Old 02-20-2006, 06:35 AM   #1  
Eating for two!

S/C/G: 324 highest known/on hold/150

Height: 5' 5"

Default Weekly Journal Buddy Thread (Feb. 20-26)

Good morning! Starting a new week off on the right foot. I am only working half a day today (was supposed to have the day off, but they said if we worked, we could take the holiday whenever later on, like a floating holiday, so here I am!), so my schedule may end up alterring my menu, but here it is for now:
  • 2 boca burgers on wheat buns w/Miracle Whip
  • chicken w/marinade
  • wheat noodles w/veggies and marinade
  • leftover chocolate cake
1181 calories
jillybean720 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2006, 04:11 PM   #2  
DollyR

S/C/G: GW - 145

Height: 5'6"

I walked: 35 minutes on the treadmill.

I drank: 9 - 8oz glasses of water

I ate:
1 cup of fat free milk
5 oz of tofu
kimchee
seaweed
1 bag of 94% fat free popcorn
1 WW smoothie
Asparagus
Halibut
Cool Whip Free
SF FF Chocolate Pudding

It totaled 27 points.
DollyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2006, 04:31 PM   #3  
A 6'1" Amazon and Proud!!

got up this morning and did 30 minutes on the elliptical. I plan on doing an hour more tonight in anticipation of Wednesday (my weekly at-home weigh in day). I feel like I'm retaining a lot of water because of the salt from sports drinks this weekend and the scale confirmed it today - i weighed in at 293 - 5 lbs more than last week. But i hope if i do well the next two days and drink TONS of water, I will show a good loss on Wednesday.

Breakfast - 1 piece wheat toast with PB
Lunch - 2 tacos and a small roasted chicken sandwich
Dinner - 3 pieces of low-sodium FF ham and a piece of cheese on a low-carb whole wheat tortilla

Fitday calories: 1080

I've had 4 liters of water so far today. My goal is 8 liters to flush out my system!

Last edited by suzisonthemovetolose; 02-20-2006 at 10:21 PM.
suzisonthemovetolose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2006, 06:59 PM   #4  
Eating for two!

Well, my menu today definitely changed...we hit Burger King for dinner But I actually ended up with even FEWER calories than planned earlier Here's what I had:
  • leftover chocolate cake from work party
  • 1 Boca burger on wheat bun w/Miracle Whip
  • BK kid's meal (4-pc chicken tenders and small fried w/diet coke)--it said 4-pc chicken tenders on the menu, but it was actually 5 little crown-shaped nuggets...I'm assuming that the 5 little nuggets would be the same as 4 regular tenders, so that's how I counted it (based on the nutritional info on their website)--OH, and I just had ketchup with the chicken instead of my usual honey mustard, ranch dressing, or other super-sugary sauce
Total of 1077 calories but don't look at my nutrients for the day
Old 02-20-2006, 07:12 PM   #5  
if only she'd lose weight

S/C/G: 360/see ticker/180

Height: 5'7

Congrats on keeping your calories in check, Jilly!! I know how hard that is to do, but you did it!!!

Suz, be careful w/the water. I know coming from me that's laughable, but the reason I can drink 2 gallons a day is b/c I'm on meds that are a super diuretic. I'd hate to see you flushing out potassium & other nutrients you need, BUT if you do it slowly enough, and are exercising, you should be fine. Water is a good thing. Not trying to boss you, just don't want you to get sick. Also, my trainer told me to cut the sports drinks with water, to make them not so potent.

Today:

'capetown harvest' rooibos tea
kashi 'cheerios' --sorry can't remember the name of them
skim soy milk--i think they stuck vanilla into a original bottle, i made mac & cheese with it friday & it smelled like vanilla.

12oz calcium fortified orange juice

water water & more water
SuchAPrettyFace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2006, 07:13 PM   #6  
Hanging in the Heartland

S/C/G: 470/220/170

Height: 5"8"

Talking

Hi folks,

Had my first 4 point day (see challenge) in a week or two. Glad to see everybody posting. Are a few faces are missing? Seems so

Jillybean, I tried some frozen soy burgers at the store today inspired by your boca burger example. Seems like they might be simple, easy and quick.

Jillygal, got a new cheesecake recipe from my favorite low-carb chef. PM if you want it.

Dishyfishy, I read someting you posted on another thread. It cracked me up

I have been having fun checking out cookbooks from the library and making a binder of healthy recipes I would like to try.

I don't weigh unless I am at the doctor, but have lost 1.5 inches off my waist and .5 off my hips in the last 3-4 weeks. It feels really motivating to see the numbers moving.
activeadventurer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2006, 10:20 PM   #7  

DollyR, congrats on your perfect day (i saw your other thread). that is so awesome!!!!!

Good job on the calories, Jilly!

Thanks for the idea about the sports drinks, SuchAPrettyFace! That's a good idea. I normally don't drink them, but I was running for roughly 3 hrs yesterday and that seemed to work the best for me. and thanks for the advice on the water!

and activeadventurer, that is wonderful about your inches lost!!! It feels so good to see that kind of difference!
Old 02-21-2006, 06:17 AM   #8  
DollyR

S/C/G: GW - 145

Height: 5'6"

Thanks everyone for the congratulations on my perfect day! I am really proud of myself!

Today I had another perfect day!!

