Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 03-10-2006, 01:27 PM   #1  
Strong on the inside

S/C/G: 197/197/145 HW: 233

Height: 5'4"

Default wow. what an idiot i am...

So, after doing VERY well with sticking to my calories, etc., yesterday I blew it. They were having a reception at work for someone, and I hadn't planned on going because I knew there would be lots of food. But, a friend asked me to go, so i went. And at first I did alright. I had a couple of raw mushrooms, black olives, cauliflower, etc (all with no dressing!)...then I thought, well, I'll just have one of htese little cream chesse stuffed artichoke hearts. So I had one, and I didn't even feel that guilty, because it was small and while it probably was loaded with calories, i had decided to treat myself. Then my friend didnt' like his, so I ate his too. Then I ate two little bites of cheeseball.... Then I finally stopped.

Later, as I was feeling quite poopy about my whole day, I got into an argument with a very close friend and decided the way to get back at him was to eat an ENTIRE BOX OF COUSCOUS after he left my house. he doesn't even know that i did it! How did i reason that I would be getting back at him by doing this? It's so ridiculous!

Hopefully I didn't set myself back too far. I'm so disappointed with myself.
aerotigergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2006, 01:28 PM   #2  
takin it one lb at a time

It's okay. We ALL have little slipups sometimes. Just be extra careful for the rest of the week and things should even out quite nicely without you gaining any extra weight.
x0xmelissax0x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2006, 01:38 PM   #3  

Don't beat yourself up over this. We all have our days.
NinaV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2006, 01:53 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 200/175/120

Just consider it a pit stop. Get back on the bus baby!
BeatlesFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2006, 02:24 PM   #5  
I'm bringin' SEXY back!!!

Height: 5'3 1/2

You're not an idiot, just human. We've all done it. If it'll make you feel better, add a few extra minutes to your workout for the rest of the week.
teahoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2006, 02:33 PM   #6  
Strong on the inside

yeah. i think that's a good idea. work off the extra calories from yesterday a little bit at a time, maybe?

I'm just really disappointed with myself. I've maintained control on my plan from the beginning. This is the first day, in fact, where I've eaten more calories than I'm supposed to. I've been doing really well with avoiding emotional eating... but this was the first time I've been angry, and it was a lot more difficult to control than other times when I've just been bored or sad or whatever else.

I'll get back on the horse today. I've got a good plan, and it's working really well so far. I just need to forgive myself and move on, i guess... thanks for the help, everyone.
Old 03-11-2006, 03:32 AM   #7  
Strong on the inside

WOW! Two days in a row! Tonight I went out to dinner to an Indian place with a friend and ate ENTIRELY too much. Then we went for dessert at the cheesecake factory and I actually ate a slice of 6 carb cheesecake (sweetened with Splenda)... I have got to stop sabotaging my own success here! this is ridiculous!
Old 03-11-2006, 10:44 AM   #8  
It's 2014, I need help!

S/C/G: 298/298/180

The worst thing someone can do when dieting is feel bad for having a 'forbidden food'.. The minute you feel guilty, you feel that you can't do it anymore, therefore you stop dieting all together, than in a day feel horrible about it. So what if you splurged a bit? Did you have fun doing it at least? Just acknowledge what you did, and say to yourself that starting tomorrow, you'll try not to do that again..
Megan2006 is offline   Reply With Quote