Old 03-01-2006, 01:14 PM   #1  

Default 30 Something to Lose 30 Something - March

This is a group of 30 somethings who have 30 or more lbs to lose.
katnol60601 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2006, 01:25 PM   #2  

Yeay - it seems to have worked. I couldn't remember all that Michelle wrote so I shortened it significantly.

A new month - a fresh start. I'm bummed that I had to move my ticker back to the beginning, but what do I expect when I haven't been watching what I eat or exercising or anything. So... time to pick self back up.

My Mom actually teaches HS chemistry if you have any questions I can try to help you out. It's really the only way I made it through Chemistry. It's a tough subject and there's lots to remember. I have loads of classes that I don't use either - I guess they just want you to understand the basics. Good luck with your studying and hang in there.

So far I'm doing ok op today. Tonight will be the real test when I go home to a sick child and a cranky hubby who has been home with aforementioned sick child all day. I'm supposed to run home though - and that usually puts me in a fairly good mood. I just love being able to get somewhere on my own 2 feet. Ya know?

Have a great day!
Old 03-01-2006, 10:13 PM   #3  

Hey Kat,

We made it. I'm so glad you started the thread cause I probably couldn't. anyways, I agree new month, new start. My husband and I have been invited to Florida at the end of April for 2 weeks. I'm looking ofrward to going but I am determined to fit into my 2 piece suit that I used to wear before kids. Wish me luck.

The only part of the trip I'm not looking forwrd to is the drive with 2 small children and 1 husband who can hardly make an hour long trip with the kids without losing his temper. I think I'll invest in some really good earplugs.

Kudos for staying on plan, I need a good kick in the a-- to get back op. I'll start again on Sunday morning with my walk and watching what I eat. I have 15 more days before I get measured and weighed again so I better behave.

I had to take my daughter upto the hospital the other day. She's full of infection, chest, ears, throat and eyes. Poor thing, I hope your little one is feeling better, there's nothing worse than a sick child, it makes my heart ache.

Thanks for the offer of help for my Chem, once I pick up the books again I might take you up on your offer. I guess I should have taken it when I was in high school but who knew way back then that I'd need it now. After all I was going to journalism school and you don't need Chem for that. Oh well, no more complaining.

Have a great night,

Dawn
DawnJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2006, 09:38 AM   #4  

Dawn,

Bikini is a foreign word for me. I haven't worn a 2-piece since 1988!

Do you have a DVD player for your car? I think I saw one at Target that was fairly cheap and had 2 screens - that would probably help your kids on the long drive down. When I was little, we would drive to FL (16 hr trip) and my parents would pack us up and leave in the middle of the night. We'd wake up and be in Georgia. I'm not sure if it would be worse to be completely wiped out from being up all night though.

I have a wedding to go to in May - so we can make the end of April a mini-goal target... that sounds strange. You know what I'm trying to say, yes? I'll have to think of some goals to post.

I was op yesterday, ran 2 miles, then got home and dh had made the kids pizza for dinner. There was some left on the stove. Gave the kids their bath, got them ready for bed and in to bed... I was just hungry and couldn't resist. Why can't pizza and cheeseburgers be the foods that are good for you?

Back to work. I hope your daughter is feeling better and that the hospital wasn't too scary for her. My oldest was back to his high-energy self this morning... rolling on the floor saying that he wanted to be a baby again. I tried to explain that if he was a baby, I wouldn't be able to understand him because he wouldn't be able to talk - but this did not deter him. Crazy kid.
Old 03-03-2006, 10:48 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 188/188/145

Height: 5'5''

Happy Friday, everyone!
I am sorry that I have been MIA lately........I've been busy trying to sell my house. I have another showing today (that makes it 10 in a little over 20 days). The stress is killing me, and my diet. I'm afraid that I've regained all my weight. I have to change my ticker, but I only have a few minutes to post, so I'll do it later. AUGH!! I am so stressed and depressed. The house we are building will be completed by May (God forbid, maybe earlier) and if this house isn't sold by then, we will have to get a bridge loan. And I know better then to take the fact that my house hasn't sold personally......but I am taking it personally!! I feel so rejected. And worried. And too many other emotions to write here. So I eat. And then I feel more depressed when I see myself in the mirror. And it all starts again. God, I need some good news. I need to sell this house!

