Old 03-15-2006, 06:03 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 139/139/125 or 9 stone goal

Height: 5'2

Default Good Snack Bars?

I often am very hungry after a work out at the YMCA. I was wondering what protein snack bars you would recommend to have in the car. If I don't have something on my way home to take the edge off, I start to eat as soon as I walk through the door and while I make lunch for the children and then while I make my lunch. Any suggestions would be great!
Britmum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2006, 07:32 PM   #2  
Tired of lettuce!

Height: 6 flippin' feet tall!

I adore luna bars!!! They are one of the more edible nutrition bars I've found
hoodj0080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2006, 07:55 PM   #3  
Determined

Luna bars are good and so are the pria bars. The pria bars are only 110 calories with 5 grams of protein. Luna's are about 180 and have tons of good flavors.
happydaisy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2006, 08:40 PM   #4  
Tired of lettuce!

Height: 6 flippin' feet tall!

are there artificial sweeteners in pria bars? I can't have them, but I would like to try the bars.
hoodj0080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2006, 06:09 AM   #5  

Thanks for the replys. The only question I have is, are they low carb friendly? I'm off tho walmart this morning. I'm going reading some labels. What flavours do you like best?
Old 03-17-2006, 02:17 PM   #6  

I've solved my problem. I read some labels and decided for the money to get the advantage bars and cut them in half. I put them in a zip lock in my center console as it's not warm enough to melt them. So half of one and a diet fizzy soda and that tides me over till lunch. Then I have the other half while I'm in the pick up line at school for my mid afternoon snack!
Old 03-21-2006, 04:11 PM   #7  
Susan hockeyfan7

I love the CarbWise brand bars -- they are way better then the Advantage bars. The chocolate fudge crisp was almost candy bar and only 2 grams of net carbs.
hockeyfan7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2006, 11:49 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 154/148/125

Slim fast optima and protein bars are pretty good. I love the protein peanut granola bars and the optima blueberry muffin bars are good for breakfast.
lighthouse33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2006, 11:16 AM   #9  

I love the PRia bars, only 4 carbs (or less) each. And to boot, they are the cheapest fo the lot. I get them at Costco and they run about a buck a piece (18 dollars a box)
Of course if you don't like choclate you are out of luck. They come in an assortment of 4 types, all choclate based. One has carmel, one peanut butter and I don't remember the other two, but I love them. Eat them with a big glass of water and you are set.
They also are not dry like some of the other bars, if you know what I mean. you actually feel like you are eating something you might eat if you weren't trying too lose weight.
Lookingforlean is offline   Reply With Quote