Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 02-28-2006, 11:48 PM   #1  
I'm a Weight Watcher Now

S/C/G: 200/165/144

Height: 5'3"

Lightbulb Videos vs. The Gym

Do you guys prefer exercise videos at home or going to a gym? What do you think works best?
Mylifeinthemovie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2006, 12:03 AM   #2  
Embracing My New Normal

S/C/G: 248/226/135

If I had to choose, I'd choose the gym over home videos. Videos are too regimented for my taste. Exactly the same thing every time you do it. I prefer the flexibility to do my own thing and change up on a moment's notice.
Less of Lena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2006, 12:44 AM   #3  
One life, live it well

S/C/G: 304|ticker|160

Height: 5'6½

I also prefer going to the gym. But my babies have been catching one cold after the other (from the gym's childcare room more than likely!) over the past couple months, so I've spent alot of time doing dvd's at home. I get bored very easily, so I have quite a variety of them I alternate between. Everything from The Biggest Loser to Winsor Pilates to Kickboxing to Tahitian Cardio to WATP. They all work. I just feel like I get a better workout on the machines for some reason. I know I sweat a heck of alot more at the gym.
Nori71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2006, 01:05 AM   #4  
Livin' La Vida Mocha

Gym, definitely! I do an hour long kickboxing class 2 nights a week, and I can't imagine doing it at home. Every room we have (other than the kitchen and bathrooms) is carpeted, for one thing. I like the escape of going to the Y for this class too.
TribeFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2006, 06:53 AM   #5  
used to be tofat

S/C/G: 189/128.5/130

Height: 5' 3 1/2"

Gym without a doubt. I take a variety of classes at my gym and ALWAYS feel I get a better workout than at home. I think it is either one of two things.
1. I am very competitive and wont be the SLACKER in front of others,
2. There is room to move around as opposed to my smallish living room
Plus, I get to see a few friends most days at the gym so we can chat after class.
ArtsyGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2006, 10:20 AM   #6  

For me videos are so much more conveinant, I can do my own thing and I can have someone guide me every step.
fikustrees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2006, 10:39 AM   #7  

i like a little of everything.

if i had classes to go to at the gym i would like that. i would especially like being able to go to a variety of classes.

i like that the dvds let me do them whenever i want (ie. first thing in the morning or right before bed or whenever)

i also occasionally like going to the gym and doing my own thing (ie. elliptical, walking on track)

i think it's key to change up your exercise routine every once in a while, so it doesn't become just that--routine.

canadian*girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2006, 01:25 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 312/174/150

GYM...no question!!
Burgie is offline   Reply With Quote