Sonoma Diet Recipes Recipes marked for each wave of the Sonoma Diet. Recipes fit in with whole food diets and the Mediterranean diet.

Old 03-14-2006, 06:11 AM   #1  
American ex-pat

S/C/G: 182/180/140

Height: 5'2"

Default LindaT -Pumpkin chili?

I was reading old threads in the Med Diet forum and you mentioned making pumpkin chili that day (like in 2004!). I'm sorry if there's already a thread about this somewhere but would you mind passing on the recipe? I'm totally intrigued and I also have a ton of pumpkin that I froze from last Halloween. I need to use it up soon so it doesn't go off and am not really fancying making that many pumpkin pies! Pumpkin muffins might be nice, though...hmmmm...

Also, is this a Sonoma-friendly recipe or does this thread need to be moved?
Mummy_Tummy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2006, 10:28 AM   #2  
American ex-pat

I did a Google search and found lots of recipes. It seems the pumpkin is added to a turkey or chicken white chili, for added nutrients. Is your's pretty much the same or is the pumpkin the main ingredient?

Thanks!
Old 03-14-2006, 10:30 AM   #3  

It's buried here on this board too. You just have to scroll through the pages of this thread.

Otherwise, you can clickt he search button at the top, enter Pumpkin as a keyword and then select the sonoma recipe forum to search in.

I made it last week again. mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
LindaT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2006, 07:10 AM   #4  
American ex-pat

Thanks! I found it and it sounds delicious! I'm gonna pick up the stuff for it on Friday, when I go grocery shopping. Well, I have most of it. Just need a few bits.
Old 03-15-2006, 10:54 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 139/139/125 or 9 stone goal

Height: 5'2

I made a turkey chili with canned pumpkin and it was very creamy and tasty. I have since then put in my spaghetti sauce and loved it. Even my children will eat it and not notice that I have sneaked an extra veggie in their dinner. Plus it is a major player in the world of Super Foods.
Britmum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2006, 11:09 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 139/139/125 or 9 stone goal

Height: 5'2

I forgot to mention my 6yr old sons favourite oatmeal, is "Thanksgiving Oatmeal". I mix a little pumpkin, cinnamon, raisins and a little brown sugar in his plain oats. Sounds crazy I know, but he loves it!!!!
Britmum is offline   Reply With Quote