Old 02-23-2006, 06:49 PM   #1  
On stabilization

Height: 5'5

Question Starches

Ok, I saw stiesta's thread about calories, and now I wonder - what makes a starch a starch? Am I looking at carbs? calories? sugar? I can't even get my COD to tell me - 100 calories, less than 10g carbo - or something. Is it really so difficult to break down?
hkychik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2006, 10:16 PM   #2  

yes it is. some things should not be eaten regrdless of if you make it under the 100 calorie mark of not.
I had tricked myself into the 100 calorie thing for a while. I had two corn torillas as a starch (only 60 calories) 2 slices of bread (only 70 calories) and so on and so on. The carbs and many other protions are not meant to be the sme exact eveything, that is were the varity we shoudl do comes in, because with switching up the foods we alo switch up calorie intake. If you are at a special event our genral rulle has become to stay below 100 calories or a carb, but don't make it your daily ritual. Like barb said ont he other thread, you have to ask your self are you doing the LAWL plan or that LORI plan
(now if i could only turn my pointing finger around to me and follow my own advice )
shennie_97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2006, 12:01 AM   #3  
On stabilization

Height: 5'5

Thanks, Shennie - I hadn't thought about doing the LORI plan - that's a good one! I was just looking for variety from the menu, as I don't eat a lot of the stuff on there.
hkychik is offline   Reply With Quote