Thanks for listening, and congrats to all of you who are doing so well with your diets and excercise!
Nancy
backtome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2006, 08:45 AM   #6  

Hey Nancy - great to hear from you! Buying and selling houses is totally stressful no matter which side of the transaction you're on. Hang in there! It'll sell. I'm sending you sell-my-house good vibes.

Have you guys ever played Chutes and Ladders? My weight seems to be playing and is stuck in the loop where you move X-number of places, land on the chute and are right back to where you started. I was doing well last week and then we had a b-day party for my youngest this weekend where half the people didn't show up at the last minute for various reasons so we had a ton of left-overs... sigh. Why am I having such a hard time getting going?

I think I will go back and focus on the exercise challenge that we had going before. What was it? A for every 30 minutes of exercise/day? Ok - this week's goal: 5 bananas.

I hope you guys had a good weekend. It snowed here but I think it's supposed to warm up this week and shouldn't be here for long. I'm ready for the Spring.
Old 03-07-2006, 08:49 PM   #7  

So far so good. Ran/walked this morning. Now, I'm pooped and off to bed at 8:00 pm. Sad, but otherwise I will sit on the couch, watch TV and eat - I think sleeping is the better choice. And cleaning can wait.

BTW, did you guys know that Quaker has come out with a breakfast cookie? They were passing them out downtown in the morning on my way to work. They ROCK!!! 180 calories and 5, count them 5 grams of fiber! Someone was reading my mind.

Weekly count
Old 03-08-2006, 08:45 AM   #8  

Hi everyone,

Sorry its been so long since I've posted, life has beenm so busy lately. we are trying to get more money from the bank to expand our business and they are making us jump through hoops. They say we have too much consumer debt, I really don't think so. So we had to refiance our mortgage to get rid of that (thus a house appraisal), and then resubmit the business loan. Good news though, everything went through. Thank goodness.

I'm also trying hard to get my upgrading done by the end of the month. I'm so stressed about my chemistry, I have a Sociology exam tomorrow (hope there's freezing rain).

The kids have been sick, Sarah is feeling better thank goodness, except she fell down the stairs the other day. She's fine, I think mum was in worse shape. Nathan has been complainng of a headache, and he has a fever so no school today.

Anyways no more complaining. I've started to walk again, 1 hour Monday, plus Curves. Tuesday, Curves only, today, going to try and walk later, Curves tonight.

I agree Kat, we should try and do the extra cardio thing again maybe it will motivate all of us. Until then let's concentrate on the end of April for our mini goals. I'm going to say down 15 lbs and maybe 10 inches by then. I think that's doable provided I can stay away from the cc cookies in the house. I had 8 last night, that 600 cals!!!! There goes all my exercise.

Nancy, good luck with your house, my sister just sold hers and she was so stressed out until it sold, I'm sure the perfect buyer will come through soon and see what a gem you have. We bought our house in Feb and couldn't move in until the end of April cause the owners couldn't get into their new house for some reason until then. (long story, ugh) It was so hard to drive past the road to our new house, to my old house 45 mins away for those two months. I was in a bad mood everyday. Instead of a 10 min commute I had an hour.

Anyways, I appear to have written a book. Talk to you all later.

Dawn

PS: Kat, I am thinking of buying the portable DVD players here at Wal-mart. I don't think I'll make the drive to Flordia wihtout them. I'd lose my mind. We though about driving at night but by the time we get there we'd be exhausted so we're not sure yet. Can't wait to go though!!!
Old 03-09-2006, 02:09 PM   #9  

Horray! The scale has finally moved. I also updated my signature to reflect our 2-month goal.

