Old 03-16-2006, 07:54 AM   #1  
LLV

Default Boy yesterday was a bust and a half!

All went well up until evening. Don't you hate that? You do good all day and then evening comes along and and you wanna go into fitday (of whatever calorie-counting device you use) and write SCREW IT in big letters on the face of it.

I'm under some stress right now, so I think it's just stress eating or something. I ate waaaaaay more than I should have yesterday, plus I got into the fridge about 10:30 last night and stole a piece of the brownie mousse pie that was supposed to have been eaten by my husband. But I can't expect HIM to get rid of everything for me

Now, I don't normally do these things. There can be pie, cake, candy and cookies hanging around and I can usually walk right by them, I've never been a big sweet eater. But last night I just HAD to have that pie on top of everything else I shouldn't have eaten, lol.

Isn't it weird how we sometimes feel we just HAVE to add insult to injury? Why do we do that? It's like, "well, I've already screwed up for the day, may as well go for broke and eat something completely sinful."

LLV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2006, 08:27 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

I almost had an evening like that too. I was hungry, despite having eaten enough, and for a moment didn't care. I could picture myself just devouring everything in sight. For some reason, I stopped after eating 4 of 6 stale cheese crackers. Perhaps because they were stale? I don't know. I think had there been a trigger food in the house, that sucker would have been history.

I had an english muffin with peanut butter and hightailed it to the gym. I ended up being a little over for the day, but was just fine with that under the circumstances -- and glad to get the day over with.

It's not really eating the extra food that bothers me, but I am petrified of losing control. I've done great so far, but just don't know how long it will continue.

You know how well you've done, and I am sure are proud of your progress. From everything I hear, days like that are part of this life for just about everyone. So I don't know WHY we do it, but we do. Hopefully, today is better!
Heather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2006, 08:38 AM   #3  

the wonderful thing about it, is that we get back on track. Everyone is going to have a bad day..and there are days when I don't know if I will ever have another bad day because I feel so good..and then the next day I will have a bad day..so all we can do is take it one day at a time....your stats are absolutely wonderful though! You have done amazing! I can't wait till I get there too!
cruisintolose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2006, 09:33 AM   #4  
LLV

Thanks, girls

I agree, we all have bad days. I fully expect them. It wasn't my first and it certainly won't be my last. But it still feels good to rant about it, lol!

What was funny was when I grabbed that piece of brownie mousse (a dessert I had made for a dinner and there were 3 pieces left) I even told myself out loud, "Linda, put it back. Right now, go put it back," the whole time I was grabbing the piece and putting it on a plate, lol. I told myself not to eat it, but I knew I was going to.
Old 03-16-2006, 10:03 AM   #5  

I just don't understand it either. Sometimes I wish we could just hit a rewind button to rewind us about 24 hours back..so that we can change it if we wanted to....but then maybe not..that would probably give me a license to mess up all the time if we had that option and I wouldn't get anywhere... But it always feels good to rant about it ...just to get it out. I know for me to speak what I have done out loud sort of holds me accountable too...hope it's going good for you now!
Old 03-16-2006, 11:31 AM   #6  
LLV

You know what someone needs to invent? A little pill you can take that counteracts all effects of calories, lol.

Eat all you want, all day long. Take the pill and only absorb the calories your body needs for energy and nutrition and the pill would 'dump' the extras.

Oh, well, doesn't hurt to fantasize, lol.
Old 03-16-2006, 12:49 PM   #7  

Unhappy Binging

I don't know why,but I've been eating like crazy. I've been eating things that I don't usually eat, like ice cream and chocolate. Does anyone know what causes this kind of cravings?
Emmaline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2006, 03:17 PM   #8  

I think it is different for everyone on why we eat like crazy at times. Some people it is for emotional reasons...boredom, depressed, lonely, or just having a bad day, stress. As for eating things you don't normally eat , I'm not sure. I think that different times of our lives we crave things we didn't use to crave. I used to love hostess cakes...and doughnuts..now I dont' touch them. If I am going to say eat alot of something it is going to be chocolate or pizza...so I sort of keep those things out of my house. I mostly eat out of boredom or loneliness and I realize that..so now that I realize that I make sure that I'm more aware of my eating and I try not to eat unless I am physically hungry. There are those out there that think it could be a biological factor? such as hormones or that time of the month where a lot of women want more chocolate than normal. There are alot of factors involved and it's different for everyone. I wish I could tell you more..but I really don't know. I hope you get to feeling better Emmaline. It's hard to combat and sometimes finding out why we eat the things we do is half the battle....keep your chin up and don't give up. It's hard but it is all worth it in the end. Perhaps instead of binging on ice cream and chocolate take a walk or something...maybe that may make you feel better. I know that there is a forum on here specifically for binging and overeating that has a lot of wonderful people on it...if I knew how to send you the link to it I would but I'm not sure how to do it..try reading up on some of those boards and I think it will give you alot of insight as well.
Old 03-16-2006, 06:40 PM   #9  
Miles

S/C/G: 176/168/135

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by LLV
You know what someone needs to invent? A little pill you can take that counteracts all effects of calories, lol.

Eat all you want, all day long. Take the pill and only absorb the calories your body needs for energy and nutrition and the pill would 'dump' the extras.

Oh, well, doesn't hurt to fantasize, lol.
There was some skit a couple years ago on a comedy show about a new "weight loss" strategy, something like people swallowing parasites who then ate all the food before they could digest it. Anyways, you just made me think of that.

Lucky for me my fiance doesn't have a sweet tooth so there is no reason for us to have sweet snacks around the house. I never rely on him to eat anything for me, and he knows if he wants to eat his candy bar or pie he had better eat it quickly or I will go after it!
blues4miles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2006, 09:18 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 156/133/130

Height: 5'2"

LLV, You are too funny My Birthday was Monday and DH and I went out to eat. I wanted to get on fitday and find that menu item that said "Screw It" too. We all have bad days, we just start over tomorrow .
abbyin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2006, 10:21 PM   #11  
LLV

Quote:
Originally Posted by blues4miles
There was some skit a couple years ago on a comedy show about a new "weight loss" strategy, something like people swallowing parasites who then ate all the food before they could digest it.
Ewwwwwww! I think I'd rather count calories.

lol
Old 03-16-2006, 10:22 PM   #12  
LLV

Quote:
Originally Posted by abbyin
LLV, You are too funny My Birthday was Monday and DH and I went out to eat. I wanted to get on fitday and find that menu item that said "Screw It" too. We all have bad days, we just start over tomorrow .
Yep. We need a "screw it" button
Old 03-16-2006, 11:12 PM   #13  
Embracing My New Normal

S/C/G: 248/226/135

I'll sign that petition!
Less of Lena is offline   Reply With Quote