Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 03-13-2006, 01:51 PM   #1  

Height: 5'9

Unhappy Discouraged, Depressed and Fed up!

I'm so discouraged, it's not even funny. I've been at this for almost a year and a half and I am just so disgusted with what I'm left with now.
I call it my "jiggle belly". And no matter how hard I exercise...cardio and strength training....it won't go away. In fact, it's just gotten worse. It floats in the bath tub, it actually jiggles when I walk. I feel like Homer Simpson! I thought that at this point, I could wear any outfit that I wanted to, but I can't. Forget wearing anything that clings to my stomach or anything tight. I have to wear bottoms that fall in a very certain area on my waist...too high and I get a bulge, too low and they just don't fit right.
I don't know if it's ALL extra skin or if it had fat underneath yet that I can still use. I mean, is trying to get rid of this pointless? I never thought that it would be as bad as it is. I'm just as self-concious about my stomach now as I was when I was heavy.
I don't feel thin at all. I still feel fat. I mean, most of the time I can hide it, but I have to be very careful when I buy clothes. My husband doesn't understand, he says that it's not that bad. I think it is though.
And forget plastic surgery. I could never afford it. Plus, we want to have children in the future and that would kind of defeat the purpose of having a tummy tuck.
I just cannot accept the fact that this is never going to get any better. I mean, yeah, I have a little sagginess on my upper arms and thighs, but my stomach is GROSS! How can I tell if it's something that will go away with a lot of cardio or if it's something that will just be there forever that I have to accept?
I've read all of the loose skin forums and such. I'm just extremely down right now. I went shopping yesterday and tried on like 10 pairs of capris and not ONE pair fit me right. I'm fed up and am really hating my body right now.
cemetarysiren25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2006, 02:35 PM   #2  
Working on Hot!

S/C/G: 242/225/175

OMG you have lost 126lbs thats great....I know thats not what you wanted to hear but I just had to say it...you got to be happy about that....I know I would.....
la3y_un1c0rn_37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2006, 02:44 PM   #3  
geeky pagan chick

S/C/G: 265/136/150

Everthing I've read says give your body a year after reaching goal to see how much your skin will bounce back. I've still got my fingers crossed

I have a sharpei lower tummy too. It looks fine jeans as long as I get ones that end just below my belly button. A-line skirts are quite flattering as well. Unlike you, I have other areas of very loose skin as well, including my breasts and thighs.

I'm very tempted by thoughts of a breast lift and tummy tuck. I would especially love to not have to wear a bra 24/7. I don't know if I'll ever do it though. It seems so risky and expensive for something that is entirely cosmetic. I've decided to not even consider it as a possibility until next September. That will mark my 1 year maintenance anniversary.

I will admit that it's slightly dissapointing to have gotten down to a size 6 only to find that I still have to pay attention to the cut of my clothes in order to disguise my loose skin issues. Most days I'm pretty okay with it though. It's such an improvement from where I was before. I can hardly *see* there from here.
Tani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2006, 02:47 PM   #4  

Oh, believe me, I'm thrilled about that. I'm just not thrilled with my gooshy stomach and the way clothes fit. One size will be a little to tight, where my stomach hangs over the pants line...the next size up will be way too big and baggy. Same thing with shirts....one size is too clingy on my stomach and the next size up is huge!! I don't know what to do with that!
Old 03-13-2006, 03:00 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 196/160/125

Height: 5'5"

i know you must be sooo frustrated. i feel that way and i haven't even lost much weight yet. i put on some shorts this weekend that were tight around my midsection, so i had this huge roll hanging over. no way i was wearing those shorts!!!

unfortunately, there may be only one other solution to your problem other than living with it....shall i say it??? plastic surgery??? you could just go in for a consult even if you don't have the money for it now. he could at least tell you how much work you may need and how much it might would cost. and as long as you continue eating when you get pregnant like you do now, you shouldn't have to worry about pregnancy ruining your new belly too much. don't get into the mindset, "I'm pregnant. i'm eating for two and i can eat anything i want". i did that and look where it got me. 196. but it is coming down slowly.

but anyways, congrats on your big loss. what an inspiration you are to me. i only wanted to lose approximately 66 pounds. you lost twice that much. WAY TO GO!!!
lumifan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2006, 03:04 PM   #6  
iwanttobeasize6

S/C/G: 165/156/135

i think ur doing great losing all that weight..im trying to lose only 21 pounds and im already feeling like crappy for taking forever..i mean look at you lost like another person..THATS WONDERFUL..KEEP UP THE GOODWORK.
Mariacutie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2006, 04:53 PM   #7  