Dawn it sounds like you're doing great with exercising. Way to go!

I glad things are working out for your business and I hope the kids are feeling better. Good luck with your sociology exam - let us know how it goes.

Weekly Banana Update:
Old 03-11-2006, 10:00 AM   #10  

Good morning all,

It's been so crazy around here lately. Kat - way to go on the loss , I check in next week, am a bit worried because I haven't been walking or eating properly this past few weeks. I think AF is coming and that means I want to eat anything in sight, espeically anything sweet.

We had freezing rain here the other day so my exam was cancelled.
Have to write on Monday now, but it gives me some time to review my notes again. I'm going into the exam with a 93% so even if I bomb I should be okay.

Starting Monday morning, back to walking, no excuses.I'm also going to try the Slim-fast program, I did it years ago and lost 15 lbs, plus it looks like they've changed the program quite a bit, you can eat more now. I just want to jump start everything again.

Anyways better go, Sarah's still not feeling well, she was running a fever of 102.6 yesterday but it seems to have broken this morning. I'm sure she'll be better if not I'll see the doc on Monday.

Have a great weekend, talk to you soon.

Dawn
Old 03-13-2006, 08:54 AM   #11  

Monday, Monday... another week is here. Is it me or does time seem to be flying by?

Dawn I'm sorry your little one is still sick. I hope she's finally better now. And congrats that your exam was postponed - although if you have a 93%, I'm sure you're not going to bomb! Best of luck though. (Where are the Irish smilies?)

Although I got a decent amount of walking in, my weekend eating plan was not very good either and AF is also around the corner for me. The plan this week is to stick with it and not get discouraged that the scale hasn't moved. Goal for this week: 5 bananas. Let us know how the Slim-fast goes.

Hope everyone has a great week!
Old 03-20-2006, 07:50 AM   #12  

Default Its Spring Today!!!

Hello Kat,

We've been away for a few days, sorry I haven't gotten the chance to write. I took the kids to Toronto to see my folks. We had a good time but its nice to be home too.

I weighed in and measured at Curves the other day, my weight was up (boo) not by much on 1.2 lbs so that could have been anything. But I lost 4 more inches (woo hoo) I'm happy but it's taking so long. I was doing well the n=beginning of the week withmy Slim fast, but once I got to my mum's it was too hard, so back on the horse today.

Only 3 more weeks to Florida, I'm super excited, we haven't had a real holiday since we got married 5 years ago. I am stil hoping to be down a few more pounds by then so I am determined to stick with the program until we leave.

How's everything on your end? Hope the family is well and that you are staying op. Just think Spring is here today!!! (As I look outside and still see snow covering my backyard)

Well gotta go, Sarah just got up and is screaming her head off.
Talk to you later.

Dawn
Old 03-21-2006, 04:53 PM   #13  

Hey Dawn,

Sounds like a good weekend. I love Toronto - it's a beautiful city.

I'm doing ok on this end. I've been busy too and haven't checked in so don't worry about it. AF was in town last week so it was enough of a job to keep the cravings at bay. I KNOW WI this Sat is going to be good though - I've been exercising lots and watching the calories. Keep your .

4"!! That's great! Keep up the good work and I know you'll lose some more lbs by vacation time.

Weekly bananas:
Monday:
Tuesday:
Old 03-28-2006, 02:45 PM   #14  

Hey Dawn... and any lurkers out there. Just a quick post. I think I'm going to sign-off for awhile. I'm really more of a once a week poster and I feel like the group has fallen apart. Probably like a New Year's resolution, huh? Maybe I will see you in a different group. Keep up the good work and take care.

Peace.
Old 03-28-2006, 06:37 PM   #15  

Hey Kat,

Just a short note to say goodbye, I don't know what happened to everyone but it's hard for it to be only us because like you I haven't been able to get on as much lately. Take care and good luck to you in the future I know we'll both get to our goal someday. Maybe we'll meet again in another room someday.

Best wishes.
Dawn