I drank: 8- 8oz glasses of water

I ate:
1 cup of fat free milk
1 packet of oatmeal
1/2 banana
1 cup blueberries
1 bag of 94% fat free popcorn
salad with 2 tblsp FF dressing
asparagus
rigatoni lean cuisine
orange
6 oz chicken without skin
brussell sprouts
kimchi
Cool Whip Free
SF FF Chocolate Pudding

I totaled 27 points for the day!
DollyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2006, 06:50 AM   #9  
Eating for two!

active--I just tried an actual Boca brand burger yesterday for the first time, and I must say that the texture wasn't quite as good as the Morningstar Farms brand (IMO), so if you don't like whatever kind you got, you may still want to try another brand. Hopefully, though, you will like what you got so you don't have to worry about it! I got the Boca ones this week because they have fewer calories than the Morningstar Farms ones, but that may have come at a price

sapf--I like those Kashi "Cheerios," too! The little heart-shaped ones? It's the Kashi cereal that tastes the most like "real" cereal to me

I'm so excited about yesterday and the total control I had over BK (rather than letting BK control me!). I will be on track again today, too! Here's the plan:
  • yogurt
  • 2 Boca burgers on wheat buns w/Miracle Whip
  • chicken, bbq sauce, and shredded cheese on whole wheat tortillas--last time, I tried to make quesedillas, but they were soooo messy, so I think this time I'll try to make them more like little burritos and see how that works. Even if we end up having to eat them with a fork (again), they're very yummy and don't take long to make
Per Fitday, that's about 918 calories (although I'll have to check my package of cheese to get that number right--I estimated, but I know the Fitday cheese calories never match up with the nutrition labels ).
Old 02-21-2006, 07:53 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 412/TICKER/175

Height: 5'5

Yesterday was a fairly good day. Had the usual eggs and sausage for breakfast, although I didn't get to eat lunch as I was in classes. Didn't really have a dinner last night, either, although I had quite a few pieces of string cheese. Premonition of sickness perhaps, as I'm feel vile today. Hopefully a nap right here in the AM will help with that a little.
kayleystar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2006, 09:54 AM   #11  

Well, here's my plan for the day. I'm retaining water due to TOM, so I'm really not sure if I'll show a loss tomorrow morning, which I am kinda bummed about. But I guess all I can do is stick to my plan today and see what happens.

Breakfast - piece of pumpernickel toast with PB
Lunch - spinach salad with couple slices of deli turkey on top
Dinner - grilled chicken sandwich on light bread and grilled squash and zucchini

Fitday estimate: ~1100 calories

Exercise goal - 1 hr on elliptical, 30 minutes of weights, 30 minutes of yoga ball work (crunches, squats, etc)

Last edited by suzisonthemovetolose; 02-21-2006 at 10:43 AM.
Old 02-21-2006, 12:41 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 351 / 282 / 135

Height: 5'3"

Blah. My calories indicate I should be losing, even with my horrible 3500 calorie day if you average in for the past 2 weeks. It's like 1750 calories a day. And I'm at 250 pounds. And doing exercise. But no loss! So I'm discouraged, and stopped exercising, plus I'm moping and depressed and blah.

Monday (jury duty)
Breakfast: Low sugar loatmeal and a soy breakfast patty
Snack: Soy chips
Lunch: Healthy Choice stuffed pasta
Snack: Peanuts, a peach
Dinner: Some Healthy Choice meal, I can't even remember
Snack: Sugar-free ice cream bar

Calories: About 1250
rabidstoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2006, 04:22 PM   #13  
Made in England!

S/C/G: 260/260/169

Height: 5' 4"

Try not to worry too much about water weight, Suz. I ended my week with an overall gain of a pound, but I was up by 6 or 7 a couple of days ago. It's times like this the scales are downright useless. You're doing great!

Well done for choosing wisely at BK, Jill. Bet you feel really good about that.

Looks as though you're on a roll, Darlene.

Congrats again on your shrinkage, Denise!

Mac and cheese with vanilla soy milk, SAPF?! I'll try almost anything once, but I think I'll give that one a miss.

I'm with you on feeling miserable, rabidstoat. I'm trying hard to stay upbeat, but must confess I'm struggling a bit. Look how far you've come though! Maybe you need to reward yourself with a night of pampering to relax and unwind.

My mouth has calmed down a lot although it's still a little swollen. It didn't help when I accidentally whizzed over the raw spot with the electric toothbrush this morning. And this was after I was up most of the night (for the 3rd time in a fortnight) with wicked pains that I'm guessing is some sort of acid reflux thing. I'm gonna try to choose some blander food in the hopes that it'll help.

Mon 20 Feb:
  • 500 ml offee with 2 tblsp. half & half.
  • Zone Perfect bar.
  • 1 cup brown rice, 3 oz lean beef cooked with garlic, onions, and some random spices. I wish I could remember what I put in 'cause it was rather tasty.
  • 2 oz piece pumpkin bread.
  • 2 oz whole-grain tortilla chips with 2 oz cream cheese.
  • 1 beef sausage thing (can't remember what the label said) in a small whole-wheat roll with mustard, onions, and tomato, 3 baked perogies.
Exercise: 30 minute walk.

Today's Plan:
  • Coffee.
  • Zone Perfect bar.
  • Cereal, raisins, 0% milk.
  • Cottage cheese on toast.
  • Fresh pineapple.
  • Tuna with veggies, brown rice.
DishyFishy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2006, 04:29 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 412/TICKER/175

Height: 5'5

Feeling a lot better than this morning...
B: none...wasn't awake
L: Had eggs and sausage...lol
D: Going to have a salad.
kayleystar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2006, 05:33 PM   #15  
Made in England!

S/C/G: 260/260/169

Height: 5' 4"

Oops! Sorry I missed your post, Kayley. Glad to hear you're feeling better today. :
DishyFishy is offline   Reply With Quote