Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 02-28-2006, 07:40 PM   #1  
Powered by tofu

S/C/G: 207/203/140ish ??

Height: 5'4''

Smile I have a workout schedule

I’ve been having issues with consistency as far as going to the gym, so I figured that I need to get something down that is scheduled so it’s not so easy to say “eh, I just don’t feel like it today” or “I don’t have time”. If something’s on a “schedule” then it’s “official” right? It took some experimenting but I’ve been able to hold this down for a couple weeks so I think it might stick :

Sat or Sun: 1 hr yoga class
Mon and Thurs: ridiculously early 1 hr lap swim (2500-2800 yards)
Tues and Fri: after work 33 min on elliptical and 1 hr weight training circuit

I also walk my dog anywhere between 15 min and 1 hr every day depending on who’s turn it is/who feels like taking him out on his longer evening walk.

Well, there you have it. It’s a schedule and now I’ve posted it, which means I really have to do it! If there are any trainers here or just anyone with a lot of knowledge about exercise and weight loss I’m open to suggestions and ideas as well.

How long do you generally stick with a regimen before you need to change it up? I’ve heard that your body can get “used to” a certain type/amount of exercise.
shananigans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2006, 08:04 PM   #2  
takin it one lb at a time

That's a great idea to have a schedule! I should totally do that too, thanks for the idea

Whenever you start getting bored with your schedule... or it's getting really easy... just switch it up!
x0xmelissax0x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2006, 08:18 PM   #3  

Generally, you should change your routine and exercises every 4-6 weeks. You need a couple of weeks with one exercise in order for your body to adapt to it, and to progress.

However, that's just a guide. Some people do well changing the exercises every workout, while others change it as they choose.

I personally need a log, otherwise I don't remember what I did last time, or what I'm supposed to do this time. I change the exercises every 3-4 weeks.
northernbelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2006, 11:21 PM   #4  
Ilene the Bean

shananigans -- planning is the best thing you can do, whether it be planning your food by writting out your menu and daily calorie intake or writting out you exercise routing and putting it in your day planner, writing your workouts down too... it all works...."If you fail to plan, you plan to fail" ... that's my moto...
Ilene is offline   Reply With Quote