Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 03-13-2006, 04:39 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 120

Default Help I need some tips

Hi, I am new and I am currently on LA weight loss plan. I am so tierd of going around the same issue(overeating) over and over agin. I just wanted to know do anyone have any tips that have work for them or others in helping them to overcome overeating when the desire arise.
snoody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2006, 11:23 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 190/125/135

Height: 5'2"

Hi Snoody,

There are a couple of things that really help me and may help you.
1) I have a food plan (sounds like you do too) so that I know when to eat and what to eat.
2) I know what my trigger foods are -- the things that I can never get enough of (desserts). I don't eat those. You should be able to avoid your trigger foods and still stay in your LA plan.

Hope that helps.
Marny
marny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2006, 08:50 AM   #3  

Height: 5'-2"

Welcome, Snoody!

Great tips from Marny.
My big thing right now is to make sure I'm eating throughout the day. That means NOT just eating three meals, but having three meals plus three snacks. The snacks ensure that my body is always fueled. I'm not going be hungry midafternoon or late at night, and I KNOW that I can have that little treat every day!
ellis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2006, 01:43 PM   #4  

Thanks for the tips and I will surely put them to use
Old 03-15-2006, 01:13 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 230/210/170

Height: 5'8

I've started going to the gym 3 months ago. I promised myself that no matter what I'll go to the gym 4 times a week and I won't be concentrating on eating better at all - just exersise. For the first few weeks I would still binge, sometimes going to the gym was hard (I was so stuffed I couldn't move) After a while I naturally started to eat less and less - just because it was easier to move at the gym. Eating well was not my priority, exercise was. Slowly, over time I noticed that I was not binging that often. For the first time in several years I haven't binged in the last 3 weeks. It feels great. I feel free. I believe it the exercise that helped me make this first step to the better life. I HATE TO EXERCISE!!! I KNOW IT'S THE ONLY WAY OUT OF THE **** i LIVED IN!!! I know it's only the beginnig but for the first time in yeard I believe I can do it.
magdie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2006, 05:54 PM   #6  

Thanks for the exercise tip magdie
Old 03-25-2006, 10:39 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 152/140/125

Height: 5'7"

I have experienced recent success with managing my food intake by being mindful of portions. I portion out food in advance so if I'm hungry and want to grab some crackers, they are all pre-bagged into individual servings. I love these organic, whole wheat triscuit type crackers so whenever I buy a box I baggie them 6 crackers per bag (1 serving). That way I won't get carried away and eat the whole box.

I also bought ice cream (gasp!) at the store today. BUT, I bought a bag of six mini-sundae cups that are 110 calories per cup. I had one after dinner tonight and was satisfied. Rather than eating a pint of B&J, I ate one 110 cal cup.

Another tip is to keep lots of veggies washed, chopped & bagged in the refrigerator. As soon as you bring produce home, wash it and get it ready for eating. If I've eaten a meal and am still not satisfied, I'll let myself eat as much raw produce as I want. Since it's all clean and ready to eat, it's easy to grab it whenever the munch monster strikes.

Here's another tip that I've used on a few rare instances when I was feeling particularly disgusted with myself. Eat naked in front of a mirror. That usually stops me mid-bite!

Richard Simmons once said that a good way to control your eating is to wear all white when you eat. I've used that trick before. Since you don't want to spill on your white clothing, you tend to eat a lot slower and therefore feel full after a smaller amount of food.

Last but not least, be strong. I know it's hard to fight cravings, but you CAN do it! Keep your long term goal in mind. If the cravings get too bad, go for a walk, put on a yoga tape, take a bath, or do whatever you can to keep your mind off of food. Replacing bad habits with healthy habits takes time, but it certainly can be done.

Good Luck!
Genesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2006, 10:05 AM   #8  
CURVY VIXEN

S/C/G: 205/194/128

Height: 5'2''

Jounal Journal Journal!! I have looked back and read where I have binged and found stressful situations at that time. I try to recognize and stop myself from doing it. Like an alcoholic food will not solve my problems and in the end will not make me feel better.
Drink lots of water, sometimes we feel hunger but we are actually in need of water.
Forgive yourself, you are human and there is only one you!
hope this helps
purplepansy912 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2006, 11:58 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 189/177/150

I agree with purplepansy. Journal journal journal! I would say that this was one of the most important things I did during my recovery. It was so great to look back on it and see how far I've come. I know it sounds cheesy, but it really does work.

Another thing that worked was avoiding my trigger foods at all costs initially. (I know, easier said than done) and also having a daily food plan that i would carry with me in my purse so that I always knew what I was going to eat.

Oh, and one more! Getting rid of my all or nothing mentality and learning to love my self has really improved the way I feel about my self.

Good luck to you!
sarahberry is offline   Reply With Quote