General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Closed Thread

Old 02-26-2006, 08:12 PM   #1  

Default plastic surgery

I am planning on a tummy tuck and breast augmentation now that I have lost 50lb and am very happy with my weight. The "belly" is just out of control. Anyway, my husband is all for it, but I don't know what to say if anything to the rest of my family(parents, siblings, friends, ect) I guess I feel like it is kind of selfish, but I want this done. Any ideas from people that have been there or others with a say?
Old 02-26-2006, 08:25 PM   #2  
Slimming down in San Fran

S/C/G: 275/191/150

Height: 5'8"

I say it's your body, so you make it suit you!

I myself haven't had plastic surgery, but I did have some knarly varicose veins stripped out of my left leg because they were getting so big and bumpy that I was embarassed to wear shorts or a skirt

I have fantasized about getting my boobs raised a bit because when you have size 42D breasts, they are quite the burden! Well, raised and reduced! Though I'm hoping losing weight and tightening muscles above them will do the trick.

My other "some day" thing is wishing I had a clearer jawline. I hate having my chin just kinda rise off my neck with a triangle of flesh underneath it! It's not a "double chin", it's just squishy.

It's funny the things I focus on when here I am at 200+ pounds, and I'm all weird about my JAWLINE.

Anyway - I say best wishes and good luck! If it improves your confidence and makes you happier in your body, what the hey!
Old 02-26-2006, 10:20 PM   #3  

Height: 5'5"

only tell them if you feel comfortable. if you dont and they ask about the new and improved you ie "did you have work done" just say whatever you are comfortable with. "yes, thanks for noticing." "a lady never shares her secrets. *wink*" "no- i've just been working otu a lot. *double wink*"

good luck!
Old 02-26-2006, 11:50 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 196/159.6/150

Height: 5'7.5"

I certianly don't think that it's a selfish thing to do at all. You've worked really hard, and you deserve to have the body you've earned without having the skin from your old one infringing on your success every time you look in the mirror!
Old 02-27-2006, 08:10 AM   #5  
250/ticker/160

Height: 5"9

I am in the same boat, except I still have 25 lbs. to lose before I do the surgery (that and saving $5000). One day last week my dad asked how much I had lost so far and I told him and then 'mentioned' that when I had reached goal I was getting the extra skin on my stomach removed...(in front of my mom of course). I'm trying to ease them into the thought so it won't be scary once I actually do it. As far as the rest of my family or friends, I'm not even going to mention it

GOOD LUCK with your surgery, and tell us how it goes, I'm wanting the same two procedures done and can't wait until I reach goal!!

Lacey
Old 02-27-2006, 11:19 AM   #6  

Go for the surgery if that's what you want. Enjoy your new appearance afterward. There is no need to tell anyone, either for approval or for explanation. It's a private thing, and no one has a right to that information. Congrats on your weight loss!
Old 02-27-2006, 11:27 AM   #7  
The High-Carb Rebel

S/C/G: 175ish/175ish/145ish

I say go for it! I've seen TV shows where people who've lost a considerable amount of weight have had extra skin removed and it makes a big difference. And hey, while you're having that done why not have a boob job? I'd probably do it It's okay to be "selfish" once in awhile.
Closed Thread