Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 02-27-2006, 02:07 AM   #1  

Wink Weekly Chat ~ Feb 27 to Mar 5

Hi everyone

Welcome to a new week

I had another session today if acupuncture. He tells me that my liver energy is improving! We'll see...

I heard today from the salsa dance instructor. She is starting new classes in 2 weeks time. she must be ambitious – she has 3 different classes starting on different days. I told her I’d done salsa but she reckoned there are different types of salsa and I wouldn’t have learned proper latin salsa. Who knows? So anyway I look forward to starting that

Did obedience class tonight with my dog. I want her to learn to walk better on a lead but also to be more confident with strange dogs. Off now to cook steak for dinner. Night all
sweet_pea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2006, 02:21 AM   #2  

Marie - do you breed your huskies? they are not a common breed here in New Zealand
Old 02-27-2006, 08:32 AM   #3  
Pending Email Confirmation

Hello....

Well Its been a really bad couple of days for me.... but I am trying to get back on track. I've had to increase my AD back to 40mg but I know now what I need to do to resolve this depression once and for all.
Mazarin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2006, 08:36 AM   #4  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Good Morning,

Hi Alison, its good to see you, sorry for the rough days hope your feeling better.

Sweetpea, enjoy your salsa dancing (does it come w/chips?) just kidding. It sounds very sexy.

We had a rough weekend, MIL is back in the hospital...long story... they did emergency surgery and removed some of her intestins b/c of a blockage. They told us saturday night they werent sure she was gonna make it...but dang !!! that little frail woman is like a mac truck... strong like a bull

Boss is here and wasn't supposed to be...darn !!!

Have a great successful week... HUGS !!
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2006, 08:40 AM   #5  
Pending Email Confirmation

Thanx Leenie..... I have finally decided once and for all to move house.... it's gonna be the only way I can resolve these issues and try and gain back the 5years I have lost living here.

I hope to have moved sometime in April! Please keep everything crossed for me.
Mazarin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2006, 10:41 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 209/179/160

Height: 5'3"

good morning gang

the sun is finally shining here this morning and boy am I glad to see it. I could just stand outside and soak it in - but I have to work instead.

Leenie - so sorry to hear about your MIL's health problems. Hope she has a better week - hope you do to!

Sweetpea - you sound like a busy little bee! have fun!

Hey Mazarin - haven't seen you in awhile. Hope the move helps with everything.

MMarie - your money reward system sounds like a good one!

Cin - it was so good to see a post from you over the weekend.

Hope everybody has a blessed day!

hugs,
Cathy
cathyxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2006, 11:14 AM   #7  
The High-Carb Rebel

S/C/G: 175ish/175ish/145ish

Hey there everyone. I hope you all had a good weekend. Mine wasn't too hot I was really tired and depressed most of the time... Then yesterday I had a stomach ache all day so I hardly ate anything until that night and I just ate everything in sight. I kept it mostly within my diet and I'm sure because I didn't each much before then that I didn't consume any extra calories but I still felt bad! I had bad stomach cramps still, too. It's no fun.

Today I'm going shopping. Whee.
lessthansign3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2006, 02:42 PM   #8  
Lifelong Journey Member

Height: 5' 6"

Morning everyone. I have today off so I'm being a bum, sitting in front of my light box. I've been knitting and surfing the internet. I don't have a lot of ambition, but I'm hoping the afternoon will bring some energy. At least I need enough to exercise.

Sweetpea, no I don't breed my babies. That had been the plan, but my Alaskan Husky was diagnosed with severe hip dysplasia at 10 months old. so I had her spayed. She would have made a wonderful mommy. she is so in to the the Grandbaby, it's funny. Since she was not puppy mommy material, we had the Siberian Husky neutered. So all my dogs can't have babies. One day, I sure would like to do that.

Enjoy shopping lessthan. I love to shop on the internet. I don't like stores much because I'm an impatient person and slow moving people drive me nuts. So I'm best at home. I take it you didn't get to play hockey yesterday.

Leenie, sorry about the boss being there. That's always a bummer. Work hard, chickie.

Cathy, enjoy the sun. Our period of gorgeous weather seems to have left for your neck of the woods. We're back to rainy, bleak weather. But I can still walk thanks to WATP!

Maz, hope you start feeling better and my fingers are crossed that your move goes well. I'd hate to move. I figure the only way I'm leaving my house is feet first.

Have a great Day!!!!!!
Marie
Marie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2006, 06:17 PM   #9  
The High-Carb Rebel

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMarie
Enjoy shopping lessthan. I love to shop on the internet. I don't like stores much because I'm an impatient person and slow moving people drive me nuts. So I'm best at home. I take it you didn't get to play hockey yesterday.

