South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 03-03-2006, 01:14 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 198/184.5/125

Question Help get from H2..NO to H2O

Hi chickies.

I was having such a down morning (went to get my hair cut and felt so fat sitting in front of that mirror for nearly an hour) - until I got on here and started reading. You guys are way too supportive! In thinking about my behavior goals - I know a big one that I'm not even trying to work on...and I need your help. H2O

I hate the stuff. I know, I know...how can you hate water. It's not normal.

Any tricks to help me drink the full 64 oz a day? I know my Diet Coke doesn't count...but how about Crystal Light? I have a big jug, but I don't even know how many oz are in it!?!?!
ckb1432003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2006, 01:27 PM   #2  

If you Diet Coke has caffeine then it actually means you need to drink more water to offset it. That's why I keep my hot tea with caffeine to one teabag and then switch to decaf. The Crystal Light is good but you really need plain water. There have been lots of posts that explain why it is so important. You can add lemon.

What has helped me lately has been to post in the Behavior goals and note exactly how much water and tea I have been drinking. I also make sure I finish 20 ounces of water before I go and refill my tea. Eating spicy food really helps me to consume more water. I drink a lot then.

I've started keeping 20 ounce bottles of water with me everywhere so I can sip on them. Find the temperature that suits you. In the summer, I like my water icy but this time of year, I prefer room temperature.

And take a measuring cup and use it to measure how much your cup will hold so you know how much it is. I used to think my glass at work was 32 ounces but that was wishful thinking.
Barb0522 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2006, 01:47 PM   #3  

Have you tried adding a touch of lemon juice or wedge? It is quite refreshing and more tolerable if you just "hate" water!
HopefulCA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2006, 01:53 PM   #4  

Cool My Cup

I found a measuring cup in the kitchen at my work! I measured and my jug that I have at work is 32 oz. Can you futher explain to me why plain water is needed over Crystal light?

Would this be ok?
Morning - 2 jugs of water
Afternoon - 1 jug of water w/ crystal light
Evening - Diet Cokes

It might be easier for me if I could treat myself by having Pop at home but water at work...I'll just have to keep in mind that Saturday and Sunday count!
Old 03-03-2006, 02:08 PM   #5  

Thumbs up A Pat on my back

I just drank one jug of water!

I'm freezing and will soon be visiting the potty... but I'm 1/2 way there!
Old 03-03-2006, 02:11 PM   #6  

Great job drinking the water!

Here is one post on why it should be water. I know there is an even better one if I can find it.
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=63094
Barb0522 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2006, 06:05 PM   #7  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Thanks, Barb. You nailed it. It's frankenfood!
Ruthxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2006, 12:35 AM   #8  

I have never been much of a water drinker myself but, I found if the water is right there it makes easier for me to down that instead of say going to the vending machine for a Diet Coke. I keep a giant mug on my desk at work & sip all day...I believe it holds 64 ozs. As a matter of fact, I just bought another one the other day at my local Wal-Mart for $2 because the old one was getting worn out. And when the water goes down even if my scale isn't moving I just feel better...more energized, my skin is more supple, etc.

Sue
Broomy is offline   Reply With Quote