South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 02-26-2006, 08:40 PM   #1  

Default Day 1 on phase 2

I had 2 fruit servings today and a teensy bit of shredded carrots in my lunchtime salad - I'm a big fan of prepackaged salad green mixes. That might be a bit much to add, but I was on phase 1 for 4 weeks and I guess I missed my fruit!
I discovered one thing. I had joined this direct sales company that sells gourmet mixes, and I had a sugar free chocolate cookie package. It called for cream cheese (I used Neufchatel) and margarine and peanut butter. I wanted to curb the nuts so I used mashed black beans instead. I should have followed instructions. I think I need to make the bean cake instead!
Entered everything in FitDay and only came to 1355 calories. I think I'll add a half cup of nonfat cottage cheese, though. 1355 isn't a whole lot. Then a pot of Sleepytime herb tea with Splenda and I'm toddling off to bed. Back to work tomorrow!
Old 02-26-2006, 08:56 PM   #2  

you done did good Bear girl! Since you are using fitday it will be easier for you to watch your calories... and to see how certain ph2 foods effect your weight..
Old 02-27-2006, 08:51 AM   #3  
Helloooo? Treats, please!

Great job! I can lose just as much in P2 as in P1 if I'm careful and don't cheat. You'll love P2, lots of good food choices but you just have to watch you're portions... but if you're counting calories then you already are! Good luck!
Old 02-27-2006, 11:19 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 198/184.5/125

Smile Also starting Phase II

Hi garysbear girl

I also started Phase II, but I'm doing more of a Phase 1.5. Sadly, though, I haven't added anything back in. I just don't know where to start. I looked at the food guide and all I want is FF/SF Pudding and chocolate.

I could handle WW bread (and I did buy some at the store) but I'm not sure where to add it. A sandwich for lunch just doesn't sound as filling as the chili's that I've been eating. I need to try some fruit yogurt. Any other advice (I'm not a big fan of carrots or fruit).

Also, HB wants to go out next weeked for a BBQ/Drinks. I'm going to take along my own veggies and chicken to grill. Any ideas of how to handle the alcoholic drinks? (I like fruity drinks).

Great job on Phase I - we can make it through Phase II!
Old 02-27-2006, 09:19 PM   #5  

I think you may want to consider some retraining of your palate. Some things should be just rare treats, like Whitman's chocolates or take out pizza with extra cheese (my weaknesses).
As far as alcohol goes, a woman shoul dhave no more than 1 drink a day, a man no more than 2, according to something I read in Prevention. A llot of those fruity drinks are nothing more than sugar on steroids. The healthiest alcoholic beverage is wine, and not the sweet dessert wines, either. Red table wine is good for the heart, but if you can't stomach it, try a white Zinfandel. Make the wine into a spritzer by adding fizzy water. When I was in the Navy, I was stationed in southwestern Spain. The Spaniards made a spritzer out of red wine they called a "tinto." Fill an iced tea glass with ice cubes. Add red table wine and then they used a mixer called Casera that was sweetened with saccharin. The closest thing we have is Diet 7Up or Diet Sprite. Of course, many people make the choice not to drink alcohol at all.
Go to a farmer's market and check out the new strawberries when they're first in eason. In summer, buy your peaches from a farmer's market or farmer on the side of the road - much better than supermarket peaches.
Point is, be willing to try some new things. just insist on the best quality. SOmetimes supermarket fruit just doesn't cut it, anyway.
Old 02-28-2006, 08:31 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 198/184.5/125

Thank you garysbeargirl. Your ideas were wonderful!! I will have to try your spritzer. Maybe with some of the fresh farmer fruit!!
Closed Thread