Have a great Day!!!!!!
Marie
Nope I felt too tired to go. I hope the arena is still open next weekend so I can still get in there to skate before they close up for the season. Shopping was fun, though! I bought a couple new sweaters, one of which makes me very happy because it's so warm.

<3
Old 02-27-2006, 08:20 PM   #10  

good afternoon everyone. tuesday afternoon here and it's a muggy overcast day so i have reluctantly come inside

I checked out the distance I am walking. The most I have done is 2.8km which is exactly half of the walk I will be doing this weekend so I hope I can make it. I put myname down for a "fun" walk. If I find someone to walk with that will make it easier. Walking on your own can be discouraging. The other thing is I have to be there at 8am. I’m rarely compos mentis (or even awake) at that hour of the day so that will be a big challenge! Have to get up early have breakfast and go down there. Might even be earlier than that as we have to catch a bus to the starting point. Holy cow. I better start looking after myself, not just my exercise but early nights and better eating so I am in better shape to cope with this.

The salsa should be fun. I will be crossing my fingers there are lots of men there. Often there are more women and so we have to take turns to dance and stand out some of the time which is boring!

my eating has not been good. I definitely need to work on that

Hey Alison - good luck with the move. I hope that is the solution to your troubles. It will be great to get it sorted out

Leenie - that is scary. I hope you have good news soon for your MIL

Cathy - enjoy the sunshine. it's great for the mood

less than - glad to hear you got your shopping done and bought something you like

Marie - my eldest golden has elbow dysplasia so she wasn't able to be bred from, and there is a lot involved in it so i decided that it was probably too much for my stress levels. dogs are such wonderful company. i honestly don't know what i'd do without my dogs and cat. enjoy your day!
Old 02-28-2006, 01:03 AM   #11  

I’m in a funny state. I bought chicken for dinner but I think I’ll make pizza instead. Going really indecisive about whether to go with pizza or chicken. Gave a lot of thought to buying some wine even tho that’s a track I know I shouldn’t go down.

One part of me wants to kill people another just wants to cry.
Old 02-28-2006, 07:49 AM   #12  

Gosh Leenie, I'm sorry to hear about your MIL! From what I remember you saying through the years, she is a tough woman. Bless her heart!

Same stuff here. It's cold and we're expecting some rain-changing-to-snow tomorrow. Am sewing and baking and waiting for my new bread machine to arrive. My old one went beserk ans makes bricks.

Oh, got a R story for you all!! We have some late Fall kittens that survived because of a good mama, a mild winter and extra treats from us. Their names are Half-and-Half and Owlie. Well...yesterday, on our way home from the doctor, shopping and lunch, R tells me he found Owlie shivering in the snow and bloody. I'm thinking he got attacked. I asked R where the kitten was and he told me IN THE BACK ROOM in a garbage can with a heavy rug. I then asked what he had in mind for this feral animal. Well....Owlie is now in a cage in the back room, with litter, food, water, towels and a heating pad and the cage is covered with a blanket! He checked this AM and kitty is doing all right. The wound is not bleeding, so tomorrow kitty returns to the outside. No, I do NOT want another cat in the house!
Tippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2006, 10:37 AM   #13  
The High-Carb Rebel

Sweet Pea - Good luck with your walking!! 8 AM is too early for you?! I really wish our school would realize that 8 AM is too early!! I hate having to be to school so early and I'm always so sleepy in my morning classes.

Tippy - Here in south-central Minnesota we're looking at some snow coming in tomorrow, too. I wish it would just rain. I want it to be spring!! Yesterday was so beautiful that it made me want winter to be over with once and for all. They say March is the snowiest month, though

Nothing too exciting is going on with me today. I'm seeing my psychiatrist this afternoon, which I am actually looking forward to. He's really cool. I'm really frustrated recently because I feel awfully forgotten among my friends. Some of them have been real sweet, but others just don't even acknowledge that I still exist. Sure, I haven't been going out as much in the last few months but now that I'm feeling better I really want to see them! Especially my friends who have been away at college this last year. I haven't heard anything from them since winter break and when they were home this last weekend nobody bothered to call or anything I hate feeling so forgotten...
Old 02-28-2006, 11:41 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 209/179/160

Height: 5'3"

good morning gang

busy here at work - but wanted to say HI

and hope everybody has a great day!

hugs,
Cathy
cathyxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2006, 02:06 PM   #15  
CIN

Hi Gals
It is sunny and beautiful in Kentucky today!

Leens..hope you MIL continues to improve..it is a rough surgery.I know first hand!

WW meetings continue to thrive...thank goodness. I am heading back to work in a few minutes.

I am looking forward to Spring.

Hubby & I are going to Florida mid March for an entire week.I can hardly wait!

Later taters
CIN is offline   Reply With Quote