Closed Thread

Old 02-28-2006, 10:28 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 258/ticker/135

Height: 5'3

Unhappy Rejected by work life insurance because of weight..

I got a letter in the mail yesterday saying the extra $10,000 in life insurance I asked for thru work is rejected because of my height vs. my weight.
Never thought that would happen. Makes me feel terrible. Like, hey fat ***, you could croak any day. Oh well, at least I'm 31 and can change now before I get diabetes, high blood pressure, or a heart attack like the rest of my family. I've done good so far this year. I started Jan. 1st to make small improvements. I cut way back on diet pop. I barely drink one a day. I now drink water and crystal light. I joined weight watchers and have lost close to 20 pounds. At 25 pounds lost I'll have reached my 10% target. I haven't missed a meeting. This week I've been super sick with a bad head and chest cold so I went to my meeting and I weighed in. I'm up .2 pounds. The outfit I usually wear was dirty and I was too sick to make sure it was clean so I wore a heavy top and jeans and I usually wear jogging pants and a light shirt. Oh well. Naked on the scale at home I'm down so I'll worry about it at my weigh in next week. Just the life insurance thing brought me back a step.
Old 02-28-2006, 11:04 PM   #2  
Tired of lettuce!

Height: 6 flippin' feet tall!

Poor thing! I'm proud of you, and I know the other chickies here are too! You've done a great job so far losing weight!!!!!
Old 02-28-2006, 11:12 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 196/159.6/150

Height: 5'7.5"

That is so ridiculous and offensive! A thin person is just as likely to have an accident as a bigger person, so why are they discriminating against you?! Grrrr. But I guess all you can do is keep plugging away-- you're doing fabulously, by the way!-- and prove them all wrong.
Old 03-01-2006, 06:47 AM   #4  

S/C/G: See tracker

Height: 5'5"

Melody, If I were you I'd use this to motivate me. You shouldn't get upset over this and try harder to loose the access weight and try to apply for the insurance again
Old 03-01-2006, 07:27 AM   #5  
Slow and Steady

That's terrible.
I agree with JigglyBits. Use this experience to inspire you. When you get down to an "insurable weight" (arggghhhh!!!) go apply for insurance from some other company. It will be this insurance company's loss because they will miss out on all those premiums that you would have paid to them over your very long and healthy lifetime!
Old 03-02-2006, 02:16 PM   #6  

Ditto what everyone else said. Keep your chin up and focus on the healthy lifestyle changes that you are making right now. You will prove them wrong!
Old 03-02-2006, 04:06 PM   #7  

To be Honest I think that is TOTALLY absurd.
Your NOT that HEAVY ... if that little thing in your signature is how much you started out at .... I think that is way WRONG.

I could see it if you were 400 + pounds ....

But LOTS of people are in the 2's ....

WHO CARES... Jerks!!!!

Keep it up though it sounds like you are really determined and are doing a great JOB !!!!!
Old 03-04-2006, 12:57 PM   #8  
onmyway

A couple of years ago the place that I had been getting pedicures at for about a year told me they couldn't service me anymore because their insurance wouldnt cover me. I was mortified, I cried but it's weird because they are 2 doors away from where my WW meetings are held and my mom said when you get skinny you can go back, I said there is no way they will ever see a dime of my money again
Closed Thread