I don't know. I just feel like I've worked so damn hard and now, what am I left with? Something that I can't do anything about except for cosmetic surgery. I just don't know how I am every going to feel good about myself now. It's like being lost in a snowstorm, walking 20 miles in freezing cold, thinking that you are going to end up on a major highway wear you will be able to flag someone down, only when you come to where you think there is a refuge, safety, help...there's only more miles and miles of snow and mountains ahead of you. I just don't know what to do anymore.
Old 03-13-2006, 05:00 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 190/140/135

Height: 5'7"

I totally sympathize, I went from 195 to 127 and I have loose skin on my tummy too. It looks particularly heinous if I bend over! I console myself with the fact that I am so much healthier and I look very pretty in clothes. I have a very hard time finding jeans though - all the low rise stuff just makes my belly look gross.

But - the weight loss was a huge success. I look better, I feel better. I'm sure I'm the only one who would ever really notice my stomach.

*hug*
Glory87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2006, 11:36 PM   #9  

Wow! You've done a great job! From your stats it looks like you've lost 116 pounds. Hey, that's fabulous! I don't know how long it's been since you've lost the weight, but give your skin at least a year to bounce back. In the meantime, buy undies that have some lycra in them to help with the sagging. Your skin might bounce back some.

Have your children and then if it still bothers you, save up for a tummy tuck (I have 4 children and I'm probably going to get a tuck next year).

Look at the big picture: you have a DH that thinks you're great just like you are, you look MUCH better even with the belly sag, you're MUCH healthier, you'll be much healthier when you have children and you'll probably live a longer, healthier life because of your weightloss. That's alot of plusses that in my book outweigh one small minus.

I know it's a big deal to you (me too) but there are so many women who'd give their right arm to have lost the weight you've lost. Heck, alot of women would just love to have a DH!!!!! You're blessed girl! Perfection is over-rated, revel in what you've accomplished!
RunningMyRace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2006, 12:48 AM   #10  
leeny

S/C/G: 142/85/66

Well guess what...today was the day I was booked in for a tummy tuck. It has been postponed until April now as I have an infection and that is the next available appointment. I sooo know how you feel. I really can't afford it either and have recently lost my job but hey...you only live once. In Aussie I can have the procedure as a medical one and not cosmetic and that way it does not cost too much. It will be worth every penny. I know a few people who have had tummy tucks, gained weight again afterwards and even had kids afterwards. The surgeon tightens muscles on your tummy...so matter what size you are in the future your tummy will always be flat...I have seen it...
So whatever you decide...remember that you are given that body for only a short time in our life...so make the most of it...leeny
leeny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2006, 01:10 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 248/170

I know you have tried cardio, have you tried doing any core exercises on a stabilty ball? I just started working out and using the stability ball and after just a few days I can already feel a difference. By the CONGRATULATIONS on losing the weight...don't give up on yourself you have a achieved and accomplished so much...it may be extra skin...but it's smaller extra skin!
nickelkitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2006, 02:08 PM   #12  

Eeeks can I ever empathize with you. Everything else has tightened up nicely, except my lower abs. I have one big giant blop of flesh there and it makes me very unhappy.

I was in to see my doctor last fall and asked her to check out my stomach. She confirmed that what was there was mostly skin and that I was not going to be able to make it go away on my own. Period. The muscles underneath are in good shape, but all the muscle tone in the world isn't going to fix my body. I had two major abdonimal surgeries in my 20s and according to my doc my stomach is like someone who had gastric bypass and lost weight very fast.. things just are not snapping back. I've lost 87 pounds, not nearly as much as you but I can imagine what youa re dealing with if it's anything like me.

I hate it as much as you do. All I ever wanted to do was tuck in my shirt, but I cannot because of this bulge. I can deal with the bits of loose skin on my upper arms and upper thighs, but this I cannot and will not live with. I am saving for a tummy tuck. yes it will be expensive and it may take me 5-10 years to have enough, but I AM going to do it.

I would really suggest having your doctor evaluate you because even though she didn't tell me what I wanted to hear.. that I could make it go away, it is a little comfort to know that I am doing the best I can.
LindaT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006, 09:12 PM   #13  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

I can totally sympathize with you. After losing 75 lbs, not near as much as you, I have extra skin on my stomach that I would love to have off. I don't think any amount of exercise will give me back my flat ab's I had in high school. I accept now that I am older and that my body can't and won't be perfect, but it's a far cry from where I started at 234lbs. I too plan to wait til 1 year after reaching my goal weight and then consult about a tummy tuck but for now, my saggy boobs bother me more. Lol. we all have our vanities and you have done a wonderful job with the weight loss.
lilybelle is offline   Reply With Quote