Old 02-18-2006, 01:51 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 166/147/135

Default the dreaded cellulite

I wanted to ask if anyone knew of a way, short of a miracle, to get rid of cellulite. It seems no matter how much weight or inches I lose, I still have cellulite on my outer thighs and right above my knees. I can feel my muscles getting bigger and harder underneath the layer of cellulite, but the stuff never seems to go away.

Anyone know anything about this?
LaurenDougherty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2006, 03:46 PM   #2  
My Happy Place

Sorry, I don't know of anything for sure, but I've read that a lot of it is genetics. Although, I have heard that drinking lots of water will help. Sorry I couldn't be a better help.
DoingItForMyBoys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2006, 08:23 PM   #3  
35lbs gone by 5/14

S/C/G: 235/230/135

Lauren:

If they find help for cellulite, see if they can find something for stretch marks. I've tried the creams that claim to help, but they didn't work for me, it just made them softer, not lighter. I've also heard that it's genetic.

Terina
katielab'smom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2006, 12:15 AM   #4  
Miles

S/C/G: 176/168/135

Height: 5'4"

It seems like some of mine got worse after losing weight...I'll bet like stretch marks (which I know from experience) they can fade after time, and after loss. I know it does have something to do with the way the fat is sitting underneath your skin so theoretically if you could reduce fat and increase muscle, you might be able to reduce the appearance of it. Just a thought though, definitely have no proof to back that up...yet
blues4miles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2006, 08:54 AM   #5  

I don't know if there is any truth to this or not but I've heard that cutting back on the dairy can help also.

I just don't know what to believe anymore. One says eat 3 dairy a day to lose weight easier and another says dairy aids the cellulite
1dayatatime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2006, 01:34 PM   #6  

Cellulite is acutally caused by the fibers that connect our skin to the underlying tissues. General wear and tear on our bodies, hormonal changes (puberty being one of them and the reason cellulite is more common in women than men), and genetics all help determine how well these fibers hold up over time. Cellulite is created when these fibers become weak and broken and fat presses through them (think pressing shortening through a tennis racquet) and that is what creates the dimpled appearance. So, losing weight and exercise may help reduce the appearance of cellulite nothing will get rid of it all together - short of having 0% of body fat which, of course, isn't possible. Even liposuction won't completely remove cellulite. Sad, but true!
lucky is offline   Reply With Quote