Old 03-03-2006, 09:08 AM   #1  
Step AWAY from the Cake!

S/C/G: 230/220/145

Default Question of the Day for 3/4

Looks like no one's put up a daily question yet, so here goes...

If you were to get married, what would your ideal ceremony/reception be like? You can do a realistic one if you want, or you can pretend that there's an endless supply of money.
ncola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2006, 09:23 AM   #2  
Step AWAY from the Cake!

S/C/G: 230/220/145

Ok, I'll go. My ideal wedding basically remains the same no matter how much money I have. I would like it to take place somewhere between mid-September and early October, someplace pretty and outside, like an arboretum or a garden (there are a few really cool arboretums/gardens in my general area). There really wouldn't be a need for a florist for the reception, since the scenery will be beautiful already. It would be a small ceremony, just family and a few friends, and my sister as my maid of honor (my bridesmaids dresses would be a nice deep burgundy). I would have something simple for music, maybe a trio by a flute, cello, and violin (actually, I have friends who play all three instruments, so I could ask them!) We would recite our own vows, of course, and my bf would wow us all with his sweet eloquence (haha, I only wish).
The reception would also be at the garden/arboretum, in the country house or barn that they usually have at one of those places. The rafters will be wound in burgundy and ivory, and there will be candles everywhere. It'd be a pretty modest gathering, maybe around 75 people. The only thing that would change if I had the money is we would get a really kickin' jazz band to play for the first few hours (a lot of the songs I associate with my bf are older tunes). At the end of the night we'd ride off in a cool antique car (another if-I-had-money things) to a local B&B, where we'd spend the night, and then head off for our honeymoon the next day (I'm between Vegas/Grand Canyon or Italy for the honeymoon).

Sorry about this question, but the bf and I had a whole when-we-get-married talk last night, and it's gotten me thinking!

Last edited by ncola; 03-03-2006 at 09:41 AM.
ncola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2006, 09:24 AM   #3  
Let's do this!

S/C/G: 210/149/140

Height: 5'6.5

Great question! I have been on a daydreaming binge about my wedding as my bf and I are heavily discussing it (I just can't help myself!).

Here it is:

I grew up in a little mountain resort town in Western Colorado. The beauty (and pain) would be that it is a destination wedding for everyone attending. There is a tourist attraction they recently opened up and they built a gondola that goes from the base to the top of this attraction (it's actually a naturally formed cavern called "the Fairy Caves"). The town itself sits at about 5700 feet above sea level and the top is about 8500 or so. The wedding would happen at this elegant restauraunt called "Exclamation Point" (how cool is that?) at the top. The cool thing about it is that the restauraunt has no walls, but picture windows all around so you have a vast view of the Rocky Mountain Range.

The ceremony would be at 4, with a cocktail hour following and dinner at sunset. An 8 piece string quartet plays through the ceremony and a jazz band thorugh dinner. The part that hooks me on this idea? The fact that people get to take a gondola ride to my wedding and in the cars sits a bucket of champaigne and flutes for the guests. And the views are absolutely breathtaking. I like the idea of getting married overlooking the town where I grew up and the moutnains I love.

What a wonderful way to spend 5 minutes, huh?!? Your turn!

Ok, nevermind. you beat me
junebug41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2006, 03:50 PM   #4  
Bida Bida Bida

Height: 5'6''

wow - i am not dating so only a few times do I think of this...
sorry for the lack of questions again - I was completely torn from my computer for a few days too much work (and I tend not to check the site in the presence of others)

so wedding - ok another controversy - I am very unreligious - very - and was jewish...so the fact that I love churches (not for thier religious aspects) but for their archetecture and beauty isn't so much of a mystery but bad when i always think I want to be married in a great big beautiful one. Maybe I have been watching too many movies as well the only temple I have ever loved was in Prague - partially because it was cathedral-like. (oh I guess I mean more cathedral than church)

other than that I have always liked the idea of an outside wedding. In the fall or spring. Or at the top of the mountain I have my guests hike up haha jk.

but having guests ride up in gondalas with flutes of champaign does sound very romantic.
bida is offline   Reply With Quote