UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Old 02-25-2006, 06:01 AM   #1  
wot the...

Default is it Muscle or am i just fat 4eva

I started dieting a while ago but never added excersise. About 3 weeks ago i began excersising my *** off and there has been a lot off toning as well as cardio.
Thing is you'd think i'd be dropping the pounds but my weight has just stuck! Okay I'm sure i've dropped the inches but i was jus wondering if anyone has experienced this and when did the weight start coming off. I know they say muscle weighs more than fat but this is driving me mad and i jus wanna quit
ll_tatie_ll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2006, 01:45 PM   #2  

Don't quit! I'm sure the pounds will follow the inches.
veggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2006, 02:21 PM   #3  

Keep at it. It's not just muscle that happens when you exercise, but you can retain fluid in your muscles too. It takes a while for it to all sort out, but you will find yourself losing dress sizes in now time.

Be patient (not my strongest point either!)
kykaree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2006, 11:43 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 174/148/138

Height: 5' 9"

I know the feeling Hun, I've been stuck on the same weight for a month now, I've started to get what my mum calls "hockey players" legs. The scales are about to get thrown out the window, at least the tape measure is being my friend. And if I get the urge for a sneaky munch I just get on the exercise bike for 30 minutes.

We've just got to stick at it and stay positive
Moo :) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2006, 01:29 PM   #5  

Welcome Moo
veggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2006, 05:35 AM   #6  
wot the...

grrr its so frustrating! I've given up the aerobic work out 4 a while and i've swaped it 4 swimming. bit paranoid about joining a gym tho although i'd love to, since i've put on weight my confidence has dropped. What i wouldn't do for a prvite gym all for me!
Old 02-27-2006, 05:48 AM   #7  
Getting back on track

I'm experiencing something similar - I increased my workout to add in some toning and build some muscle and I too have been at the same weight for a month! Yes, it is very frustrating!!

Maybe we should start a working out more and plateaued thread!
icmethinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2006, 02:31 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 174/148/138

Talking

I don't know what happened but those extra munchie attacks and the subsequent quick hops on the excerise bike must have worked ...... I dropped 2lbs this week YAY YAY

This is the 1st time I've ever thanked a munchie attack

Think postive girls plateaus do go away in the end
Moo :) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2006, 06:35 AM   #9  
wot the...

well done! your doin better than me. I've stopped tonin jus concentrate on swimmin 2 shift the weight and tone wen i'm down to a smaller size. I jus wanna see results i wanna see um now!!!
Old 02-28-2006, 07:07 AM   #10  

Toning now is really important. Muscle is more metabolically active than fat. So what that means is, the more of your body composition is made up of muscle, the more calories you need, even at rest. So if your not eating the calories, they have to come from your fat reserves. So toning whilst losing weight makes sense.

Also, if you build muscle, whilst the scales may not show a loss, you will look slimmer and go down dress sizes quicker. Take me for example. I got down to 199 at the beginning of January. I haven't lost a pound since then. But I have dropped a jeans size.

if its just numbers on a scale you want to see, then drop the weights, but if it's serious life long body changes you want, keep up the weight training.
kykaree is offline   Reply With Quote