Old 02-22-2006, 10:48 PM   #1  
Stephanie

S/C/G: 236/135-140/More Fit

Height: 5'6"

Default American Idol

I have been kinda watching this season and I did tonight, the guys performances. I don't know if any of you gals watched, but that guy Ace, the one who sang "Father Figure" makes me giggle like a school girl. I am not one of those chicks who always is falling over myself for cute guys, but he is just...I don't know. I love him though.
LockItUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2006, 11:00 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 286/160/145

I wanted to not like Ace. I wanted him to be like Constantine last year (who always made me feel like I needed a shower to wash of the ickiness after he sang). But he is just too cute AND he can actually sing!

Overall, I thought that the guys were so much better than the women last night. There were a couple of female standouts, but I think that narrowing the field of men down to six will be tougher.

Aside from Ace's general yumminess, I'm also loving Elliott Yamin (I think that's his last name - the kid with the funky beard) and Chris Daughtry. Will Makar also won me over. He's precious.
bluedevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2006, 12:55 AM   #3  
Determined

I know!!! And did you see Ace's brother? He was just as hot! Voice wise though I am loving Chris and Taylor.. We'll see.
happydaisy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2006, 01:07 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 282/ticker/145

I like Will! He's adorable. My husband says he looks like Miles from the show "Surface." I think he looks like a young Donny Osmond.

Most of the guys were very good. It will be hard narrowing them down. I think I'm always harder on the girls because their personalities and looks get to me more than their singing.
stacylambert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2006, 10:15 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 375/360/200

Height: 6'

Default AI Rocks my Socks

It's all Taylor and Ace for me. I'm glad to see Mendisa doing so well. That chick can sing! And after what Simon said to her, I think she held her self up high and marched right over him. But after watching both the men and women sing this week, I think the guys have better talent than the girls. Here's hoping! Ace is delish! I love Taylor's style though. Kind of a hidden cool cat in there. And that harmonica! Puddle O' Jenni. Lovely.
jennilynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2006, 08:53 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 162lbs/140lbs/127lbs

Chris is my fav! He's gorgeous AND can sing!!
I really like Taylor too-he's strange, but in a cool sort of way. He gives me chills every time he sings, it's so weird!
I think Kevin is adorable too. He doesn't have the best talent, but I give him alot of credit for singing as well as he does with a lisp!! I wanna pinch his cheeks too! LOL!
I think America made the right choices with everyone who went home last week. I do have alot of fav's this year...it's going to be tough to illiminate people every week! Especially 2 at a time!!
Christie22ra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2006, 09:00 PM   #7  

Hey girls! I had to chime in here.......I think Chris Daughtry is AMAZING!! I love to watch him sing....I bet half of his votes came from me!!
hzrdus7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2006, 10:25 PM   #8  
Stephanie

Ok, I've switched to being in love with Chris, oooooooooo!!! Ace didn't thrill me this week. Out of the girls I think I like Lisa Tucker the best, she is really good. But Chris, yea, Chris has got it!
Old 03-02-2006, 01:14 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 282/ticker/145

Chris sang hemmorage right? It was AMAZING. Coming from a huge Fuel fan too.
stacylambert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2006, 08:51 AM   #10  

Thumbs up Whooo Hoooo!!

Chris was AWESOME last night!! I love him! He's so good! He's got my vote! I wouldn't be surprised if he wins the whole thing! Simon was right about what he said last night....I could definitely hear him on the radio too! I would buy his CD!
Ace bombed last night. I thought he was horrible. He reminds me of someone who should be on a soap opera...kinda pretty boy, kinda cheesy...I don't know....He's cute, but...I don't think he's GREAT. He's got that "I should be in a boy band and sing love songs" vibe...I hate that!
Out of the girls, I hope Brenna goes home...can't stand her! I really like Kelly Pickler & Melissa from FL though, I voted for them.
We'll see what happens tonight! I think Heather cox is going home and maybe kinnik (She sounded awful too the other night). I think the guys have blown me away more than the girls this year! Can't wait to see what happens!
Old 03-02-2006, 11:07 AM   #11  
Stephanie

Yeah, I hope that crooner guy goes home tonight! I don't know why, but I just can't stand him, I hate the style and I hate the faces he makes when he's singing. I don't get to watch the vote off show because Thursday is Survivor night, so you gals will have to let me know!
Old 03-02-2006, 02:27 PM   #12  
Eating for two!

S/C/G: 324 highest known/on hold/150

Height: 5' 5"

Chris--hands down, THE best total package in this competition. He has the looks, the voice, the personality, the confidence, and none of the bad that comes with it (not conceited, not too flashy, not trying too hard to impress, etc.). He also seems to be the only one singing REAL modern songs, something we ould listen to on the radio.

That crooner has GOT to go. No one's going to listen to him who is under 75 years old. I also want the blonde chick to go (the one who sang Hero--can't remember her name right now, though). For the girls, I think it's obvious who has the most talent (Mendisa, Paris, and Lisa) and who is the most likeable (Kellie), but I really am pulling for Chris to go all the way and leave the girls in the dust Also, I think the girls have proven their talent and will do well regardless of whether or not they win on AI, ya know? same with Taylor Hicks--he's absolutely adorable, and I think he'll do well after the show even if he doesn't make it.

Ace...well, he just reminds me too much of Constantine (whom I wasn't particularly fond of), and after last night's performance, I don't mind admitting that I'm not a fan
jillybean720 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2006, 06:39 PM   #13  

Quote:
Originally Posted by jillybean720
That crooner has GOT to go. No one's going to listen to him who is under 75 years old. I also want the blonde chick to go (the one who sang Hero--can't remember her name right now, though).
Ace...well, he just reminds me too much of Constantine (whom I wasn't particularly fond of), and after last night's performance, I don't mind admitting that I'm not a fan
The blonde girl is Heather Cox, the one I mentioned earlier. I think she's gonna go...she doesn't stand out too much besides the fact that she's not that good.
I agree about the crooner too. I don't like his style either. It's boring to me.
I'm not a fan of Ace either, I'll admit it. I didn't really see what the craze was from the beginning anyway....I'm not that fond of long hair.
I'm more into the shaved head, gotee, rocker types! LOL!
Old 03-02-2006, 07:49 PM   #14  

I'm hoping Brenna and Heather Cox go!! As far as I am concerned they can end the show now and give it to Chris!

I think Chris is so hot because, as someone else said, he doesn't seem conceited at all. It seems to come so easy to him and it drives me CRAZY!!!

Ace seems too confident and cheesy with some of his "dreamy" looks at the camera....I don't think they are that dreamy, but I think Ryan Seacrest referred to that last week.

I find the crooner boring too, so he can go.
hzrdus7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2006, 08:40 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 375/360/200

Height: 6'

I was SO happy when Brenna got voted off! I love Chris. He totally blew me away last on Tuesday. Fantastic job! I have to give a shout out to Mandisa. She is doing great! I gotta say also I wanted Bucky to go! He drove me insane with his rendition of The Thunder Rolls.
jennilynn is offline   Reply With Quote