Old 02-23-2006, 04:37 PM   #1  

Height: 5'1"

Smile Jaded Ladies Challenge #2

We've had this challenge here before and by request, we're going to restart it again!! It started in the Support thread, and since most of us don't get a chance to venture far from our little corner of the woods, I thought I would have one for us.

This will be our 2nd round. Once we hit 100 post I'll start a new thread, that way it won't take so long for it to load for some.

Here is how it works. You choose something that you would like to work on and do it for 21 days. (to make it a habit) Such as drink 80oz. of water , walk a mile, or what ever else may come to mind. You do a count down. But if you miss a day...you start over to day one. And you can start over many times, but if you're constantly starting over.....well then....I would say maybe you should find something else to work on for 21 days.

Also, during the days you're sick and your body just doesn't feel good, we have what we call a "pause". You pause your efforts until you're feeling better and just continue from what day you stopped.

Simple you say.....believe me,,,,it's not as simple as it sounds...there have been times that I just had to start over.

And just a reminder, this is not a competition against others. We are not competing, we are trying to make better habits in our lifestyles and this is just one way to help kick start it.

So anyone like to join???
Marti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2006, 04:40 PM   #2  

Default Day four for me.

Ok...can't believe an entire 100 post went by w/out me being part of the challenge! I hang my head in shame.

But here is the news.

I decided to get more water intake which started due to the head cold. I'm on my 4th day of drinking 60oz of water a day.

Once I get to feeling better, I will do an exercise challenge. But for starters...it's going to be the water.
Old 02-23-2006, 06:57 PM   #3  
I know I can

I really need to work on my water intake. So that will be my first challenge, I will be drinking 3 litres per day.
Poley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2006, 11:34 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 220/220/175

I'm going to change mine. I get at 8o oz. so now I'm going to say to work out 4 days a week. I really need to do that.
LatinaPrincess1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2006, 04:30 PM   #5  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Thumbs up Day 5 for W & V, Day 3 for E

Bumping this up in case anyone wants to join me in another challenge.

I am doing a water, vitamin and exercise challenge and starting from this past Monday. Going to try and keep it all straight with the exercise because I won't do that consecutively.

So today is Friday, April 21 and this is Day 5 for my water and vitamins. And day 3 for exercise. Going to have to check my calendar to make sure about the exercise, it may be day 4. And Monday is my WI. I weighed this past Monday and WI at a whopping 201, YIKES! Then bought new scales and weighed two days later when I bought those at 203, double YIKES! So we'll see what they say on Monday. Onward and upward ladies, or should I say onward and down-ward?!
FrouFrou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2006, 10:24 PM   #6  
RosieKate

Our new slogan - Downward! It's better than TOPS - we used to call the person who lost the most weight the Loser of the Week.

Count me in. I will start with Monday's weigh-in. I want to do 21 days OP - Zone-style. I've been sorta doing it this week with a couple of notable lapses....need to get that little extra motivation...
Old 04-21-2006, 10:56 PM   #7  
I can dream, can't I?

Height: 5'5"

I will also start the challenge with my WI on Mon. I am already doing plenty of liquids, so don't know what my challenge will be, but I will do either food OP or exercise. Maybe I should challenge myself to do exercise other than walking since I am doing well on the walking. Hmmmmm...
suetalks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2006, 05:20 AM   #8  

Oh I'm so for this!! Cristina, thank you for getting this back out...I was going to search for it earlier today but just didn't have time!!

And you always remind me about vitamins! Such a good part of any healthy way of eating. Not always do I get all the vitamins I need!! Must remember to stick the bottle out where I can see it everyday.

I've been doing the gazelle and water. But I think I'll wait until Monday to actually track it. (I'll still be working out and drinking....)

How fun!! And Mondays are WI days right!?

Who else is ready for this??
Old 04-22-2006, 11:11 AM   #9  
One day at a time

Default Day 6 for W & V, Day 5 for exercising

I'm glad to see you ladies joining in on the challenge. I am so ready for this.

Okay, so checked my calendar (been keeping track of it every day) and yesterday was day 4 for exercise, just missed Wednesday because of all the errands I had to run. Anyway...it is a little after 10 a.m. and I have already went for a 3 mile walk, took my vitamins and drank four bottles of water, GULP! V and I took a trip to SAMS to get more sine I was almost out.

Go ladies! Downward!
Old 04-24-2006, 12:38 PM   #10  
One day at a time

Thumbs up

Days 7 & 8 for water & vitamins down, as is days 6 & 7 for exercise. (really need to post this daily so I don't get confused, lol) This is for both Sunday and Monday. Yes, today...I did a three mile walk yesterday as well as this morning. And I already drank my four bottles of water for the day and took my vitimans. Will most likely drink a fifth, possibly a sixth one. I haven't had lunch yet and have been trying to drink one with it. Then I will have one while I cook dinner to help me eat less. Guess I didn't actually post what my challenge is so here goes:

Water-4 16.9 oz. bottles, no less.
Take vitimans
And exercise 6 days (It Figures-3 days, walk-3 days)

So far so good. And...I am down a pound! I hated that the new scales said I weighed more, but they are supposed to be accurate so...there's no going back to the old ones. Anywho...on to days 9 & 8! I am liking getting it all done before noon!
Old 04-24-2006, 04:14 PM   #11  
RosieKate

WTG Cristina! I hope to be saying the same thing on next Monday's WI. I am on Day One of staying OP for 21 days. This has become more crucial as of my visit to the chiropractor today.

I've been having some knee and back pain, I assumed due to a bad turn in an exercise class. The back pain is something that comes and goes for me and has for years. My chiro examined my posture and stance and said her recommendation was to find a podiatrist and get some orthotics made....and until then to lay off the aerobics

WAAAAAH
Old 04-25-2006, 11:06 AM   #12  
I can dream, can't I?

Height: 5'5"

I forgot to post this yesterday...
So today is my day 1. Since I am already doing well on liquids and walking I am going to vow to stay OP for this challenge. My main goal is to get plenty of fruit and veggies. Somehow I have to make that scale move again.

I have already had melon for breakfast and baby carrots for a mid morning munch.

Good luck gals you are doing great ..........
suetalks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2006, 01:36 PM   #13  
One day at a time

Oh KATY...sorry to hear about that. Hopefully, you can get some orthotics soon and get back to the aerobics. I hope your back gets to feeling better!

SUE...good to hear you are doing good with the liquids. I need to add more veggies and fruit to my diet also. But that will be another challenge.

Today is day 8 for my exercise and that is done! Working on Day 9 for the water. Have had 3 bottles so far so it won't be a problem getting 4. This time I went ahead and put 5 on the counter so that's what I am aiming for today. Vitamins are not a porblem so far. I have been taking them with breakfast so that too is done. Now to keep it up!

We can do it ladies!
Old 04-25-2006, 03:02 PM   #14  
RosieKate

Yahooo Day one is done!
Old 04-26-2006, 04:13 PM   #15  
One day at a time

Day 10 for the water and vitamins! Today is my free day for exercise since I do most of my errands on this day.

WTG KATY on Day one!

Hope everyone else is doing great too!