Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 03-09-2006, 10:03 AM   #1  

Height: 5"4

Default Is this good or pitiful, I can't decide.......

After posting my latest weigh in results my ticker shows I have less than 100 lbs to lose now. 99 to be exact to get to my goal weight of 130. One one hand I say, hey, less than a hundred whooo hoooo. Then I really think about it and say OH MY GOD I've lost over 30 and still have to lose 99 more...I can't do it!
I've been losing pretty steady and have done well so far, it's just that really seeing in print how much more I have to go is sort of discouraging
cinnamonspice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2006, 10:12 AM   #2  
Shairing her ESH...

S/C/G: 350/321/TBD

Height: 5'6"

This is why sort term goals are so important. If I were to look at the big picture for myself, I would be very discouraged! But if I look at it in small chunks, it's doable!
Jen415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2006, 10:17 AM   #3  
Aleecia

I can totally relate. Earlier this week I felt the very same way. On Tuesday I was so excited to report that I had lost my first 10 pounds, but later that day I looked at it as I've only lost 10 and I still have 80 pounds to go. I think its all in how you look at it.
One thing that did help was I took a calendar for this year and plotted out all of the mini goals that I want to hit. It really put it in a different perspective. If I look at it on a weekly basis or even a monthly basis is appears to be a lot more obtainable. Just a thought.

Congradulations on your weight loss so far and I know you can keep it up.

Leec
Angel33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2006, 10:23 AM   #4  
I'm bringin' SEXY back!!!

Height: 5'3 1/2

Just think about it this way, you've already lost ten pounds three times, now you just have to do it nine more times. You already did 25% of it already. Isn't that cool??
teahoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2006, 10:46 AM   #5  

Height: 5'9

Sweety, of course it's discouraging when you look at it that way!! When I first started this journey, I thought to myself, "There is no way IN **** that I can lose over 100 pounds!" Actually, I thought that way for a while and that is why I waited years to even try. But, then I lost my first 10 pounds and I thought, "Hey, this wasn't so bad. It seems impossible to lose 100 pounds, but I can certainly do this ten more times!"
Make small goals for yourself. Concentrate on losing small amounts of weight at a time.
Don't let yourself get discouraged, it's not worth it. You've already started your journey and although it may be difficult at times, it's all worth it in the end.
You can do this!!!
cemetarysiren25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2006, 10:53 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 160/122/120

I definitely agree that long term goals can be daunting. That's why I buy myself something special (not food, I love jewelry) as a reward for every ten pounds I've lost. I also don't set time limits for weight loss either. I figure as long as I keep doing the best I can, I will lose weight in a reasonable time without the unnecessary pressure.
Goodbye Chubby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2006, 11:01 AM   #7  

Height: 5"4

Thanks girls, I know you all are right. And Tracey, looking at it your way doesn't make it look too tough at all. I've lost 10 lbs 3 times. Just 10 more to go. Just look at it in 10lb increments. Not too bad. Thanks to all of you for the encouragement
cinnamonspice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2006, 11:07 AM   #8  
Calorie-Counting Diva

Height: 5'1"

I can completely relate! But come on, 31 pounds since the day after Christmas? You're doing a wonderful job! Just think, you're a quarter of the way to your goal, and you've "only" been working at it for 3 1/2 months! You're doing great, and you just need to keep going. Short-term goals are your friends!
LadyFirelyght is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2006, 12:11 PM   #9  
Embracing My New Normal

S/C/G: 248/226/135

Darn, everyone above has already said everything I was going to say! So I'll just say Ditto on the short term goals! We can do it!
Less of Lena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2006, 01:26 PM   #10  
Miles

S/C/G: 176/168/135

Height: 5'4"

You're doing great!

I know this may seem silly, but when I think about the big picture for myself (18 lbs lost, 20 left to lose) it seems overwhelming. That's a whole lot less than many people but to me it seems daunting and somewhat impossible. I don't even focus on the overall picture OR minigoals anymore. I just work on my eating and exercising and record my weight and move on with life. I know I'll get to goal some day, shouldn't matter exactly when.
blues4miles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2006, 04:10 PM   #11  
The High-Carb Rebel

S/C/G: 175ish/175ish/145ish

What's the rush? It's coming off pretty fast and it'll only continue You should be happy where you're at, because you're making good progress and you'll only continue to become a happier, healthier person as each day goes by. That's how I keep going. I know that if I stick with it, it'll make me much happier in the long run than a piece of cake that might make me happy for a few minutes.

Good luck <3
lessthansign3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2006, 06:33 PM   #12  

I think the same thing....40 more pounds? How???? But then I think, it doesn't matter if I lose the weight if I just go back to my old habits, which I am basically doing if I keep complaining about the 40 pounds. This is a lifetime change, and as a result, I am going to lose that 40 pounds and maintain a healthy lifestyle. I know some people that it's taken years, but they are there. You have to think of it as a new way of life for the rest of your life. AND I have the mini-goals too...My next goal is to get down to 21.6 pounds (I am at 17.6 now) for a total of 10% body weight lost....Before, I never thought I could do that, and now it's just part of the journey.
Infrogwetrust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2006, 09:56 PM   #13  
Going to ONEderland

I try not to look any farther ahead than the next 3 or 4 pounds. That is why I do 4/3/3 challenges. I aim for 4 pounds lost and then 3, and then 3 more. at the end of that time I've lost 10 pounds. Do that enough times and you are there. Every goal is a success! Every small little baby goal feels wonderful. Every goal takes me closer to the ultimate goal, but I don't really even look at that. I'm not entirely sure where it should be anyway.

I used to think 130, but I have more muscle now than I used to have and I'm not willing to lose muscle just to be lighter. Muscle helps you to keep the weight off, so I'll decide my ultimate goal when I get there. For now 3 or 4 pounds is ALL I'm willing to look at at a time. Why discourage yourself by looking at the big picture?

As I see it, I may never reach that ultimate goal. But every pound I lose makes me healthier and happier with myself. It makes it easier for me to move through my day, it takes more stress off my bones and joints and it gives me more energy to do the things I want and need to do every day. So celebrate EVERY success (even not gaining) and don't beat yourself up about how far you still have to go. Even if you stop before you reach there, you will be happier for every little bit you can let go of.
SherryA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2006, 08:01 AM   #14  
Play that funky music!

S/C/G: 290ish/266/250

Height: 5'4"

I'm with SherryA on this one. Right now my goal is one pound a week. That's all I care to think about is the pound that's in front of me. I did set an end of the year goal of 225, but heck, 40 pounds, that's 40 weeks from now, I can't think about that yet. I can barely plan next week, I'm not going to waste time on 40 weeks down the road!

Right now I'm at 265.5 and 265 looks like a nice neighborhood. I've had some friends tell me that 264 is a really sweet place to hang out, too, so I'm considering going there soon... And that's the trick. I'm not thinking about omg 40 pounds or even worse, 150 pounds, yikes! But a pound? Yeah, I can do that.

Just hang in there and feel the love we bring, baby!

(I am in such a weird mood these days....)

-Lala
dalai_lala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2006, 09:41 AM   #15  

Everything everyone is saying is what I think too! You have done awesome, absolutely awesome! Great job!
MeRam2 is offline   Reply With Quote