Closed Thread

Old 03-11-2006, 03:43 PM   #1  

Default So I joined WW today

I decided it was a sign. I was just browsing on their site and it said today was the last day to join without paying registration fees, so I took the plunge. And needless to say im down two pounds from the last time I weighed myself like a month ago and Ive been slacking and not following a diet lately. Its been a rough month. Anyway so I thought I would drop into this board and say hi and introduce myself.
Hope this works for me. Ive tried the WW online before but i slack after a few weeks. But i think the fact that i will be going to the meetings and dont wanna get embarrassed when i dont lose or gain wieght will motivate me. So we shall see.
Old 03-11-2006, 03:59 PM   #2  
Amy

S/C/G: 443/306/175

Height: 5'7"

Good for you! I joined WW almost 2 weeks ago and it has been going pretty well.

That's awesome that you still lost 2 lbs even w/"slacking" a little bit It's a darn sight better than gaining, that's for sure!!

Why do you think you have started to slack after a few weeks when you tried it before? For me the plan seems pretty cool and I was suprised at how easy it was for me to resist things. We have food and cake and crap at my work almost every day and I have found it easy to resist. Not that I'm some superdiet woman or anything; I have kind of an advantage. I was vegan (no dairy, eggs, or meat) for 8 mos and recently switched to vegetarian (no meat) so I am used to passing up things every one else is eating. I just have this mindset like I did before of "I dont eat that". Not "I can't have that"--"I DON'T". Maybe this would work for you...?? Just my idea.
Old 03-11-2006, 07:09 PM   #3  

I think I started slacking cause with WW online I would have to log all my food at home and sometimes durign the day I never got on the computer cause I was too busy. So maybe if I have the material avaiable to me all the time, I will more likely do it more. As for resisting temptation thats not to terribly hard. If i really want somethign I will have a small piece of it. Also sometimes when I work long hours I sure dont wanna come home some days and cook a meal for myself, I need to get back into the habit of cooking more.
Old 03-11-2006, 10:56 PM   #4  
Amy

S/C/G: 443/306/175

Height: 5'7"

I hear ya on that one. I dont like cooking much period and especially not after a long day at work. Do you like Gardenburgers at all? They have a portobello burger that is only 1 point and thier soy riblets (which are pretty big) are only 4!! They cook up fast and are super good. I cant even tell the difference between the soy riblets and the meat version. I always keep them on hand for quick lunches and easy dinners. That way I'm sure to eat a lower point dinner than if I had to cook.

That's a good point about the WW online. I agree, if I had to get on there and log all my points I wouldnt do it, either. We arent allowed to use the internet for personal use at my job and sometimes I dont even get on the computer in the evenings at all, so yeah, that would be tough for me.
Old 03-11-2006, 11:08 PM   #5  
banned

welcome
i wi on saturdays too ...wanna be buddies?
Old 03-12-2006, 10:13 AM   #6  

I definitely need a buddy. That would be great. PM whenever you want. How did you do on your last weigh in?
Old 03-12-2006, 02:13 PM   #7  
I love chocolate! <sigh>

I joined today. I am still not sure which plan is going to be best for me. I like the Core so that I don't have to track as much, but I think I need the accountability of Flex.

I have been lurking here for a while, and haven't done squat to get myself started, and like you was surfing and stumbled onto WW.

Good luck to us both!
Old 03-12-2006, 02:34 PM   #8  

Hey chunky how are you. Im doing flex just cause i dont have time to cook and need to be able to eat whatever. Core is a little to constricting for me. How did you like your frist meeting?
Old 03-12-2006, 02:39 PM   #9  
I love chocolate! <sigh>

It was okay. I don't know anyone and most of the ladies there were a fair amount older than me... but that's okay. I like the leader, she was motivating, which is important!! I'm gregarious by nature, and will "make friends" there soon. I am also considering moving to Monday evening so that my daughter can go with me. She expressed an interest in joining.

I am opposite of you when it comes to the plans. I find the Flex to be the constricting one, with having to count points and whatnot, and the Core less so, being that you can eat anything that is a Core food and also the 35 extra spending points. I need to be more accountable at this point and for me, that means Flex.

So, like I said, good luck to us both! I feel motivated and hope that the scale will show me some more motivation next Sunday!!
Old 03-12-2006, 03:16 PM   #10  

Thats cool. I have to go on Saturdays cause I have a 9-6 job and they dont have any evening meetings that i can attend. There were lots of older people there at mine too a few new younger ones but in general everyone was very nice. Except this one old lady who yacks and yacks and has a question and comment about everything. Shes gonna get old quickly lol
Closed Thread