Old 03-01-2006, 03:19 PM   #1  

Default Summer Staerters 3-1-06

Thanks Laura
neo98292 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2006, 03:59 PM   #2  
I hate my scale

S/C/G: 173/165/130

well gee there i went and posted on the Feb thread this a.m. thanks Laura & Melissa!
i am just NOT tracking well these days.
Ok what is up with the afternoon i wanna eat everything in sight urges??
Arrgh every afternoon between 3-4 i want to non stop EAT-
so i am diverting from food menu and had some smart pop popcorn but i measured it and made sure i only had 3 cups.
Then i decided to get on here and try to type out my urge to eat.
I can't wait to live in an area i don't have to drive 2 miles in order to take a nice walk - it will be good to walk and do yard work when the urge to eat hits and i'm NOT hungry.
I will be glad when Money stresses are over too - things will be a bit cheaper there - i also need to do a weekly menu there and stick to it so everyone is on the same page on who's cooking and what we are having.
see ya'll later!
p.s I read earlier that by march most have given up on weight loss & exercise-i like to think i am looking forward to spring and keep on going!
Sandi
sandisuze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2006, 04:47 PM   #3  
mmmm.. ice cream

S/C/G: 238/135/125

Height: 5'4"

i went 300 calories over what i planned yesterday so that was not good. grrr. today will be better!
breakfast (280)
yogurt (120)
granola (125)
jelly (35)
lunch (330)
luna bar (170)
prunes (60)
banana (100)
dinner/snack (685?)
not sure yet. depends on dh. but for now let's just say as a guess:
english muffin pizza (225)
2 tacos (300)
peanut butter (100)
prunes (60).........(1295?)
yes, i am a freak that eats plain peanut butter right off the spoon
but not nearly as freakish as some lady this guy at work told me about that has her frappuccino blended with heavy cream and topped with as much whipped cream as will possibly fit under the dome. maybe i have a dieter's mindset but that is disgusting. i actually feel kind of bad handing two chocolate scones and a 500 calorie drink to people that are already 75 pounds overweight. when are people going to wake up and realize it is not ok scarf down 2000 calories just like that? alright, enough of my
cadwell125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2006, 05:51 PM   #4  

Ok I am a drip-I spelled starters wrong and I get to look at it all month lol. I just got off the phone with the caseworker and she is terminating the dependency for kate and I guess I am going to have to adopt logan now. I wish I could just do the third party thing because I do hold out hope that someday Kate will get clean and sober and be a mommy to her kids. She will never be able to keep any children she gives birth to now either. I guess the Daddy of Logan is Matt something and he has no interest in being a parent and I guess he has a pretty hefty criminal record too and he is out of the picture so if it weren't for me Logan would have no one. It is so sad since he is such a wonderful little boy! He so deserves everything!
Melissa
Old 03-01-2006, 07:26 PM   #5  

He has everything he needs it this world because of you Melissa. A real Mom who loves him and takes care of him, and 2 sisters and a big brother.
Laura
LauraB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2006, 02:09 AM   #6  
MOM of 6 great kids!

S/C/G: 272/210.6/155

Height: 5' 7"

Hey Ladies!! Yeah, it's a new month!! I got on the scale this morning and almost fell over! It said 222!! That is 50 pounds gone!! WOW!!! I won't really believe it until it still says it come Monday, but I am still in shock!

I am going to try posting my food intake, but it will be what I have already eaten for the day, not what I will eat. I have found that it doesn't work for me. I never eat what I write down in advance!

Todays food(3/01)
Bfast-
tea w/1 tsp sugar, 1 tbsp milk
1 ww toast w/ICBINB
Snack-
orange
Lunch-
Reeses Caramel PB cup
2 Quaker rice cakes(I know, not a good lunch!!)
Dinner-
Lite caesar salad
Diet coke
Snack-
Ben & Jerrys Frozen Yogurt-GOOD STUFF!!

OOOHHHH---I got a new puppy! He is adorable!! He is a Corgi. My problem is-I cannot think of a name for the poor guy! If I can figure out this new camcorder, I will post a pic, and you all can help me out!

Well, it's bed time!! See ya in the morning!

Kathy
fancyfrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2006, 02:05 PM   #7  

Great job Kathy! That is a great achievement! I like the name Waffles lol don't ask me why.

Ok didn't feel swell yet again and I think I am just going to have to break down and go see dr although that doesn't thrill me at all. I am kind of winging it here since I need to make up menus again and now I am even more anal about getting stuff done in the house since caseworker will be here on monday. I will get my menus done though if nothing else.

