight I have lost will come straight back because I ate a lot of carbs.

I know there's nothing to do but move on, but I would like to know if anyone went totally off plan for a day during P1, and what were the consequences?? Did you gain real pounds back? Or when you got back on plan for a few days did they come back off? I know I'm freaking a little bit, but I'm just so mad at myself.

Thanks in advance!
Old 03-17-2006, 08:14 AM   #2  

Everbody is different Haley... The thing is, pick yerself up and dust yerself off and get back on plan. Be good, and weigh yourself in a day or two to see if ya gained.. One of the major objectives of Phase 1 is to rid you of your cravings for processed carbs, sugars... losing weight is the "side effect" of purging your body of all that stuff and stabilizing your blood sugar. The beauty of the program is that you can just hop back on it and reverse the effects of a "binge" fairly quickly and safely. Chin UP!!
Old 03-17-2006, 09:32 AM   #3  
Hayley

Thanks, I appreciate the motivation. I know that I'm doing this for my health, it's just hard not to get caught up in the number game. But I exercised HARD last night, harder than usual, and today it's back on plan. I was freaked out because my weigh in is today, the day after a binge, but I actually didn't gain any weight. I think because I exercised so hard. Whatever, back on plan!
Old 03-17-2006, 12:14 PM   #4  
Lovin' Life!

WTG Hayley for getting right back on plan!!!
Closed Thread