Old 03-16-2006, 10:03 AM   #1  
bzyathome

S/C/G: 199.5/175/150

Default A Neat Idea

Hello everyone!
I'm Marilyn aka bzyathome!
I've been reading posts and getting lots of ideas since starting on my Weight Loss Journey.

My DH and I both are counting calories and 100% agree with the zig-zagging of calories. We've not only incorporated that method but we also write EVERYTHING that goes in our mouth down in a journal.

Our newest idea has started encouraging our friends to jump on the rode of weight loss with us. We started taking a picture of our main meal of the day! It might sound silly but we are going to put the picture with the calorie count in a digital journal and that way we can "prove" that we aren't starving ourselves.

I've lost 20 lbs in 70 days and DH has lost 28 lbs. in the same amount of time. To just let you know, he's 51 and I'm 49 so we're not young folks at all. It also isn't the first time we've lost weight but hopefully it will be the last time and we'll finally become "Maintainers".
I started at 199.5 lbs and I know that I was higher just a few days before starting but it's now starting to really FEEL good. My body is changing and I just can't believe how great I feel.
I try to stay between 1200-1400 calories at least 5 days a week then I go to 1600-1800 at least 2 days a week. And like some of you, if I have a good 6 days, then I'll splurge on 2200 just one day a week. But so far my highest days have only been around 2000.

We've started walking 5k at least 4 days a week with a hard hilly workout at least 1 more day but it's only 1.5 miles. The hills are a killer too.

My goal is 150 by my 50th birthday and that's the beginning of June so I'm hoping to be there!

You are all such an inspiration and I can't tell you how much I love this board.
I'm so thankful I decided to be a part of it.
Marilyn
bzyathome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2006, 03:17 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 181/136/140

Height: 5'8"

Default Wow! You read my mind

First off I am a new poster, but have lurked for a while. SusanB you are an inspiration to me! I am your age and just want to thank you for your posts!

I just had a conversation with my daughter in law this morning. I told her how proud my Dr was of me yesterday for the 16 pounds I have lost. She said well he wouldn't have been if you really told him how few calories you are eating a day! .. Gee thanks for the compliment!

Me and my hubby are plugging away at it one pound at a time. We exercise 6 days a week with Gilad and on our elliptical and just watch what we eat. We eat healthier than we ever have. I do have to have one or two of the 100 calorie packs every day but I still think I am doing ok!

Several of you who share your fitday are inspirational to me. It gives me new ideas of what I can eat that is low cal and good for me.
littleatatime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2006, 06:00 PM   #3  
2 forward, 1 back

Welcome Marilyn and littleatatime! littleatatime, why would your daughter-in-law make that type of comment to you? Are you eating a very low amount of calories?

What an interesting idea about photographing your meal for a digital journal. Let us know what kind of response you receive. I am really hoping to inspire some of my family members and friends to eat better too. I have been making a point of serving healthy meals whenever we have guests -- including low-calorie desserts. It's tough because my parents in particular seem to think they eat well, but they could do much better. And considering my dad's two heart attacks, that's of great concern.
bobbidipity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2006, 06:32 PM   #4  
Miles

S/C/G: 176/168/135

Height: 5'4"

Hello Marilyn and littleatatime!

Wow Marilyn, your attitude is infecting. I think your ideas sound great and I am so happy for you and your husband. It sounds like not only are you doing well but more importantly, both of you are having fun!

Littleatatime don't worry about other people's criticisms too much. Only you will know what is best for you and only you can keep working on getting better and better every day.

It is so good to have the both of you, I hope you post on some of our regular threads!
blues4miles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2006, 06:32 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

Marilyn -- I love the idea of taking the picture of the food for the journal, that's great! Congrats on your weight loss so far!

My only comment is to be careful not to worry if you don't make your goal. Weight loss effects tend to slow as we get close to goal, and 30 pounds in less than 3 months is a lot as you get close. I would say get as close as you can, but don't worry about the deadline. They can be demotivating when we don't meet them.

Last summer I was 39 and it occured to me that 4-0 was coming. I decided I wanted to be fitter at 50 than when I turned 40. I turned 40 last month with a lot of weight lost, but a long way to go on this journey. Maybe you can try to be as healthy or healthier at 60 than when you turn 50.
Heather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2006, 07:54 PM   #6  
bzyathome

S/C/G: 199.5/175/150

Thanks so much for the welcome!
I sure know about not reaching goal or maintaining for that matter but I'll be happy just to be losing even if I'm not at my goal by the big 5-0!!

This is definitely not the first time I've lost weight but it is the first time I've been over 185 and at 200 I was definitely over 185! But again, I was much younger when I got down to 135 before. I was only 32 yo so now 18 years later, OMG I can't believe it's been that long....I'm ready to get it off & KEEP it off!

Thanks for the inspiration, everyone and commenting on my thread....that's a real motivation in itself.
Marilyn
bzyathome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2006, 10:35 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 181/136/140

Height: 5'8"

[QUOTE=bobbidipity]Welcome Marilyn and littleatatime! littleatatime, why would your daughter-in-law make that type of comment to you? Are you eating a very low amount of calories?
QUOTE]

Thanks for the welcome I think my daughter in law just thinks we aren't eating enough. I tried to explain to her that we are eating enough to be, but not enough to be fat anymore. I am taking in 1000-1300 calories a day. I have been losing about 2 pounds a week, but more importantly I feel wonderful! I am usually a all or nothing kinda gal, so just hope I can keep it up!
littleatatime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2006, 10:47 PM   #8  
Embracing My New Normal

S/C/G: 248/226/135

Marilyn and Littleatatime!
Less of Lena is offline   Reply With Quote