Breakfast
WW yogurt smoothie 1pt

Lunch
bologna sandwich 8pts
orange 1pt

Dinner
mexican caserole 6pts
big salad 0pts
2T dressing 2pts
1oz cheese 3pts
1/4c raisins 2pts
23pts of 26

Melissa
Old 03-02-2006, 06:00 PM   #8  

Well hello Ladies, thank god for a new month. I worked out at Curves yesterday and tonight I am getting on my Gazelle I can do 1 mile in 15 minutes, slowly working up to 10, I figure it will take a a couple weeks to do that.
My children suckered me in for a puppy a couple of weeks ago we called him Max, I searched the web for dog names and stil went witha plain Jane name, oh well it works. I have started slowly walking him only about 15 min just to get him used to the leash and the walking, I'm hoping in about 3 more weeks we willbe able to go for good long walks about an hour, that will help with the exercise cause he needs to walk. Well have to go make supper not sure what I'm making yet, i think I need to start making weekly menu's, do they really help??
Ice Princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2006, 07:49 PM   #9  
I hate my scale

OK some days i will post menus in advance and then there are days like today i just have to post what i ate - today was rough anyway - with a memorial service ( i really don't like open casket services) and you kinda run around and help whoever needs it. and tehn you have to be oh so quiet and the phone keeps ringing- then i had to go help oldest daughter move her stuff so she can get out of the crazy house she is in- she only lasted 2 weeks as a nanny- but in her defense the lady was too weird- would say one thing and then change it 10 minutes later. i should be worried about her and all oh my goodness what are you going to do and where are you going to live etc.. but i have enough on my plate and don't have enough energy to worry- she's been told you have to be out by the 18th- we are moving and you need to get it together. there are times i feel like a failure as a parent-
ok today I started off real good:
scrambled Egg whites and turkey bacon on Whole wheat toast
tea
Luna bar
banana
handful of baked lays
3 cups smart pop
handful of kashi heart to heart cereal
chocolate high protein slimfast drink
10 gummy bears( i counted)
orange
nachos made with baked tostitos, chili beans, salsa, FF sour cream, onions and lettuce
licked a teaspoon of peanut butter ( i am the same way candice)

I like the name waffles too- thats cute-
Melissa- i am sorry about kate - i keep praying she'll get it together soon maybe she hasn't hit rock bottom yet and needs that to pull herself out of it.
well i am off to make goodies for the bake sale for the school tomorrow
(and try NOT to lick anymore spoons

Sandi

Last edited by sandisuze; 03-02-2006 at 07:55 PM.
Old 03-02-2006, 09:54 PM   #10  
mmmm.. ice cream

S/C/G: 238/135/125

Height: 5'4"

i am sorry about kate melissa. but at least you don't have to worry about logan's situation anymore. he will have a safe and stable home, so that's good.
sounds like everyone is doing great food-wise. i have been hanging in there, but for some reason i have been starved for the past couple of days. i have been eating the same if not more than i usually do, but i have been really hungry, or maybe just wanting to eat. from overeating for so many years, it's hard for me to tell when i am acutally hungry and when i am just having a craving for something. i think my mistake was buying those cherry flavored prunes the other day. for some reason, they are a major trigger food me. i can eat a whole bag. i knew about this, so i bought a bag of snack packs, but i still couldn't stop craving them.
i am a freakshow. who ever heard of a prune binge?
here's my food for today..
breakfast (340)
yogurt (120)
granola (125)
jelly (35)
prunes (60)
lunch (325)
english muffin pizza (225)
tbsp peanut butter (100)
dinner
as usual, i have no idea. but probably tacos and frozen yogurt, and then maybe a frozen dinner when i get off work. i don't eat very healthy food these days. too lazy to cook. around 1400 calories total for the day is my goal. i stuck with my plan for yesterday pretty much, except i had more prunes and peanut butter. 220 extra calories. darn.
cadwell125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2006, 01:14 AM   #11  
MOM of 6 great kids!

Well, aren't we all slacking today??? Okay, I've been slacking for days I have no excuse! I have not been to Curves all week and I have only made it to the gym once. I went this morning and isn't it weird that you(me) put off exercising but then when you do it, you feel so good? I feel so much better about myself afterwords! Hopefully I will be able to get in tomorrow. Harley (10 yo dd) has softball tryouts in the morning and then.... I get to go meet some people who have a large, beautiful house (with a garage) that they might rent to us!!! I am so excited! Send prayers up that, God willing, we will get the house! I would SO love to have a garden this year, and there is so much room at the house!
I ate terrible yesterday-won't even post the disaster! Today was much better!
Bfast-
tea
1 ww toast w/ICBINB
1 scram. egg

Snack-
apple

Lunch-
1 ww bread w/pb
Smart Start cereal w/1% milk

Dinner-
Turkey
small serving of mashed potatoes w/gravy

Snack-
Light n Fit Vanilla Yogurt
9 Glasses of water

Gotta keep it up if I want to see 222 on the scale come Monday. TOM is here, so I don't want to step on the scale!

I think the puppy is going to be named Porky! He is a little porker!! Not sure yet though, is that terrible? Tomorrow I've had him for a week and he still isn't named!! I also like the name Makita-it means prince, don't know if hubby will go for that! His family was raised with dogs named Maggie, Pepper, Smiley, etc. Nothing real imaginative! My parents raised English Staffordshire Terriers(the short, wide, pitbulls) they all had names longer than mine!

Oh well, I am getting off track-who's track, I don't know!!! My tracks have never run straight, or next to each other!!

Have a great weekend ladies! And I will be back soon, I now have a new computer and FAST internet service!!! (Although if I move to the other house I will have to go back to slow dial-up ) OH WELL!

See ya!!
Kathy
Old 03-04-2006, 12:57 PM   #12  

Well I have no idea what the menu is today except that we are having bbq chicken, corn on the cob and salad but that only totals about 9 pts for the day. I guess for lunch I could do smoothie and piece of fruit. It still puts me way below dailie points. I just don't feel like eating much today which I guess is a good thing?? Still working on the house-I will be so glad when I don't have to worry about caseworkers ect. I guess dependency takes 6 months till completion which I like because it will give Katy another chance to come around. I still haven't heard anything out of her though. Laundry day so I guess you know I have alot to do lol. I would like to see that ticker go DOWN!
Melissa
Old 03-04-2006, 05:31 PM   #13  
I hate my scale

Default It has been crazed!

I am not slacking HONEST!
I didn't get home till after 9:00 last night and i am still fighting this rotten cold/sinus/allergies whatever it is and they are making me nuts!
so i took nighty- night meds and all night
Ok i have decided that some days i can post in advance and other days i have to wing it-
like yesterday was : luna bar and a banana
slimfast High protien shake, apple,
Chick-fil-a GRILLED chicken sandwich, diet coke, smart pop popcorn
licked the wrapper from a chocolate pudding and then ate the chocolate pudding
today so far has been
WW toast w/ PB skim milk,
apple, ham wrap w/ veggies, baked lays, a handful of gold fish crackers, luna bar and dinner will be a burger with salad.

I am stressing over oldest daughter - she believes she has found a place in daytona to live near the BF and is in walking distance/ on the bus route to the mall/hospital/college etc. i hope it all works out- it sounds ok -but i gotta worry- no one ever told me it was this hard having older kids and letting them go not knowing if they are gonna be ok or not. at least living up there the busses run every 20 minutes unlike down her where we may get a bus every whenever they feel like running
i even made time to thursday

well the bikers are in town- we have another week of busy roads, crazed locals trying to run over bikers and loud parties and half naked women. i like the bikers tho as they seem to be more friendly than the race fans.

well i will try to check in tomorrow- MY kitchen is ALL PACKED - except for what i have to have to function - it is either packed or GONE to good will or freecycle- my bedroom is almost done too- and my closets are BARE- can't find my kitchen tabel but i'm having a bit of fun now as opposed to stress over it all - still have room if someone wants to volunteer to come and help me pack:wink: (it's in the upper 70's and we're 5 minutes from the beach)
have a great night all !
Sandi
Old 03-04-2006, 07:39 PM   #14  

Yes Ice weekly menus work. Not only does it save on the grocery bill but it also gives you an idea of what you will have ahead of time instead of waiting until starved and go for quick food.

Kathy I hope hope hope you get that place to rent. I can't imagine how it feels to not be sure where you are going to live and I say dialup is better than no up. Porky is cute name too btw.

Sandi adult kids are harder than young ones and it is because the control is gone that used to be there. When they are young, you moniter where they are what they do and can stop most all the silly stuff kids do and keep them safe but when they grow up, you have to most of the time just sit and watch and hope for the best. I know you aren't slacking-moving is a busy deal and I am impressed you managed to get on your bike!
Melissa
Old 03-04-2006, 08:22 PM   #15  
MOM of 6 great kids!

It was a joke!! I wasn't really implying that any of ~you~ were slacking-JUST >>ME<<!!! And I still am Haven't been to Curves or the gym today. The girls are at the movies right now, so maybe when they get home I can talk them into watching McKenna and Sam while I go to the gym. I have ate OP all day though, so I am happy! Being stressed out over not knowing if we will get the house usually would send me to the food, but I REALLY want to see good numbers on the scale Monday. The lady said she will let me know either way sometime this evening. Hubby and I have already talked about it though, and I will not get upset this time. It's not worth it. When we complain about our circumstances, we are complaining about what God has given us. All we can do is see what He provides for us! I see that in you Melissa! You very rarely complain about those precious children you've been given. You are such a strong woman! We all admire you so much!

My food for the day-
Bfast-smart start cereal w/1% milk, tea, small apple
Lunch-1 ww bread w/PB, handful of kids cereal
Dinner-Grilled chicken ceasar salad from McD, brought home and put my own FF dressing on it!! Diet coke
4.5 glasses of water so far
I will probably eat something later, it's only 5:17. I will try, though, to not eat after 8 pm!

Okay-puppy is now named "Trouble"! It's his favorite thing!! I still haven't got the camcorder out though! I still need to read the dang manual to figure out how to do the still pictures. I think I need to buy a bigger memory card though-any one know anything about this stuff??? It came with an 8MB. Someday I'll figure it out?

Well, the movie is almost over, gotta go pick up the girls. I'll check back in if the people call about the house!

Kathy